Start Collecting! Genestealer Cults...thoughts

Oem

With the release of new codices its only matter of time when we get our own Genestealer Cult codex. Since some factions are already getting some love with their release maybe it would be good time for GW to make missing Start Collecting! Genestealer Cult set...

Which units  would you like to see in the set? Do you think, with most of Hq being on one sprue, it is difficult for them to do this? 

I know getting Overkill set is good place to start, but probably not the best for starting players and of course do not contain any of those sweet sweet multipart sets...  Wishfull thinking, maybe some new release to spice up Cults? :wink:

It's most likely gonna be

- a box of Acolytes

- a box of Neophytes

- Goliath

- Acolyte Iconward or some part of the Broodcoven

Would love that - perfect for Necromunda (the Goliath can either be scenery or used if they introduce vehicle rules ^.^)!

Everything you just mentioned has the potential to not die to a stiff breeze. Like I said the Goliath is no more powerful than an Ork Trukk, the price of the kit is not justified in the least.

I should probably speak of what currency I'm referencing.

Goliath is only 35 pounds

Goliath in US dollars is 60

Which doesn't make any sense. 35 pounds is 45 dollars currently with the exchange rate. I want like 10 of the Goliaths but can justify spending 600 on useless units.

Krash

Like I said the Goliath is no more powerful than an Ork Trukk, the price of the kit is not justified in the least.

Goliath is dual kit with Rockgrinder and couple more guns (and newer kit..damn you GW)... but yeah....  even with all of those units in one set, they are extremely squishy...

Also a thought..."Return to the shadows" as strategem..anyone? ;)

Goliath is dual kit with Rockgrinder and couple more guns (and newer kit..damn you GW)... but yeah....  even with all of those units in one set, they are extremely squishy...

Also a thought..."Return to the shadows" as strategem..anyone? :wink:

This and the Goliath kit is really damned amazing. A lot of love went into it. It is one of the few vehicles that appears to be the correct size for the models it can hold as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The extra crewmen are great for ransacking bits to mix up your Neophyte blobs too!

The Cult leaders are all on one sprue so I can't imagine that going in, the Icon Ward is the only candidate at present. Unless they treat us to a new character blister.

Its no secret that some start collecting! boxes are better value for price then others (gaming value of the contents may vary depending on how or why you play this game so such is not being compared in this context.) But, we do know that they generally (except Tau) contain 1 character, 1-2 boxes worth of infantry and 1 vehicle/monstrous creature/chariot and they're all plastic.

On one spectrum you have the astra militarum box whose contents are worth $176AUD individually, and the space marines box whose contents are worth $168AUD. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the mechanicus box's contents are worth $239AUD and the Tau box contains $235AUD worth of minis.

My money's on an acolyte icon ward, a box of neophytes and a Goliath because they fit all the criteria and their price falls between these two price spectrums already seen.

But, GW still works in mysterious ways... we could get a used napkin with a statement about the four armed Emperor worth $140AUD for all we know.

Edited by Malios