Justifying mixed daemons

mmimzie

So i wanna do a mixed daemons army. I think we've had rumors of a daemons codex, but i don think we have anything confirmed??? i know they said they wanted to focus chaos and imperium this year??? 

Anywho, in making my mixed daemons every slot is at a premimum so trying to figure out what iwant to bring. I also think summoning can be a reasonable course of action for making the best of all aspects of chaos.  

As such i wanna know what would your bring???

The core:

2x 30 plague bearers vs 6(or more)x 10 brims: The plague bearers are fewer drops, and about as tough as brims. Big benefit of the plague bearers is they can threaten things by charging and getting buffed with a herald to protect space for summoning. The brims are definitely abit tougher and have smaller bases so the pack in tighter, and are less unwieldy, but many more have to brough. These are important for hiding characters that will be summoning your army.

Herald:

best summoners as they are cheap buffers who can also cast smite (if not khorne). They can summon other heralds to shift into smite spam for match ups where that's worth doing. 

Bloodletters: are just better than daemonettes in all cases. It's alittle dishearting actualy <.< and my desire to be fully mixed daemons is threated by how juicey blood letters are. They out damage daemonettes against everything when they get the charge. That said daemonettes get back in the game when they get charged <.< but unless your facing an enemy all melee army they'll just try to shoot you as best they can right??? instead of charge and get shredded.  Either way both lesser daemons can get banners making them nice summoned units only needing an 8" charge roll. 

Summoned brims: Summoned brims make a very cheap objective grabber, that can be chucked on an objective. 

Nurglings:
seem good and can do a good area denial for turn 1 deep striking and enemy summoning. If you go first they can turn off shooting for a few enemy units, but if you go second they are first blood??

Exalted flamers:

really nice because they can be summoned and shoot ( count as having moved), but they are also characters and can be protected by the core blobs. Thier damage output is low, but all shooting units put out pretty low damage compared to melee stuff, and the range lets you post past bubble wraps. Really each is slightly better than a als cannon when you really look at it. 

Seekers: i wanna bring them maybe only because i wanna get some slannesh in the army to keep it all 4. They seem okay as a nice shooting denial units by charging stuff, but will they servive over watch??? alittle maybe. Either way they have a decent enough turn 1 charge change.  

Herald of Seeker chariot: it's a herald letting you get another smite or -1 to hit power. It's decently strong in combat, and could make a great late game. These can also do the job of modern transports and eat over watch for your charging units.  Again can hide in your core because it's a character.  This late game objective role seems like it might be done better with summoned brims??? but i'm unsure. 

Maelific talons prince: he's pretty cutty, not as cutter as a blood letter ball, but tough enough. Khorne seems really nice??? Tzeentch or nurgle to take the role of the seeker chariot herald above as over watch eaters. Can also hide in the ball thanks to FAQ

Fiend of slanesh: (again special slannesh considerations here <.<) This seems great providing an aoe -1 psyker is the exact sort of thing you want to have 1 or 2 of in your summoning tool back incase you go against great knight or other smite spammers. 

Units i've personaly ignored, but maybe you can help me see the light:

All the great daemons: These guys while awesome aren't safe. They take away from your nurgle/tzeentch core as they want to defend your characters, and these guys are too big to hide.  Unclean one is slow, blood thirsters and lord of charge are nasty, but expensive bullet spondges.

Beast of nurgle & juggernaught: why isn';t the beast just a character??? Juggernaughts just dont compare to the blood letters???

Anywho feel free to yell at me if anything seems off or if you have some cool idea!!