Finally decided on a paint scheme

Jarl Caldersson

So bought a pack of Reivers and painted 4 of them in different colors before deciding on a scheme for my army. I wanted to go with the 30k theme. It's pretty simple compared to some of the more fancy themes I've seen. The less time painting and cleaning your armor the more time to kill heretics and xenos.

If you are wondering where his shoulder pads are, I haven't put them on yet. Still deciding on what style to put on the reivers. Not a big fan of one pauldron being bigger than the other doesn't make too much sense.

As for the helmet, I wanted something truly terrifying and waiting on KF Studio Wolf Skull helmets. 

Please let me know where I can improve, I wanted to make it simple compared to my DG army and be spartan.

http://i.imgur.com/PmUpWBP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hxv6nGo.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to say I will be using the red SW FW transfers for pack and Chapter markings. The big circle on the back I wanted to also put the squad marking if I could find someone that could downsize it. Give it some flare and (RL) every unit I've been with has had their squad name or personal name on the backpack/helmet to ID from the back.

Edited by Caldersson

Looks awesome so far. How are you planning on basing them?

The dirt texture (armegeddon dust?) with Valhallan Winter over it, then some dry bush covered in snow. Still trying to find a decent bush or shrubbery. I wanted to do ice shards sticking out of the ground but not sure how to do that. Basically I wanted to do a frozen tundra.

Something like this

_smaller.jpg

Though if I could I would love to do a few models like this

frozentundra.jpg?w=593&h=435

Edited by Caldersson

Looks great, im currently in the middle of rebuilding my whole SW force in a much darker 30k theme too (currently cutting out and cleaning up lots of mkIII marines from the prospero box).

Love the idea of those wolk skull helms, think i might have to use them to denote the wolf guard pack leaders.