What has your Emperor's Champion slain?

• 3 weeks later...

• Grey Knight Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight

Emperor's Champion: "You think you serve the Emperor? You do not! Every act you took upon this field was an act of foolishness, doing more harm to the Imperium His Immortal Majesty built, than the daemons themselves! You have no right to call yourself a 'servant of the Emperor'! And you look ridiculous in that baby carrier-like walker."

Yesterday my EC killed, (in one turn) a heretic Sorcerer and the Demon prince who tried to intervene. Using 3 command points to fight again is the best I've spent all year, but then, it's still just January, so I feel that is the bar which must be met.

• 1 month later...

Four GK Interceptors, then one shotted the last Interceptor with his pistol...he was still cleaning witch blood off of his blade. He Heroic Intervened on a Crusader squad, saving the PF armed Sword Brother.

I love this guy...

gallery_15184_7227_50111.jpg

It's also an enormous amount of points.  Things must be real bad at a very specific spot on the table to put all three within reach of each other.

It's funny that you say that. I felt the same way, but have eventually come to the conclusion that you end up losing more by spreading them out vs. keeping them together to leverage each others strengths.

This issue really came to the fore one game where I had the EC on one side of a large building with some crusaders and Grimaldus on the other with some Primaris. When I really needed the re-rolls for an EC charge, Grim was "way over there". Also, Intercessors aren't bad in a charge, but not as good as a Crusader squad, especially boosted by Grim.

Consequently, I now tend to group them together (along with an Apothecary) and just let them rip. It has nothing to do with being desperate, but going back to one of your points, "dominating" the real estate where they are.

I will not deny that you are creating a basket with a lot of eggs in it. I do think that it causes issues to the opponent that they can't ignore, which means they are reacting you to vs. you reacting to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news Brothers! My Emperor's Champion has spilled the blood of many foul Eldar Wytches over the past week. 4 warlocks, 2 farseers, 3 waveserpents, 3 aurtarks (or whatever foul xeno name they possess) and 17 guardians!

He was unfortunately lost after a heroic charge alongside Chaplain Bornemann and Sword-Brother Straussmann and the remainder of his squad.

Chaplain Bornemann, readying the surrounding Knights of Dorn for the charge, cried out "For the Emperor! For Rogal Dorn! For Sigismund and Helbrecht! FOR TERRAAAAAA!"

The men began their thunderous charge at the enemy line. They chopped their way through well over 23 guardians, before reaching the two warlocks and farseers, which the Emperor's Champion challenges and slew. However, the foul Eldar known as Jain Zarr then attacked the Emperor's Champion, using its unnatural wytchcraft to disable the Black Sword. The Emperor's Champion would not cease, beating the foul xenos to the brink of death before succumbing to his wounds. Chaplain Bornemann then finished the job, and was able to recover the relic armour and Black Sword after he and the rest of Squad Straussmann slew the remaining xenos.

The men began their thunderous charge at the enemy line. They chopped their way through well over 23 guardians, before reaching the two warlocks and farseers, which the Emperor's Champion challenges and slew. However, the foul Eldar known as Jain Zarr then attacked the Emperor's Champion, using its unnatural wytchcraft to disable the Black Sword. The Emperor's Champion would not cease, beating the foul xenos to the brink of death before succumbing to his wounds. Chaplain Bornemann then finished the job, and was able to recover the relic armour and Black Sword after he and the rest of Squad Straussmann slew the remaining xenos.

Your description of this fight is just awesome! Well done Brother!

Great news Brothers! My Emperor's Champion has spilled the blood of many foul Eldar Wytches over the past week. 4 warlocks, 2 farseers, 3 waveserpents, 3 aurtarks (or whatever foul xeno name they possess) and 17 guardians!

He was unfortunately lost after a heroic charge alongside Chaplain Bornemann and Sword-Brother Straussmann and the remainder of his squad.

Chaplain Bornemann, readying the surrounding Knights of Dorn for the charge, cried out "For the Emperor! For Rogal Dorn! For Sigismund and Helbrecht! FOR TERRAAAAAA!"

i hope that moment will be written, so it can be read in the eternal crusader.

It's also an enormous amount of points.  Things must be real bad at a very specific spot on the table to put all three within reach of each other.  Or it's just for funsies :teehee:

but i run them often. A lot of Crusaders (more shooty ones) as Meatshields and then  Honor Guards, EC, Grimaldus and Helbrecht and a Castellan to charge the enemies or counter

Thanks Honda!

What do you mean exactly Medjugorje? I'm still kinda new to the forum and to Templars

and english is stll not my mother language^^ - i mean it should  be recroded in the "hall of fames" - and all things that the Black Templar are recording will still happen in the Eternal Crusader - our flagshipl

• 1 month later...

Last game I had the Emperor's Champion intercept a squad of Death Guard terminators, he managed to kill all 3 of them but was left on one wound and then got shot on its way to kill Typhus. Even without any buffs the Emperor's Champion is one nasty unit that can kill pretty much anything if he gets the charge.

Last game I had the Emperor's Champion intercept a squad of Death Guard terminators, he managed to kill all 3 of them but was left on one wound and then got shot on its way to kill Typhus. Even without any buffs the Emperor's Champion is one nasty unit that can kill pretty much anything if he gets the charge.

most things^^

My EC killed a wolfslord yesterday, but he need help from a Castellan and the stratagem to fight again after been slain. But he did his job^^