Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
IG, who would have guessed FOOT GUARD [2k]foot guard
Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:04 PM
- duz_, Halfpint100 and Guardsman Bob like this
Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:46 AM
- PliskinAJ likes this
Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:26 AM
How are the vets working out for you? They seem point heavy for their squishy-ness.
8th Edition is definitely the reform that 3rd Edition should have been. So they’re only twenty plus years late. Not bad, could have been worse.
Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:50 AM
First battle report of this list.
Turns: mostly 2
Time: 3ish hours (We were at my house and I had some honey do's and the kid had some issues so I ended up holding him for about half of it. Speed wasn't key for us.)
He was running 2k of chaos space marines.
DOW deployment 6 objectives.
I failed to seize initiative he runs up the center ready to attack. He bubble wraps his demon thing, maybe a prince, I don't really remember just know its got to die.
His shooting takes out 2 heavy weapons teams and a sentinel, he wants to get in to melee as soon as possible.
My half of 1, I tell my 105 conscripts to leave the fighting positions to meet him in the field.
Shooting cripples both rhinos and I knock off about half his cultists. Probably should have focused my fire more and I forgot to shoot the 3 line squads closest to me in the picture.
Start of 2, here he comes, right into my bubblewrap.
Sorry for the blurry picture. Center conscript squad wiped, other 2 at around 60% strength, doing their job. His flier eats my heavy weapon team in shooting and smashes into my line squads.
I fall back my conscripts and let out a lot of fire into his berserkers in the center taking them down to 3 before I'm doing with 1/4th my shooting.
At this point he concedes the battle my las/plas vet team 1 open up and knock out the rhino with the lascannon and knock out most of his berserkers. The breaking point was when las/plasma vet team knocks out half of his red marines with a plasma volley (he didn't pull them yet). I still had 5 of the line squads to fire, the earthshakers, flamer vets 2 full heavy weapon teams and the command staff.
This is what I got out of this battle.
- Conscripts are brutal. This hit like a wet noodle and you honestly can probably ignore them or just tie them up with a vehicle burning orders for me to do anything with them. But when the other player sees 105 "guardsmen" running at them they attack them.
- Line infantry, flamers were never used to effect. I think I shot 1 in offense and 1 in defense, for the cost plasma is the way to go unless you make a dedicated burning squad like the flamer vets.
- Bolters did just what I wanted, all the bolters I have in this army, 18? off the top of my head would kill 2-3 things a turn. 18 points to kill a few more, yes please.
- Command staff with bolters. Worked great they could stay back, give orders or a bolt to the head and give fire support. I had all my command staff fire on the cultists on turn 1 and at max range I think every one of them took down a cultist.
- Earthshakers, I think I made them the right size but they are HUGE but deadly.
- Halfpint100 likes this
Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:46 PM
So I think 105 conscripts might be a bit over kill. I do like the units of 35 as it maxes out how much he can kill in a CC. If my center conscript squad had 50 all 50 would have been dead because the Berserkers didn't have their second attack yet. I think I manged to trim some fat.
Dropped one conscript squad, 2 M laser sentinels, 1 lascannon sentinel, 1 commissar and dropped the flamer vets SGT to a shotgun and 1 company commander to a shot gun. This gave me.
2 full scion squads with 4 plasma and a prime.
I figure I loose some meatsheild and a BS 4 lascannon but I can 21 drop troopers with their own orders. The M laser sentinels pretty much only took some hits but they were over 70 points. The new 288 point drop section should be able to reliably kill nearly everything in the game and cause my opponent to split their forces I think a better stop than a meat shield.
Here is the list.
Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:30 PM
If you can somehow fit in 2 plasma pistols on your scion squads, it will be worth it. you only need 8 points to get it! maybe remove 3 conscripts? that extra 2 plasma rounds on the scions will be worth it. The rest of the list looks solid IMO!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users