T'au 8th Ed. Wishlisting

Skaorn

8" move with jsj back.

If they are remiss to retool the markerlight table, make all elite units bs3+ or change the nature of how heavy weapons work-though that would be changing the entire game (make it full bs after moving at half range, or -1 bs for full range, like in 30k).

If they want the riptides to be like bigger broadsides, keep them as is and double their shots.

Seeker missile strategem whose points get reduces depending on how many marker hits you get. Like if you get 5 marker hits only costs 1 command point to drop 2 that auto hit the unit.

Stealth suits and vespids should get double movement if they are moving along a terrain feature that's a solid wall, up to the distance of the terrain feature or double their movement whichever comes first.

I was thinking some more on this topic

Vespid:

--Sting Wing Aura:

-----This aura is a 6" bubble around the squad, it causes -1Leadership to all enemies in the effected range.

-----This Aura additionally reduces the charge distance of models charging Vespid by 1" after the roll if the squad strength is 5+.

----- if there auras overlap, they can stack. however the squad size must be 10+ for the aura to become stackable.

Kroot:

If a kroot squadleader (shaper) takes any of the following mutations it alters the rest of the squad they command.

--Ambull feast:

------This squad of Kroot with the Ambull trait now have +2 W, +1 T, and a 3+ save.

------In addition the option for Pulse blasters becomes an option for the squad.

--Rak'Gul feast:

------THis squad of Kroot with the Rak'Gul trait now have FNP, +2 T, and a 5+ save.

------This squad may take a variety of cybernetic augmentations as listed below.

Addtional limbs: +2", and have +1 A

Cybernetic sensors: May shoot at deepstriking or other similar effects on enemy units appearing within 10" for free

Blades

weapon systems.

--Orkoid feast:

-----------This squad of kroot with the Orkoid trait now have +1 T, and a 5+ save.

-----------Squad is treated similar to a Thousand sons squad on how the size gives the shaper power to do warp abilities.

---smite

---quickening

---shroud

Kroot:

If a kroot squadleader (shaper) takes any of the following mutations it alters the rest of the squad they command.

--Ambull feast:

------This squad of Kroot with the Ambull trait now have +2 W, +1 T, and a 3+ save.

------In addition the option for Pulse blasters becomes an option for the squad.

I would never take anything else to be honest. :D

Kroot with T4 W3 Sv3+ and Pulse Blaster? Yes please, who needs Breacher anymore lol. They'll basically be close range Tyranid Warrior with a better save or close range Marines with more wounds.

Kroot:

--Ambull feast:

I would never take anything else to be honest. :biggrin.:

Kroot with T4 W3 Sv3+ and Pulse Blaster? Yes please, who needs Breacher anymore lol. They'll basically be close range Tyranid Warrior with a better save or close range Marines with more wounds.

---to add/modify Krrot ambul would be either restricted in number or high point cost.

------------------------------------

thought on marker lights...

What if Marker Lights were activated in the "pyskic phase" and the marker lights boosted the upcoming rounds shooting.

---round 1 marker lights activate in pyshic phase and paint targets

----round 2 shooting phase adds the bonus for marker lights from round 1,

marker light bonuses reset  after shooting and you retarget in new pyskic phase in round 2.

---- In addition having 5+ marker lights on a target that is hit with a seeker missle should do 1 mortal wound in addition to damage from the seeker

having 10+ marker lights on a target that is hit with a seeker adds D3 mortal wounds.

Spf panzer, I think this might fix issues with marker lights no?

-----------------------------------------

A new vehicle that has two builds.

1. Drone Carrier:

model can hold and transport 24 drones:

Drone Manufacturing rule: for any drone that would die/be removed from the field that is within 8" of the Drone carrier, on a roll of a 6 that model is not removed, instead place it within 1" of the hull of the Drone Carrier.

-Savior Protocol is granted to the Drones within 4" of the Drone carrier,  (to protect the carrier)

2. Auxillary Tank: - Open top or armored.

Auxillaries may take this tank, if kroot and open top then they may assualy and charge the same turn they disembark

Personally, things I wouldn't want to see are melee units, psychic units or more suits. IMO the first two are part of the Tau flavour that has to be worked around. The latter is already oversaturated. I think we have enough suits now, it's hard to think of a relevant suit role.

