T'au 8th Ed. Wishlisting

Skaorn

as much as I dont want this, If Tau are to get a Primarch tier character...

I expect the Tau to get an "Avatar of Puretide"

with the puretide engrams that were put into a ton of his disciples heads, I expect one to live and believe that they are puretide.

-------

I'd like a build your own COmmander build*****

1. Select your Model equip it with rules

in base form he is a Cadre fireblade, with access to addtional drones/weapons.

2. Select the armor type:

- COmbat armor

- Stealth Xv25

- Ghost keel

- crisis commander

- Devil fish

- riptide

3. Select load outs, special accomodations**

- can take a weapon system from another suit at a cost

- Take up addtional hardpoints based on the size/cost

4. specialized integrated system options to boost either the hero character or become a buffmander

-

Inb4 our Primarch tier character is Farsight, Shadowsun and Kais going all megazord on us. :teehee:

But nah I don't expect any primarch tier character for us. I do however would like to see Kais with an absurd amount of weapons going all ham on our opponents lol

Inb4 our Primarch tier character is Farsight, Shadowsun and Kais going all megazord on us. :teehee:

But nah I don't expect any primarch tier character for us. I do however would like to see Kais with an absurd amount of weapons going all ham on our opponents lol

actually, I keep forgettign about Kais, would be a nice touch to have him be the commander of the 4th expansion sphere then bring him in as a veteran tau that specializes in fighting deamons/unrealities.

edit----

I actually think Kais would come back in a heavily modified Ghostkeel that couldnt go stealth, but was altered in a weapons platform, with gun drones!

he just likes more and more weapons

Honestly, with grey knights getting a HQ grandmaster in nemesis dreadnought in their codex release it wouldn't surprise me at all if GW threw Tau a bone and set it up for commmanders in ghostkeels and/or riptides.   I just wish they would come with unique wargear options for that option.   All bets are off for this edition, and it simultaneously thrills and terrifies me as a new tau player, haha.

A Commander in Ghostkeel would be frigging awesome considering my T'au Cadre is designed around scout&recon with lots of Stealth Suits and Pathfinder. :tongue.:

Even without unique Wargear options, a BS2+ Ghostkeel with more than those crappy 10 wounds sounds reeeeally good to me.

Some random thoughts I just had on Marker lights:

Marker lights Generate Marker Light points.

- If your army has 10 marker lights, it generates 10 Marker light points each turn.

- Marker light points can be banked

EX.)

In round one you generate 10 marker light points, you use 4 marker light points and save the rest.

In round two you generate 10 marker light points, so now you have 16.

- If a marker light model is destroyed, you no longer generate points from that model.

Marker light spending:

You can spend your marker light points to do various things, some marker light abilities can be activated out of turn, not unlike Command points.

Cost 2: Reroll hit rolls of 1 for Tau empire models attack this unit

Cost 2: Destroyer and seeker missles fired by this unit may use it's BS instead of the BS on the missles.

Cost 4: Tau empire models attacking this unit do not take negative to hit modifiers when moving and firing heavy weapons or advancing and firing its assault.

Cost 4: Target does not gain bonuses to hit from being in cover

Cost 4: This Tau empire unit may JSJ this turn. (must have a jet pack)

Cost 6: add 1 to the to hit rolls for all Tau empire models attacking this unit

Cost 8: Selected Tau infantry  unit may add 10" to there weapons range for this shooting phase. (path finders, Sniper drones, Strike teams only)

Cost 10: Selected tau unit being charge may fall back D6 inches

Cost 14: Destroyer and seeker missiles roll an additional D3 mortal wound damage

Cost 20: Place D6 destroyed gun drones on the field in the deployment zone.*

*: this may be done during your opponents turn, (can add ablative wounds to your tau empire models for a chance to have your unit/hero survive another turn)

That would definitely be a nice special character...however shouldn't he be dead by now? I mean like most special characters apart from FSE and his more or less immortal/dead friends lol

A couple properly already listed;

Master Shaper whom gives hit Rerolls to regular Shaper Wound

Kroot Rifle to become a Chainsword again (granting extra close)

Kroot getting some kind of way to mitigate morale issues beside Ethreal or Shaper getting lucky

after thinking about xv25's kit

I came to this conclusion.

A new plastic kit is require, a Dual kit.

THe kit can make 3 Combat armor fire warrior veterans, or 3 stealth suits.

with this image as the primary reference for the new xv25 kits

t4VLKbr.jpg

Legs: Xv25 legs

Torso:

- Base torsoe:

-- Combat armor torso from cadre fireblade

Heads:

- Unarmored heads

- Armored Combat armor helmets

- Stealth suit canopy head.

---Canopy head now has a flange depicted in the above picture, it flares over the shoulder pad ridges, and they actually insert beneath the helmet.

---The canopy on the torso is flatter allowing greater modeling and able to have a stealth suit hold the same weapon in both hands.

Arms:

- a mixture of combat armor and xv25, with finger attachments like the crisis suits.

jumppack: attaches to the combat armor

weapons:

Pulse burst cannon

Fusion blaster

cyclic Ion rifle

rail rifle

Plus there's not much commonality of parts there. May as well create an entirely new kit.

actually if you look at the under carriage, it seems to have the similar locking bolts, 2 on the front. I wonder if combar armor is just the updated design.

I'm going to see how it looks when I get my parts in.

I kind of want to convert my stealth suits to having their burst cannons be upsized pulse carbines.

That's mostly my Armor fanboy coming out though. Deep striking near Tyranids going "ANTS ANTS ANTS ANTS"

I saw an interesting Idea for the Commanders, Have most of there support systems gain auras and benefit Tau empire models within a 6" bubble.

This would get people to start taking support systems on commanders instead of running 4 fusions.

But I really hope we just dont get commanders nerfed, I'd rather see the issues of the army being addressed, which would make the commander spam issue go away

Yeah so basically the buffmander of old just that this time he would buff more than just the unit he joined. I approve of such a loadout option. Beats having only really one role for him (shooty beatstick) any day.

I want to have the choice whether I want my Commander to be someone who does the job himself or leads the army. Variety is what makes Crisis Suits great after all.

Yeah so basically the buffmander of old just that this time he would buff more than just the unit he joined. I approve of such a loadout option. Beats having only really one role for him (shooty beatstick) any day.

I want to have the choice whether I want my Commander to be someone who does the job himself or leads the army. Variety is what makes Crisis Suits great after all.

WOuld be interesting,

- have a tau commander take "Stim injector twice"

-- now stim injector is a 6" aura, where the commander is also a battlefield medic

Yeah already seen. Just a recolour of the old one. Tho to be fair I wasn't expecting the recolour. Looks better than the desert camo they use for their T'au Sept colour scheme.

@sfPanzer

is there anything in the lore about Suits having Tailor made A.I.'s for specific usages that give different benefits?

would be neat if: tau got something akin to pilots/titans from titanfall.

- A pilot can disembark and have  a unique load out (fireblade with custom load out)

- when disembark teh titans WS-BS, other stats are lowered.

- you can equip specifc A.I.'s tot he suits for benefits (while not moving get +1 to BS(BS5 with a pilot, BS4 without, comapred to the standard BS3 withotu a pilot)

-A.I.'s that boost specific weapon systems,

---Scorch AI: Flame weapons get +2" range, + (-1ap)

---Pulse AI: burst get +1 rapid fire.

and so on

Archived