If Dorn returns... How?

Urriak Urruk

Of all the What If theories, I think I like him just popping out of the warp having missed a huge chunk of time the best. It sets him up as a parallel to Guilliman, whereas Russ, The Lion, and possibly others could be set up as foils to Guilliman. As more Primarchs return (because let's be honest, they will all likely be getting models eventually), it sets up an interesting conflict between multiple groups of Primarchs. While all Primarchs have a connection to the warp, I think GW would be remiss to reintroduce any Primarchs with that big of a change to their core character. People will want "their" Primarch as they have been previously described, and mixing it up toooo much will likely turn enough people off to make it a mistake.

Hmm VERY interesting...

I don't like the idea of him being a GOOD psyker (leave that to Magnus & the other Daemon princes and established ones).

But what if it manifests as a new psychic construct hand for him? Besides making for a potentially KICK ASS model and being a literal manifestation of his legions symbol, it could be some nice symbolism:

He loses his fist as his fists legionnaires have lost him, when he finally manages to get to a point where he can just have a hand manifest at all times is when he'll 'regain' his legion (his fist!) and turn up again?!

I think he'd return to the Imperium and say he needs to go on a penance crusade, and would Clash with Guilliman because obviously the second alive returning loyalist should be doing important things, not just go on random crusade. Maybe they'd eventually settle that Dorn could cover one side of the warp rift and Guilliman the other?

Plus his interactions with the BT will all be gold.

Green Lantern Dorn? No.

Leave him dead or in a Dreadnaught.

I'd be cool with Dreadnought Dorn, maybe the Fists find him badly injured and in stasis post battle where he lost his hand. His wounds are too grievous to be recovered like Guilliman and the Eldar aren't exactly on call ressers so they decide best to put him into his own unique pattern dreadnought. Allows him t be around and guide his sons while not lessening his sacrifice and honestly him in a dreadnought seems more fitting than most primarchs.