Power weapons

Frostblade

One of the things I have always found frustrating is the severe lack of choice for Ork melee weapons. We're stuck with just the three (barring any relics we get), while marines have all sorts of options. Now I could see for fluff reasons not having the power sword, but I think access to the power axe and maul would make sense.

Does anyone think we'll get access to anything like that whenever a new dex drops?

I'd like to think that the power stabba in the Nobz unit shows that GW is willing to add new weapons to Orkz, considering our options haven't changed since at least the 4th/5th edition codex. The cynic in me says they only did that cause they wanted to make every option in every current kit useable, and they needed something for the harpoon-cybork arm.

If they do expand our weapon options, I'd prefer if they weren't direct 1:1 copies of Imperial weapons. Maybe 1 less AP for 1 additional damage or strength?

I'd be just fine with 1:1 copies. I believe Eldar power swords (because they don't have access to any other power weapons for some reason) are just the same as imperial ones.

I'm of the opinion that every faction save Tyranids and most of the Tau should have access to all of the power weapons.

Aren't Power Swords D6 damage?  If that's what I recall, and we had them I'd pack them on my Nobs. then boos their attacks. 

No, not at all. 1 damage.

I don't think we need to share weedy 'oomie weapons, the big choppa is nasty enough, and as mentioned we now have the option for the power stabba and the buzzsaw on our nob mobs. It'd be nice if we got the option to take these on regular Nobz, or biker ones. Also would be cool to have the option of a Burna for some characters again (used to be able to give it to meks)

Must be something else about them that stuck out to me. what's their AP? 

Power Sword= S:User AP:-3 D:1

Power Axe= S+1 AP:-2 D:1

Power Maul= S+2 AP:-1 D:1

EDIT: I like Big Choppas, a lot. That 2 damage is a monster. But opening Power Stabbas, Killsaws, and Burnas to more units wouldn't hurt.

Edited by toaae