T'au 8th Ed. Wishlisting

Skaorn

Instead of melee suits, Give an option for suits to take the Graviton Drone, or maybe a Gravitron Support system that pushes/reduces charge distances towards the suit.

or do something like this with that support system. both you and your opponent roll a charge roll. Tau only rolls a D6. If the Tau roll beats the charging roll you may move your suit out of melee.

Tau shouldnt have melee, they should either have Danger close support systems or disengage and reengage.

I'd bet money that the Fusion Blade will come back as Relic and replaces either one or two Fusion Blaster on the Suit. ^^

How would that work for say The Eight from the Farsight Enclave? Almost each one has a relic/sig system but there is no reasonable to burn CPs to get more than 4+ relics in your army...?

I'd bet money that the Fusion Blade will come back as Relic and replaces either one or two Fusion Blaster on the Suit. ^^

How would that work for say The Eight from the Farsight Enclave? Almost each one has a relic/sig system but there is no reasonable to burn CPs to get more than 4+ relics in your army...?

Special characters are obviously special and have such things as fix wargear on their datasheet lol

I would adore having a melee riptide, so much so I built a few ages ago with Gundam weapons: wAVdXbN.jpg

Itll never happen though unfortunately, as cool as it would be for a Riptide to smash the ever-loving hell out of a Knight.

I would adore having a melee riptide, so much so I built a few ages ago with Gundam weapons

Hey, maybe they'll make the onager gauntlet a relic?   I'm right there with you man, I'd love to see ridiculous stuff on the level of armored core 5's "overed weapons" strapped on an experimental battlesuit.

As for personal wishlisting:

weapon packs for things like cyclic ions for battle suits and commanders

A forgeworld data slate for a commander in an XV9 hazard suit (because I don't necessarily want to take a named character like shaso ralai every single game)

A couple interesting relics like experimental guns to spice it up?  I'm tired of seeing fusion commanders all the time.

Septs getting unique rules ala chapter tactics, craftworlds, etc.  Especially if it encourages thematic list building. (

Septs getting unique rules ala chapter tactics, craftworlds, etc.  Especially if it encourages thematic list building. (

Not much of a wishilisting. That much is a given. :D

Jump shoot jump back. Battlesuits all being bs3+ (stealth, crisis, hazard, broadside, riptide/varients, ghostkeel/varients) NOT the storm surge though, as that isn't a battlesuit and is from a different element of the cadre (elite hammerhead pilots if I'm not mistaken?)

Kroot sniper rounds back would be swell too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you know sfpanzer I think I really want the Tau to get a new Tank. and tank build options.

devil fish
build options:

- Transport

- Hammerhead

- Skyray

- Drone harbinger ( miniaturized drone factory for repair and building of gun drones) ( sell as a 12-20$ upgrade kit)

DevilCrest

- can take iridium plating

larger tank (Devil fish variant 2.0 high cost to show limited production capabilities, supposed to replace the devil fish 1.0 eventually)

- Transport

build options

A--Stealth (equiped with the stealth drones from the ghostkeel)

B--Barrier wall (has new large barrier wall shield drones) designed for urban and cqc fighting, also used to integrate into the tide wall network

------Drones can detach and create "walls" to close off doorways and streets allowing troops to more easily secure areas(drones are always "twinlinked" if one drone dies it becomes a multi wound shield drone, until another barrier drone is within 6" or it is within 6" of a tidewall

- Gun ship variant

build options

A-- Pulse Cannon ( a tuned down version of the cannon on the Stormsurge)

------Integrated into the hull like the stormwolf and masseffect ships

B-- seeker/cruise missle mini factory

------can produce d3 seeker missles a turn (mortal wound thrower)

--- Nexus missile systems

Yeah a new tank would be nice. I don't really like the Devilfish chasis for battletanks. :P

I like your Barrier wall Devilfish. Sounds fun to use and very thematic.

The Seeker missile mini factory however is more something I'd like to see for Skyrays to make them viable again.

Yeah, I think we're good for Battlesuits now. I'd like to see a new, sleeker chassis for tanks. The Devilfish kit is starting to show its age, so perhaps the new kit would be replacements for it.

