Slaanesh base themes

Sume

Looking great! Does that skull box come with skulls for different races or is it only human skulls?

theres an image on the back of the box, with skulls and numbers of them in the box

alternatively, theyre in the image and description of the GW listing for them

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Skulls-2017

Some of them are more WHFB, for example the largest is the Morghast and the lack of horned xenos in 40k means these are less useful but you could call them mutant skulls. Mostly human skulls as you would expect unfortunately but there's a selection of xenos too for some variety so well worth grabbing a box I think :)

Link to the skull box on the site.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Skulls-2017

The one with the horn I used is one of the plague bearer skulls.  I am sure for the beastmen can use them as the new tazgors also.  Like Warriorfish said, mutants also work.  I like the idea of the skulls for this basing project to get a barren wasted look, and death every where.  

• 4 weeks later...

You guys have it all wrong. Slaanesh bases need MOUNTAINS OF COCAINE! Preferably with attractive slaves modeled and snorting it. It is tricky to find the old models for this though:

http://blackmoor.ca/gwdeslaves1.htm

Slaves are so last year. Clowns mate... :D

Ku ku ku YEAH!!

You guys have it all wrong. Slaanesh bases need MOUNTAINS OF COCAINE! Preferably with attractive slaves modeled and snorting it. It is tricky to find the old models for this though:

http://blackmoor.ca/gwdeslaves1.htm

Slaves are so last year. Clowns mate... :biggrin.:

Ku ku ku YEAH!!

Did I just hear Dr Rockzo? No? Must've been my imagination *snorts some more cocaine*

• 2 weeks later...

You could use Hellflayer parts you didn't use for the chariot to suggest battlefield debris.

Perhaps this is not She Who Thirst's first attempt to take this world.

Thats a really good idea.  I think I will use that for some future bases.

Sorry I had no update for a while.  I been recovering from a car accident where the other guy ran a red light so I suffered through a head on collision.  Luckily I was not hurt more then just some minor bruising.   Hopefully I will soon have some more done so I can make a paint thread to help me share the Glories of Slaanesh.

• 5 months later...

Sorry its been a while to get these done and uploaded.  I am liking how this turned out.  Looks like I need to go borrow the digital camera again.  This is a sample of my 50 painted demonettes and a herald I made. 

30724711 937027966466200 2203274667584651264 N

The picture is a wee bit small, but the bases look good (from what I can see :lol:). :thumbsup:

Also, this might sound rude-ish, but man, you seem to have the worst luck with cars. If its the same car in both of those incidents, I think your car is trying to kill you. Tell your heretek to quell that daemon engine. :laugh.:

Warp fire/warp rifts like they're materializing during an incursion has always been something I've wanted to do.

How would you even do something like that? 

Currently I have my bases using a lot of cork... with my chariots having big cracks/rifts in the ground. I am trying to decide whether to make it seem like the earth is crumbling around them from the daemonic presence or have something like that coming out. 

I even have red ruby things I was thinking of having coming out of the earth, like they're corrupting the area with excess so giant gems are sprouting from the earth but it might look silly. 

I'd use your cork, add effects for lava, and flames sprouting up perhaps where they were to have stepped, maybe flame indentions. Instead of painting the flames in reds and yellows, I'd do blues, purples, greens and maybe pinks.

The picture is a wee bit small, but the bases look good (from what I can see :laugh.:). :thumbsup:

Also, this might sound rude-ish, but man, you seem to have the worst luck with cars. If its the same car in both of those incidents, I think your car is trying to kill you. Tell your heretek to quell that daemon engine. :laugh.:

That car was a total loss in October.  I got a new car now.  Much better and safer.  Its just that the minor injuries have proved to be more bother some over all then I initially thought. 

Archived