+++BCK's Character Conversion Challenge: Prizes!+++

There will be a Conversion Event winner and a runner-up, and the winner will have first pick of these two prizes:

DN9tzUq.png

The runner-up will receive the other. :smile.:

Remember, to be eligible for judgment and winning one of the prizes, you must have a legal special character entry. 

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been extremely busy hobby-wise till now. However this is a conversion challenge so felt that I had to vow something, so I'll try to finish a Kaptain Badrukk for the challenge! I have no bits to show other than a roll of greenstuff and two cylinders of milliput :P. Will post WIP pics soon. Edited by The Traitor

A little more simple than others have gone for, but I'm satisfied,

I declare my entry complete, and present 1x Knight-Captain Elam Courbray of the Fire Hawks 8th Company,

gallery_48988_7173_1734979.png

His head is a little droopy as it is resting in place for now, as I'll be painting it separately prior to attaching it permanently.

Cheers,

Jono

I started sculpting some detail on Kaptin Badrukk after doing the armature yesterday, and here is how he stands now:

sPIl8mI.jpg

Still very very early WIP, but I already like the feel of the model, though he needs more "grimdark". Also would you guys leave him sleeveless or not?

maybe do a ripped up style? like one with full arm sleeve ripped, then the other arm with no sleeve as if its been ripped off

I tried without both sleeves, but I'm not fully convinced, so I might add a half tore appart sleeve to one arm...

Nice start on Badrukk. I would leave him sleeveless, think about the extra depth you'll be able to get off the bare arms.

Though the same thing, though I feel there's something missing... Will see when I sculpt the muscles and bulk him up a bit.

Although I have covered the majority of some figures in GS I have never attempted one completely from scratch and you're a braver man than I. 

High praise indeed coming from you! I've already done a couple of fully scratch built models and it has always been a fun challenge, judging by your previous work you could totally make one if you set yourself to it, it would actually be something pretty interesting to see.

I made some more progress on Badrukk:

0RlnQ9s.jpg

You can see more pics on my thread, I basically changed the pose of the head and started adding detail, but there's still a lot to do...

My one minor criticism is that some of the edges that are supposed to be sharp could be a bit sharper, like the armor shards on his right knee pad. I was going to comment on how the pose looked a little off but you've already fixed that. :)

I have considered sculpting something from scratch a few times and if I do, it will probably be with polymer clay instead of epoxy putty so I can take as much time as I want without having to constantly watch the clock for curing times. 

Great work guys, some inspiring conversions in here, keep on the good work!

My one minor criticism is that some of the edges that are supposed to be sharp could be a bit sharper, like the armor shards on his right knee pad. I was going to comment on how the pose looked a little off but you've already fixed that. :smile.:

I have considered sculpting something from scratch a few times and if I do, it will probably be with polymer clay instead of epoxy putty so I can take as much time as I want without having to constantly watch the clock for curing times. 

Yeah, still a lot of sharpening and smoothing to be done, I don't know why but I usually leave that for the end. Should have used brownstuff anyways for a sharper finish... 

And the only problem I've had with greenstuff curing time is it taking too long :P, I try to mix it in small parts so that it doesn't dry, and I usually end up with left over greenstuf feven though...

On my side of things I made some more progress on Kaptin Badrukk:

udMdLiC.jpg

I don't know if I should leave the long cable going from the back to the gun, I'm not convinced about it... What do you guys think?

Some fantastic conversions here! Really liking what everyone has been creating, conversion challenges are always great sources of inspiration! Here is my tentatively completed Hector Rex (might change a few small details here and there before the last day). Realized I only took one side shot, will update this post tomorrow with the missing shot.

zM4Aq0f.jpg

More Views:

zLMEAEa.jpg

394jfsa.jpg

D8Zh0Jp.jpg

T33dR9x.jpg

edit: added the other side shot and a size comparison with a standard terminator

Edited by Vairocanum

Great work guys, some inspiring conversions in here, keep on the good work!

My one minor criticism is that some of the edges that are supposed to be sharp could be a bit sharper, like the armor shards on his right knee pad. I was going to comment on how the pose looked a little off but you've already fixed that. :smile.:

Yeah, still a lot of sharpening and smoothing to be done, I don't know why but I usually leave that for the end. Should have used brownstuff anyways for a sharper finish... 

And the only problem I've had with greenstuff curing time is it taking too long :tongue.:, I try to mix it in small parts so that it doesn't dry, and I usually end up with left over greenstuf feven though...

On my side of things I made some more progress on Kaptin Badrukk:

udMdLiC.jpg

I don't know if I should leave the long cable going from the back to the gun, I'm not convinced about it... What do you guys think?

I think no matter what you should win, as you are sculpting the entire model it looks like.

@ zarkkarn: thanks a lot for the compliments, your take on Grimaldus looks awesome too!

@ Steel Company: this competition is for the best conversion, not the most difficult one, and there are a lot of other really really good conversions in here ;)!

Well, Kaptin Badrukk is finished, and my first competition entry with it:

m6AmpRp.jpg

Will add crackled earth to the base, but that goes after painting as I'm using GW textures. Also, I would like to ask, if I present another entry but I don't finish it in time, does that invalidate my first entry too?

@ Steel Company: this competition is for the best conversion, not the most difficult one, and there are a lot of other really really good conversions in here :wink:!

While true, I do think yours is the most interesting, due to the fact that you are sculpting it and the details that you have put into it, such as the medals hanging from the hat and the toof necklace. Not to mention you have it looking dynamic while capturing the right amount of Mork-ieness (or is is Gork-ieness) to him.