I think I'd like to see some sort of missile gunship, e.g. with Velocity Tracker and two HYMPs to make a Hydra equivalent. I'd also like to see support upgrades for the Fish, things like mounting Guardian Drones so it gives protection to nearby Infantry once they disembark. Also a "Razorback" style option for a Fish with lower transport capacity but a main weapon on the turret. Something lighter than the Hammerhead weapons but still useful.

I think I'd like to see some sort of missile gunship, e.g. with Velocity Tracker and two HYMPs to make a Hydra equivalent. I'd also like to see support upgrades for the Fish, things like mounting Guardian Drones so it gives protection to nearby Infantry once they disembark. Also a "Razorback" style option for a Fish with lower transport capacity but a main weapon on the turret. Something lighter than the Hammerhead weapons but still useful.

That should be easily done considering the FW Hammerhead has the option of 2xHYMP. ^^

Recon Drones being able to shoot when embarked on a Devilfish would be another thing I'd like to see.

That should be easily done considering the FW Hammerhead has the option of 2xHYMP. ^^

Recon Drones being able to shoot when embarked on a Devilfish would be another thing I'd like to see.

can Recon drones take a support systeM? random thought i had

can Recon drones take a support systeM? random thought i had

Nah no Drone can take Support Systems. The Recon Drone basically is a support system tho since it lets the Devilfish ignore cover. 

The entire T'au line looks beautiful! No idea what you guys are chatting about here. I love it all! Just wish they would move some of the models that are resin/metal over to the plastic line. It is really my main gripe with GW is their in-ability to update entire lines to plastic. It has prevented me from starting a lot of armies.

I agree with sfPanzer about the melee options for T'au. They need to keep it to the Aux races. Kroot need a buff so they can act like a tarpit as they should. Something similar to conscripts would be nice. They should regenerate wounds/models on a 4+ when ever they kill a enemy model as well. I also wouldn't mind an expansion here to allow for Kroot HQ to run an entire Kroot army. That would be awesome!

@spfpanzer

I have an idea about aesthetics, If i find time I think I'll render out the stormsurge torsoe and alter it. as I think stretching it can make a hull of a tank, and it would look phenomenal imho.

@aothaine.

were not saying the line looks bad, just that the Tau have enough suits, what they need now to make sure they dont fully devolve into a suits army is tanks, infantry stuff.

and while the devil fish is great, an upgrade kit for it that improves the looks/provides different updated atheistic would be great

On one hand, I like that T'au are 'reasonable' ranged fighters and I feel they shouldn't do melee. On the other hand, I kill far too many Cerberus troopers with my FemShep's omniblade when I could just blow their head up from afar with a fully-upgraded Carnifex heavy pistol...

So, I'll dig out my wishlist out of its grave, update it and the finally translate it, since it was done for a T'au forum in my own language.

Models:

• a modular (as in, not monopose or quasi-monopose like those accursed Intercessors and Hellblasters) plastic box for an XV-22 stealth suit, preferably with the ability to make either Commander Shadowsun (or whoever's replacing her if she's croaked since Warzone: Damocles) or a custom commander like those good old chaps from Dark Crusade and Soulstorm.
  • plastic kit for sniper drones and their marksman
  • Forge World's tetra in plastic

Rules:

• assuming that's not been fixed in the Index, the ability to field up to twelve fire warriors in a breacher team instead of capping inexplicably at ten
  • make the rules for the sniper drones and their marksman actually worthwhile, since my understanding from said French forum is that they're, ah, usefully-challenged right now.

As much as I spam Kroot carnivores, hounds and great knarlocs in Dawn of War, I'm not actually interested in the T'au's slave races.

Esteemed allies.

I mean esteemed allies. :ph34r.:

• 2 weeks later...

Wishlist for the codex/2018 Tau figures.

Auxiliary forces. Give us updated little fluff (and some art) on more races in the T'au empire. Give me more reasons to get that lizardmen conversion going!

More vehicles would be splendid. A revamp of the Kroot and Vespid line... 

I want more Auxiliary Race love. Bring back Kroot Knarloc Riders and Great Knarlocs, But in plastic and in the codex, Give us new Vespid models, New Vespid units, Tarellian Dog Soldiers, Gue'vesa and other Tau Auxiliary Races! The Tau have a large empire consistant of like 20+ races, Show some more of them in the game!

Archived