Changes to the Necron Immortal Box?

Tannarak

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention GW have announced the rest of the Codex books for the year and Necrons aren't among them.

Have they? Got a source on that? It'd be interesting to look through. I know they had announced the next couple, but I wasn't aware they had announced the entire year.

Same source as all GW news these days, the Warhammer Community site. If you search 'nova news' you'll find the article with the Chapter Approved news in it. There may also be a thread in the NR&A section.

If you're referring to the announcement that Chapter Approved is coming Christmas, it doesn't announce the Codex lineup for the year - merely suggests that Necrons won't be one of them. I was hoping there was an actual announcement of the Codices. Ah well.

I'm referring to the article about the news from NOVA. It seems you have found the wrong article, here's them saying the books to come out by the end of November:

"We also heard what the next three codexes will be following the release of Death Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus in September. Before the end of November, xenos fans will be pleased to see some of the galaxy’s alien races get their codexes for the new edition with Codex: Craftworlds and Codex: Tyranids, while Codex: Astra Militarum lets fans of the Imperium’s vast human armies create thematic armies from their favourite Regiment."

Since the CA book is coming out in December I doubt there will be a Codex release in there. Who knows with GW though.

Honestly the Necron warrior kit is already pretty nice. There are other lines that are still using resin models and still don't have models to represent rules they have in the books.

Don't get me wrong, we all want new and pose-able miniatures. I just don't think Necrons will be getting that treatment.

There's two more codexes this year, but we don't know which two yet. I doubt it's going to be Necrons, though that's just a personal feeling.

GW said "about 10" and have announced 8, which amalgamate a few 7th edition books as well (admech I think is Skitarii, Cult Mech, and Knights) which would be 10 re-released books in 8 titles. With Chapter Approved being released in December I'll just about eat my hat if GW smash another Codex in there, let alone two :lol:

EDIT: WC just confirmed the AdMech Codex will roll Skitarii, CultMech, and Knights into one book, so that's 10 7th edition Codex books updated to 8th by the end of November.

Edited by NTaW

• 1 month later...