I'd like to see Sniper Drones improved and given a new plastic kit, as well as an expansion of the Auxiliary races. A Vespid double-box with Stingwings and some new unit in plastic, some of the more esoteric Kroot units like Vulture, maybe a new race as well. As someone with a Gue'vesa army who ran them as Tau allies in 6th and 7th, I'm pretty bummed out that they're no longer an option to ally. Perhaps they could do a Genestealer Cult thing where you may take one Detachment of Guard for every one of Tau under certain conditions.

As far as rules, rework the Markerlight system, make big suits not terrible at shooting if they move, and give Sniper Drones ATS as standard or something. The movement thing is a general issue with 8th, I feel. A lot of vehicles and big units have Heavy weapons and mediocre BS that means moving makes them rubbish.

Came to my attention that the BUFF-mander is gone.

I wish for new support system for the commander or through a commander drone*

--Support system:

-Danger close

WIth danger close equiped it grants the following:

the commander and any infantry models within 6" are effected by this aura.

Any TAU model may target models  charging the commander and infantry units within 6" and shoot at enemy units during the charge phase, on a roll of  6 they hit.

- Tau Seeker missles fired in this manner hit on a 2+. on a 6 they cause 1 mortal wound.

EX(commander and breacher squad get charged by berserkers, in the charge phase in addition to firing overwatch from the breachers and commander the firewarrior squad not engaged in shoots at the berserkers on rolls of 6 it hits the targets. and the ) then the fight phase continues as normal

basically giving an additional overwatch fire to the tau except for the models being charged. (gotta work on the wording)

- Strike leader

doubles the marker light count for all models targeting marker light targeted models within 6".

allows re-roll of 1's for all strike teams within 6"

ex. bersker has 4 marker lights aimed at him, with strike leader, the commander and squad of firewarriors within 6" when targeting that berserker count hte marker light as having 8 markerlight targeters on it

Danger Close:

An additional Overwatch round would be ridiculous. That would make more sense as a Stratagem than a Support System as well. except the Seeker Missile thing which doesn't make sense. It doesn't have a statline, it just inflicts a Mortal Wound if it hits.

Strike Leader:

Markerlights give re-rolls of 1 to Hit anyway, and doubling Markerlights is silly given the way they work now. Again this also makes more sense as a Stratagem than a Support System.

Have you read the Index? Your propositions sound like a response to hearsay rather than having read the Index to see how the army currently functions, and what it's lacking. It's not lacking for re-roll 1s to Hit or Commanders being weak, that's for sure.

read it when it first came out, will read over again this weekend

just spitballing some stuff right now, was just thinking about how a list of support systems that support specific units/rolls would be neat.

• 1 month later...

Airburst: stats stays as it current is.

Given Electro Warfare rule.

Enemies hit with airburst must subtract 1 when shooting/targeting the next round.

-

Tau Auxillaries

- Cythor Fiends

- kinebranch (surviving shock troops of the interex)

- The Huge bat like species that using biologecial tech to modify themselves.

I'd be fine with that Airburst version I guess. More of an utility weapon instead of aiming for pure damage output. I'd use it for a Crisis third hardpoint (with the current weapons most likely in combination of double CIB or double Flamer).

With the Forgeworld Technical Drones we do have repair Drones for Battlesuits. ;)

However the reason why they aren't a part of our core army is probably because T'au don't fight like the Imperium or Eldar. Our vehicles and suits aren't super rare and holy items that can't get re-produced as easily so we don't have to bring our mechanics to the battlefield. We can just focus on winning the engagement and repair/re-build things afterwards.

It's not very practical to bring your mechanics to the battlefield to do some tinkering on your high-tech stuff anyway. ;)

now that everyone saw how eldar look like this is what tau players can hope for. Point cost drops. Super slim chance of stat change, and if it does happen I would rather expect droping then stuff being rised. JSJ back in form of a 1CP strata. the strike from the shadow thing[aka alaiton/RG/AL/etc] as one sept, the blargh we go melee[without good melee units] being the thing given to another.

The cmd is probably going to cost more, he probably is going to have lower Bs. relics for all the stuff that never gets used. better AP rifle for the foot rifle dude, some sharp stick for the etheral. special targeting matrix for a cmd to get tanks near him re-roll ones to hit etc Mr long john himself cost more, but hammerheads cost less[not all veersions]. Turrets for firewarrior squads cost more. devilfish cost less. Kroot hounds have a crazy cost no one understands. sniper kroots cost less, are still bad. Everything else stays the same. Whole army gimmik is about being within 12-18" of enemy army and tabling them. If that does not happen, tau lose.

