Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

T'au 8th Ed. Wishlisting

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Marshal van Trapp

Marshal van Trapp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 692 posts
  • Faction: B.Templars G.Knights
Just because you can doesn't mean you have to. You could technically make an almost all auxiliary army just no hqs, really I just want something battlesuit wise for my fast attack slots. I hate using drones on their own and I'd love to see a fast suit that's not a FW exclusive. The suggestion of stealth as troops was more a hope to be able to make stealth focused cadres since the only stealthy units we have are all stuck in the elite or fast attack sections (unless you count kroot but they are not tau) if breachers got more stealthy (better cover benefits or forward deployment/movement) I would also be satisfied, I just want to be able to make my stealth focused cadre more viable without having to sacrifice a bunch of CP (also really hoping those rumors of gaining cover benefits when not moving tenant is better than it seems so I can justify using it)

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,218 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Well my Cadre is all about stealth&recon as well and I'm perfectly satisfied with those units just being in the Elite and Fast Attack sections. If I want Troops for whatever reason I'll just have to accept that it'll be a non-stealthy aspect of the force I'm bringing to the table that day. Usually it's a bunch of Kroot.

A 100% stealth themed army isn't a particularly optimised way to play T'au anyway so I don't really understand your point. That's as if a BA player is saying he wants Jump Pack units in every section or a White Scars player saying he wants Bike units in every section. Themed armies never follow the standard deployment style of armies. That's what it means to play a themed army. So it would be weird to have such options for every section.

tl;dr

Building a narrowly themed army means to commit to something and to accept that there are plenty things one can't have. Especially in an army like the T'au Empire which is designed around a more all-comers approach like the Astra Militarum etc.

Let's be thankful for having at least two Stealthy suits, Pathfinder, Remora Drones and,if one isn't a T'au purist, Kroot as well. ;)

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

Marshal van Trapp

Marshal van Trapp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 692 posts
  • Faction: B.Templars G.Knights
True, although in previous editions a BA player could have an entire jump pack army as could a white scar player have an all bike army, and I guess the way they made that work this edition is with detachments, and actually after seeing the new Bork'an rules I might make a mixed stealth/super long range army, So anything stealthy can be stealthy while everything else sits back and snipes which is in and of itself a kind of stealth (cant hit something that outraged you!)

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,218 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
Good point. I can certainly see Bork'an Sept Strike Teams, potentially with an additional Pulse Accelerator Drone, work thematically in such an army.
If you want to go one step further you could even add a Fireblade so they have 3 shots at 21“ range. :D

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users