Forge your own Land Raiders

TheOneTrueZon

A Land Raider with no tracks and Keyword fly.

A Land Raider with Quad Assault Cannons and Twin Assault Cannons

A Land Raider with demolisher shield and Big Volkite Cannon

A Land Raider with Scorpius Launcher Sponsons and Thunderfire Cannon

A Land Raider with Demolisher Shield, Melta Drills from Centurions, and no Sponsons just more transport capacity to drill into buildings and pour out troops.

I hope they extend this to other vehicles, I want a Volkite Razorback with some Skitarii.

Ya know, I've been working on a design I call the Land Raider Ludicrous

Hull Mounted Demolisher

Turret Mounted Quad Mortar/Thunderfire

Front mounted Twin-Linked Multi Melta sponson

Rear mounted Twin Linked Lascannon sponson

Top Mounted Hyperios and Helios Launchers

Siege Shield

Transport Capacity:0

For those time when you're not sure what you're gonna shoot at, but you know you want it dead.

Although it's likely GW will structure it all well to stop some of the scarier minds out there (or here!) from breaking the space-time continuum, I'm thinking plasma gun versions of Hurricane Bolters would be a delight.

That and twin assault cannons in the sponsons and hull.

Bolt Rifles might be interesting too. Hurricane style of course.

The Heavy Onslaught Cannon is an obvious candidate for a Land Raider. Twin linked is unlikely but 2 sponson mounted versions isn't out of the realm of imagination (though worse than a twin linked assault cannon).

I was feeling the plasma variant as well, especially now we have quite a few different versions. Although I feel that certain weapons will add/remove transport capacity as part of the price so it wont be "have your cake and eat it scenario".

Had thought about a cheap version that sort of just replace a predator, you can picture a Primaris sized marine driving it then lol

I was feeling the plasma variant as well, especially now we have quite a few different versions. Although I feel that certain weapons will add/remove transport capacity as part of the price so it wont be "have your cake and eat it scenario".

Had thought about a cheap version that sort of just replace a predator, you can picture a Primaris sized marine driving it then lol

I don't mind if my LR losses transport capacity while toting 3 grav-flux bombards :D

I don't mind if my LR losses transport capacity while toting 3 grav-flux bombards :biggrin.:

STAHP.

well they did say these were experimental rules to see how it works, if it works out alright (and people don't abuse it........) I can see it being applied to all vehicles over time.

Damn looking at the landraider model thinking up of ways to abu.... ahem I mean convert it using the rules.... yes convert *maniacal laughter*

Custom Vehicles sound awesome.

I was having a discussion the other day about doing something similar but with Special Characters. Relics already give us a degree of customisation and I'd love to see the concept explored further. Maybe even an 'Upgrade Sprue' in the same vein as the current Space Marine upgrade sprues.

I'm thinking plasma gun versions of Hurricane Bolters would be a delight.

I imagined this since the Crusader first came out. Lately I've been dreaming about giggling over the overwatch when someone decides to charge a 'Raider with 'Hurricane-Flamer' Sponsons. Currently thinking the hull hard point should mount an Inferno Cannon.

Land Raider Cerberus:

Twin Linked assault Cannon, Frag Assault launchers, Heavy Flamer(?) On top. transport capacity 21 models in power armour.

Remove all the sponson weaponry to give the land raider maximum transport capability.

First used by the Black Templars that just wanted to chop things up.

Edited by Sete

Don't care what goes on it. As long as it can carry Primaris...

Also, are they not being inconsistent here? They remove all bike characters from the codex, but they are considering to allow a Build-a-Raider workshop? Wouldn't sponsons and turrets be a big seller among third party guys?

For those of us that play 30k, particularly the Mechanicum, this is a great opportunity to use our Macrocarid Explorators (i.e. DIY Landraiders):

http://oi67.tinypic.com/28w2h34.jpg

My Platypus* Pattern Landraider's chassis/body is ready.

* I initially replaced the assault ramp on this because I was using this as my Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator, which is not an assault vehicle.  Kinda still relevant to 8th ed in which all vehicles operate the same way now.

My idea:

Land Raider Suppressor

1x hull-mounted twin assault cannon

2x sponson-mounted twin autocannons

1x pintle-mounted heavy bolter

Troop capacity: 6 infantry models in power armour (ammo stores take up the rest)

Basically a LR designed to counter hordes of medium infantry and/or light vehicles. During the original VCR rules, I had a Predator Suppressor (turrent-mounted twin ACs and sponson ACs) meant to fulfill a similar role.