Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

T'au 8th Ed. Wishlisting

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

as much as I dont want this, If Tau are to get a Primarch tier character...

I expect the Tau to get an "Avatar of Puretide"

with the puretide engrams that were put into a ton of his disciples heads, I expect one to live and believe that they are puretide.

-------

I'd like a build your own COmmander build*****

1. Select your Model equip it with rules

in base form he is a Cadre fireblade, with access to addtional drones/weapons.

2. Select the armor type:

- COmbat armor

- Stealth Xv25

- Ghost keel

- crisis commander

- Devil fish

- riptide

3. Select load outs, special accomodations**

- can take a weapon system from another suit at a cost

- Take up addtional hardpoints based on the size/cost

4. specialized integrated system options to boost either the hero character or become a buffmander

-

Edited by Triszin, 11 January 2018 - 04:17 PM.

banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,717 posts
  • Chapter Name: Knights of Baal

Inb4 our Primarch tier character is Farsight, Shadowsun and Kais going all megazord on us. teehee.gif

But nah I don't expect any primarch tier character for us. I do however would like to see Kais with an absurd amount of weapons going all ham on our opponents lol

• Triszin likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

Inb4 our Primarch tier character is Farsight, Shadowsun and Kais going all megazord on us. teehee.gif

But nah I don't expect any primarch tier character for us. I do however would like to see Kais with an absurd amount of weapons going all ham on our opponents lol

actually, I keep forgettign about Kais, would be a nice touch to have him be the commander of the 4th expansion sphere then bring him in as a veteran tau that specializes in fighting deamons/unrealities.

edit----

I actually think Kais would come back in a heavily modified Ghostkeel that couldnt go stealth, but was altered in a weapons platform, with gun drones!

he just likes more and more weapons

Edited by Triszin, 11 January 2018 - 04:34 PM.

banana

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,356 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

Honestly, with grey knights getting a HQ grandmaster in nemesis dreadnought in their codex release it wouldn't surprise me at all if GW threw Tau a bone and set it up for commmanders in ghostkeels and/or riptides.   I just wish they would come with unique wargear options for that option.   All bets are off for this edition, and it simultaneously thrills and terrifies me as a new tau player, haha.

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png 35499214321_eaf52ccf5f_o.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,717 posts

A Commander in Ghostkeel would be frigging awesome considering my T'au Cadre is designed around scout&recon with lots of Stealth Suits and Pathfinder. tongue.png

Even without unique Wargear options, a BS2+ Ghostkeel with more than those crappy 10 wounds sounds reeeeally good to me.

Edited by sfPanzer, 12 January 2018 - 03:49 PM.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

Some random thoughts I just had on Marker lights:

Marker lights Generate Marker Light points.

- If your army has 10 marker lights, it generates 10 Marker light points each turn.

- Marker light points can be banked

EX.)

In round one you generate 10 marker light points, you use 4 marker light points and save the rest.

In round two you generate 10 marker light points, so now you have 16.

- If a marker light model is destroyed, you no longer generate points from that model.

Marker light spending:

You can spend your marker light points to do various things, some marker light abilities can be activated out of turn, not unlike Command points.

Cost 2: Reroll hit rolls of 1 for Tau empire models attack this unit

Cost 2: Destroyer and seeker missles fired by this unit may use it's BS instead of the BS on the missles.

Cost 4: Tau empire models attacking this unit do not take negative to hit modifiers when moving and firing heavy weapons or advancing and firing its assault.

Cost 4: Target does not gain bonuses to hit from being in cover

Cost 4: This Tau empire unit may JSJ this turn. (must have a jet pack)

Cost 6: add 1 to the to hit rolls for all Tau empire models attacking this unit

Cost 8: Selected Tau infantry  unit may add 10" to there weapons range for this shooting phase. (path finders, Sniper drones, Strike teams only)

Cost 10: Selected tau unit being charge may fall back D6 inches

Cost 14: Destroyer and seeker missiles roll an additional D3 mortal wound damage

Cost 20: Place D6 destroyed gun drones on the field in the deployment zone.*

*: this may be done during your opponents turn, (can add ablative wounds to your tau empire models for a chance to have your unit/hero survive another turn)

Edited by Triszin, 12 January 2018 - 03:45 PM.

banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,717 posts

I don't think Markerlights will work like that or else they would've been changed to something similar in the Index already.

Disclaimer:

CoffeeGrunt

CoffeeGrunt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,339 posts
  • Chapter Name: 4th Tarosian/Hades Hive Hyenas
I buy ten Pathfinders and hide them behind a wall all game to farm points. My opponent has no way of shooting at them.

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

Rules for the inquistor that joined the tau and now pilots a crisis suit.

banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,717 posts

That would definitely be a nice special character...however shouldn't he be dead by now? I mean like most special characters apart from FSE and his more or less immortal/dead friends lol

Disclaimer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users