Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Wargame Exclusive/ Grim Skull] News & Releases

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
It looks like GW is on another C&D kick. They had to make changes to their chaplain and Abaddon models so far.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 3,000 points

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,958 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

It looks like GW is on another C&D kick. They had to make changes to their chaplain and Abaddon models so far.

I don't think they actually did, cheeky bastards. I've ordered Abaddon when he was taken down from the listing (but could be Searched for!) and it seems it's coming in the previously shown version.

They've replied in an email to me that the chaplain does actually have a skull helmet option, only they can't show it online. It's very likely that Abby also has both head and backpack options.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

psp20ZC.jpggallery_45765_12908_1745.png

Necromunda conversion thread: Beastmen notGoliath! Dark Eldar notEscher!

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,958 posts

Yeah, they just confirmed, Abby also has "assembling options" :D

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,103 posts

I really like the bare head as well.  The whole model is spooky enough that it could work as a Dark Apostle.

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 610 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
NICE. GW should really go back to proper skull helms on their Chaplains (like the Terminator Chaplain) because the current lot look cartoony although the Primaris is a great step in the right direction (albeit ruined by a pimp-stick instead of a crozius). Same for the Reivers, but again, they're not as bad as the Chaplains.

EDIT - Given how close these guys' models name and nomenclature are to GW's own I'm frankly amazed that they've not been hassled already! lol

Edited by MaulerUK, 03 October 2017 - 08:04 AM.

Chaos Marine #1: "Huh, that can't be a Volkite weapon, I've not seen one of those for what must be 10,000 years realtime..."
Magos Dominus: "01000100 01001001 01000101 00100000 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101 01010100 01001001 01000011 00100000 01010011 01000011 01010101 01001101 00100001 00100001"
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Cultists 1-5: "Wraaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh...." *crisped*
Chaos Marine #1: "Cheerio, lol"
Chaos Marine #2: "lol!"
Magos Dominus: "01001100 01001111 01001100 00101100 00100000 01001110 01000101 01010111 01000010 01010011 00100001 00100001"

StraightSilver

StraightSilver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

I really like the bare head as well.  The whole model is spooky enough that it could work as a Dark Apostle.

Yeah this was my thoughts as well, I think with a tiny bit of work this could be a really nice 30K Word Bearers model.

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,958 posts

EDIT - Given how close these guys' models name and nomenclature are to GW's own I'm frankly amazed that they've not been hassled already! lol

They were, that's why they show the models with alternate heads / backpacks now. You still get the correct ones "as a bonus", but they cannot market the skull helmet or Abaddon's topknot head and classic backpack trophy rack.

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,958 posts

There were news that Grim Skull / Wargame Exclusive were not doing the not-Typhus miniature at all. There were concerns that it was due to the GW IP pushback that had them redesign the not-Abaddon and not-Chaplain and not market the alternate bonus parts that made the product look like GW's own.

It turns out that the not-Typhus is probably due for the same kind of treatment, not gone completely!

brSKIta.png

• Warpmiss likes this

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,892 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
All WE/GS news and release threads merged

Also worth noting that the headlamps for the Razorback kit and now available separately due to demand.
  • Kastor Krieg likes this

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,892 posts
Imperial Confessor unboxing

mhacdebhandia

mhacdebhandia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 705 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sons of Medusa

NICE. GW should really go back to proper skull helms on their Chaplains (like the Terminator Chaplain)

I strongly disagree. Helmets that look like they are skulls are very silly. Helmets painted with a skull design, or molded with a skull faceplate, are much better.

• old git, Irbis and sfPanzer like this

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,524 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators

I don't like their Not-Primarchs, but damn, those turrets are sexy! Those are going on the wishlist (as if it wasn't long enough already).

gallery_92826_13373_1665.jpggallery_92826_13373_2084.jpggallery_92826_13373_141.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gif

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,892 posts
New today: Flamerback turret

https://wargameexclu...conversion-set/

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 123 posts
  • Chapter Name: Primaris, Eldar

What's the status on the quality? Have any brother tried them?

Cheers,

Anamnesis

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg      Follow me for more wip on Instagram     My Primaris Knight of the Chalice, BA successor Plog

TheMuumio

TheMuumio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts

Cheers,
Anamnesis

The models I've ordered have been nothing short of excellent with minimal issues.
  • Anamnesis likes this

Kastor Krieg

Kastor Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,958 posts

The absolute top notch resin cast out there. I have not seen better.
  • Anamnesis likes this

Squigsquasher

Squigsquasher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 580 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children

Ehhhhhh not my cup of tea. The addon parts look decent but the individual models look a bit...off somehow. Almost Blizzard-esque. Doesn't look like it'd fit in with the official stuff. And those Sisters look positively dreadful.

I might still buy the Tau chick posing with the pulse rifle though. Lore friendly? No. Hilarious? Yes!

• sfPanzer likes this

ztbmByp.png

I EXIST TO BRING PAIN and also tea

The Legion of Vice- Emperor's Children and Friends!

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,517 posts

It is interesting how more realisticly proportioned model seem to look odd for people after 30 years of GW models. I personally love we/gs models. High class detail and unlike  a lot of GW models, the details makes sense and aren't just there to cover flat surface on a model that was not sculpted by a man.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

Squigsquasher

Squigsquasher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 580 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children

I dunno, man. The promotional pics don't give me confidence- the details look either too soft or too "chunky", not to mention there's just too much detail full stop. They make even GW's busiest models look minimialist in comparison. And that's before we get into the disasters that are their female models. Seriously, those balloon boobs make me cringe.

And even if they were sculpted impeccably (which they REALLY aren't) the fact is the aesthetics don't gel with the genuine models. Plenty of 3P companies make good models that still don't fit in with the 40K aesthetic.

Also they didn't even paint the models on the website- they literally just photoshopped an unpainted one. That's just terrible.

• Fenbain and sfPanzer like this

ztbmByp.png

I EXIST TO BRING PAIN and also tea

The Legion of Vice- Emperor's Children and Friends!

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,844 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

It is interesting how more realisticly proportioned model seem to look odd for people after 30 years of GW models. I personally love we/gs models. High class detail and unlike  a lot of GW models, the details makes sense and aren't just there to cover flat surface on a model that was not sculpted by a man.

Except that I'm not even 30 years in the hobby (not even close) and I too think they look odd.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

CrimsonReign

CrimsonReign

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 239 posts
  • Chapter Name: Rapturous Slaughter

i think its safe to say - 

some people don't like them, and won't be buying them

some people like them, and will buy some of their models

if you're in the second camp, the details come through on the casts and I have no complaints outside of lengthy delivery times

Warpmiss

Warpmiss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, Iron Warriors

There were news that Grim Skull / Wargame Exclusive were not doing the not-Typhus miniature at all. There were concerns that it was due to the GW IP pushback that had them redesign the not-Abaddon and not-Chaplain and not market the alternate bonus parts that made the product look like GW's own.
It turns out that the not-Typhus is probably due for the same kind of treatment, not gone completely!brSKIta.png

Are there any news on this? I was really hoping to get this one since I don't like GW's new Typhus...

Call_of_Chaos_10_Banner_00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users