+++BCK's Character Conversion Challenge: Prizes!+++

I, BCK, pledge to convert Phoenix Lord Karandras for Craftworld Eldar/Ynnari in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 1st 2017. As the event runner, I will not be eligible for judgment at the end of the challenge. 

All the parts I'm using are generic dark eldar plastics so far so none of the part percentage requirements count for my conversion. Here's the current status of him. 

9kcOJr3.png

After looking at it for a while, I don't like the left arm and it will be replaced with something else but not sure what yet. The right arm will not be left bare and will be covered in armor eventually. 

I, Aasfresser pledge to convert Lord Arkos, the Faithless for the Chaos Space Marines/Alpha Legion in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

All the parts I'm using are generic Space Marine and CSM parts, except the old GW Alpha Legion shoulder pad.

med_gallery_76164_11915_141035.jpg

Still a mess on that picture because I can't decide which body, combi-melta or helmet to use. Also some bitz are still on ebay.

I, Brother Aiwass pledge to convert Huron Blackheart for the Dragon Warriors in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

I'll be using this lad as a base.

gallery_33122_12635_389054.jpg

I have still to decide on the arms, torso and such details, but this is my pledge.

Edit: Formating.

Edited by Brother Aiwass

I, Marius Perdo, pledge to convert Vaylund Cal - Iron Thane of Atropos War Clan - High Artificer of the Sons of Medusa - Scion of Moirae, for Adeptus Astartes - Space Marines/Imperial Armour - Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

gallery_27755_12410_131324.jpg

Along the way for some love :smile.:

The initial tac mess to see if I was on to something.

gallery_27755_12410_169556.jpg

Note for shoulder pads I'll probably use the vehicle sprue gunner ones, as Vaylund is not a terminator, just on a 40mm base according to the Badab War books from FW. Still pondering the iron Halo (as in what bit to use, maybe a sort of cog crest from the Skitarii). Obviously lots will be cut back (right side for a start, and the plasma cutter) to make him a bit more compact an less spindly as I want it to be about him being way too cybernetic and bulky, not his servo-harness. I might give him a clawed toe foot. Whilst the legs are more bionic from behind I might add spare pistons etc.

I'll use Grandt Line Hex Bolts on various plastic bits to up the steam-mech, and obviously I'll de-Deathwatch the heavy thunder hammer and do as yet undecided things to make it the Medusan Hammer.

However, basically pleased and I think it will work.

Edited by Marius Perdo

med_gallery_82073_13679_444852.jpeg

I, rgr_maddog, pledge to convert a Rune Priest in Runic TDA with combi-plasma, Runic sword, & psychic hood for the Space Wolves in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

Stock TDA not pictured, but I'll be using the Inseptor assault bolter, scout plasma pistol, and Reiver heavy bolt pistol for the combi-plasma. I might pick up a Primaris Librarian for his sword, but could use the Iieutenants pictured. Bunch of other bits that may or may not make it in the final model.

Found some bits to update my vow:

med_gallery_33122_12635_915226.jpg

med_gallery_33122_12635_376426.jpg
And here is a mock up:

med_gallery_33122_12635_1261940.jpg
Not sure if I'll keep the axe or go with a DV chosen one. And have yet to decide on the Tyrant's Claw bit.

EDIT

Idk why this mess of a post happened (phoneposting). Will fix it when I'm at home. Fixed :P

Edited by Brother Aiwass

Body narrowed for right arm, test shoulder pads on, bionic arm re-position test, and bionic foot test (based on a centurion foot) for the right foot (I will be adding more to that).

Next steps will be a body/legs rod and bionic arm rod for ease of rotation for positioning, magnetise arms for ease of removal for painting, and magnetise the servo-harness for ease of removal for transport and painting. Not that i will paint this anytime soon :smile.:

gallery_27755_12410_60696.jpg

Edited by Marius Perdo

I, MikhalLeNoir pledge to convert the last remnant of a Legion long gone, the Nemean Reaver for the Blackshields in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

Here is a pic of my starting bits. I totally forgot to take a photo and already saw'd my way through the leg. Hope it is still legit

901910_sm-.jpg

40k only I take it? Shame, I would have liked to do a character from Necromunda.

Heck no, bring it on!

Sweet, lets do this then.

I, Slave to Darkness pledge to convert The Arch Zealot of the Redemption, and Mad Donna Ulante in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

med_gallery_75911_13630_540636.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I'm changing my entry since I've been completely consumed by Death Guard the last couple weeks and haven't gotten any more work done on Karandras. Instead, I'll be working on a custom Typhus model for the Death Guard codex. Very possibly using this art as inspiration. 

Yfrls7Z.png

Edit 2: The beginning of Typhus with the Lord of Contagion as a size reference. 

jqPOm1p.png

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Woop woop, my bits arrived,

I, Grostmasha, vow to convert/kit-bash 1x Knight-Captain Elam Courbray, Captain of the Fire Hawks 8th Co. for the Character Conversion Challenge by 1st October 2017

gallery_48988_13749_1033374.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, Vairocanum, pledge to convert Inquisitor Lord Hector Rex for the Inquisition in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 1st 2017 to be eligible for judgement. 

U2Yj0uR.jpg

I bounced around from a couple ideas (abaddon, primaris pedro kantor, shadrak meduson) before settling on Hector Rex. I don't think I'd get my bits in time for the other characters if I ordered now so I decided to go for a character I had the necessary bits for. This was originally going to be a regular Inquisitor Lord but I still hadn't started working on it yet for this week (started building something completely different) and noticed the parallels with Hector Rex so I changed my initial plans but I don't think my version will look that similar to the official model.

Arkos is coming along nicely.

Rebuilding the back and sides of the legs of the DV lord

gallery_61265_13297_155490.jpg

And I scrapped the idea of the backpack combimelta, it didn't fit with the cloak at all so I'm building one from scratch...in the meantime a lot of greenstuff is happening!

gallery_61265_13297_105807.jpg