Renegade Ogryns kit bash...

Trystram

I decided I'd like to run some Renegade Ogryns in my list but I had no models and the FW ones are way too expensive for me. So I scrounged through my bits boxes and found some Nobz and some other bits and pieces and threw these guys together sunday afternoon...

Ogryns 04

Ogryns 03

Ogryns 02

Ogryns 01

Do you guys think they are an ok alternative? Are they still of orkish? Any suggestions for how to modify or change them before I start painting?

They look the part, I used lots of Nobz kit parts on mine and I think they work. Youll be surprised when you paint them in a different skin tone (other than green) how quickly it sells it, esp with the gas masks.

Just being honest here, Im not very keen on the metal ones with the squid arms, just looks a little odd to me. I would rather see something crueler - like a club or a built in chainsaw arm or something.

Not trying to denigrate your work, but those look far too orky for my tastes. Too many undisguised ork parts makes these guys look like nobs (albeit very badass ones) rather than ogryn.

Like Akrim, I use ork parts in my ogryn 'recipe' too, but mixing in other parts to disrupt the distinctive ork visual style may be useful. The bodies and most limbs of my abhumans are from plastic chaos spawn

I actually like the weird guys with tentacles, just not as bog standard ogryn. With slightly disguised shoulders they would make good spawn or, if painted in a suitably pox-like manner, crazy looking plague ogryn.

Edited by Azekai

Not trying to denigrate your work, but those look far too orky for my tastes. Too many undisguised ork parts makes these guys look like nobs (albeit very badass ones) rather than ogryn.

Like Akrim, I use ork parts in my ogryn 'recipe' too, but mixing in other parts to disrupt the distinctive ork visual style may be useful. The bodies and most limbs of my abhumans are from plastic chaos spawn

I actually like the weird guys with tentacles, just not as bog standard ogryn. With slightly disguised shoulders they would make good spawn or, if painted in a suitably pox-like manner, crazy looking plague ogryn.

Don't worry, I was thinking the same myself. Just wondering how I can un-ork them some more. I got rid of the majority of ork symbols, but I was thinking I might cut/file off more of the metal teeth as they look particularly ork-like. So for example on one of the axes and also on a couple of the feet and other places. I also hoping that with human skin tone once painted, they might look the part a bit more convincingly. The hands are a bit of a give away though :(