People keep praying for weapons that lower opponents speed or are fly and very resilient to become buffors for the whole army.

Stealth suits with the additional -1to be hit, are actually ok. As long as someone doesn't try to use melta guns[i know it is fusion] guns on them.

now that everyone saw how eldar look like this is what tau players can hope for. Point cost drops. Super slim chance of stat change, and if it does happen I would rather expect droping then stuff being rised. JSJ back in form of a 1CP strata. the strike from the shadow thing[aka alaiton/RG/AL/etc] as one sept, the blargh we go melee[without good melee units] being the thing given to another.

The cmd is probably going to cost more, he probably is going to have lower Bs. relics for all the stuff that never gets used. better AP rifle for the foot rifle dude, some sharp stick for the etheral. special targeting matrix for a cmd to get tanks near him re-roll ones to hit etc Mr long john himself cost more, but hammerheads cost less[not all veersions]. Turrets for firewarrior squads cost more. devilfish cost less. Kroot hounds have a crazy cost no one understands. sniper kroots cost less, are still bad. Everything else stays the same. Whole army gimmik is about being within 12-18" of enemy army and tabling them. If that does not happen, tau lose.

People keep praying for weapons that lower opponents speed or are fly and very resilient to become buffors for the whole army.

Stealth suits with the additional -1to be hit, are actually ok. As long as someone doesn't try to use melta guns[i know it is fusion] guns on them.

I guess you rarely look at the T'au rules.

Just to name a few things: Ethereals already have sharp sticks, DS8 turrets are meh, Sniper Kroot don't exist anymore, and more things.

I'm not even going to state what I think about your predictions.

well we can just wait and see. And how do sniper kroots don't exist, the gun option is still in the index? Or was there some faq to turn those in to some sort of melee weapon?

The gun option isn't in the Index. They don't have Sniper ammunition anymore. All they have are Boltguns that gives +1S in melee.

I'd like to see an upgrade kit for Gue'vesa Guard... heck ex guardsmen...they're BS skill would probably be better than the Tau' anyway :tongue.: ...:laugh.: have em as Elite units :teehee: 

I do hope Markerlights get a change in the dex or a rise in standard Ballistic Skill in general... I really do want to do a Tau army when the dex comes out but I so like doing a balance of troops and a good mix of other stuff, I don't want the new dex to be one of those "Only take these units to win, everything else is Crap" ...

what is the guestimated/expected date for Tau anyways?...

Mithril  

I'd like to see an upgrade kit for Gue'vesa Guard... heck ex guardsmen...they're BS skill would probably be better than the Tau' anyway :tongue.: ...:laugh.: have em as Elite units :teehee:

I do hope Markerlights get a change in the dex or a rise in standard Ballistic Skill in general... I really do want to do a Tau army when the dex comes out but I so like doing a balance of troops and a good mix of other stuff, I don't want the new dex to be one of those "Only take these units to win, everything else is Crap" ...

what is the guestimated/expected date for Tau anyways?...

Mithril  

Last thing we heard was early march but without any credible source.

A friend of mine was bragging yesterday how few models he could have in his Death Guard list and was giving an example with his HQ, 3 Deathshroud and 5 Blightlords. He was pretty surprised when I told him that a Commander, 3 Crisis and a Broadside, all without Drones, cost about as much as his guys. Really can't wait for point adjustements lol

Lots of good suggestions here. I'd like to see the Demiurg with some support ships and Kroot getting a buff in combat against units the have caused kills on. IE, if a kroot squad killed a space marine within 6" of a shaper then for the rest of the battle all kroot within 6" of a shaper get +1 to hit and wound space marines. But they would need a shaper which should be an elite choice.

I would also like to see better flyers and a general points cost reduction across the board.

I'd hate to see that. Possibly the most unfluffy thing possible. Only making them psyker would make that suggestion worse. Leave the melee for auxilliary races. T'au have their reasons for not doing melee and it's an important part of their fluff and their factions identity.

Melee suits. I don't care if they even makes rules or models hell just art. I just want to see units of Crisis suits cleaving ranks of infantry with fusions blades.

Krash

Rules for fusion blades as wargear would be your best bet. If it's not a signature system anymore, you could equip a couple of crisis suits with it as bodyguards for Commander Farsight...and now you've got yourself a brawling melee unit!

Archived