Aebathan - The Wolves of Cthonia

The Wolves of Cthonia

I have recently started the hobby up again for myself after completing a friends army, I am currently in the process of working on a World Eaters company, however I have been inspired to move back to something I have had in the works for a while to progress alongside it. The Sons of Horus. 

I won't plow this thread with any fluff unless people wish for it, I do have a fair bit of background. 

Here is the start.

Captain Khurgan

Khurgan

Brother Vorreddon

Vorreddon

Brother Turor

Turor

Brother Deciax

Deciax

Brother Solax

Solax

Brother Vangar

Vangar

Brother Lykos

Lykos

Brother Addol

Addol

Brother Mortur

Mortur

Brother Vorgall

Vorgall

I have a few squads to make up yet, some Reavers, a SoH command set, Abaddon and Horus to get through. I will be brutally honest, I won't be getting round to painting until I reach the halfway point. So stay tuned for a hefty project. 

looks good, looking forward too seeing more.

how did you come up with the names?

Cheers, working on a Reaver squad at the moment so there will be more coming shortly. Just waiting on Loken so I can make up my chieftain.

The names were a mix of old European, Sumerian, Greek, Byzantine and in universe established names. making a few mix and matches. Cthonian culture comes across to me with a rather brutal sounding naming scheme in some cases and so I try to make it sound like a name a hyper violent clan member would use.

Love the mixed bag look these guys have, great start to a log

Thank you very much, I am always a fan of giving each legionary a visual personality and painting alone for me just does not do that justice.

Edited by Warsmith Kroeger