Forge your own Land Raiders

TheOneTrueZon

Has anyone considered modifying the storm bolter and Hurricane bolter so they use the Cawl pattern bolt rifle's longer barrel, increasing the weapons' range and armor-piercing capabilities?

I also have the idea of modifying the Land Raider Redeemer by mounting three boltguns (half a Hurricane bolter) to the side of each flamestorm cannon. This will likely reduce its passenger capacity to 10, but give the crew the option of either hammering the enemy at range, or frying them up close.

I just want a LR with 2x Reaper Autocannons and hull mounted Autocannon with 12+ transport capacity. Has been my dream for a long time.

Why use Reaper autocannons instead of the Exterminator autocannons seen on the Astra Militarum's Leman Russ Exterminators? The latter has 48" range (as opposed to the Reaper's 36" range) and potentially better AP (the weapon gains the Rending special rule when Knight Commander Pask is tank commander).

Back in 3rd edition, GW made VDR rules and they had a weapons list specific to each list along with certain modifications to change how a weapon behaves (i.e. longer range, "Massive" for extra strength and AP etc) so I suspect players will be fairly disappointed with how structured this will be.

For a start, it's likely to begin with the basic weapons of the faction (missile launchers, Lascannons, heavy bolters, Hurricane Bolters etc), have a basic chassis (this case a Land Raider) then go with a few modifications to apply.

You'll not be seeing Exterminator Autocannons on a Land Raider any time soon in my opinion. We'll be lucky to see a Predator Autocannon on a Land Raider.

Which would be amazing by the way. 2 is great, imagine 2 twin linked sponsons of them!

GW still sells the Baneblade weapon sponsons sprue seperately? Also the knight bits for the warden are a second sprue as well... wonder if they will sell that seperately...

Crazy: build a Knight, replacing the entire torso with a land raider, then strap arms to it on sponson sides. Transport Knight!

alternatively: mount a Khorne Lord Of skulls on top of a LR, for a Khorne Landraider of Skulls

More realistic: Give Chaos real options besides one variant and FW. I definitely Like the Butcher Cannon option mentioned above... If FW weapons are viable, that's two 'Butcher Cannon Array' sponsons and a butcher cannon hull mount, 20 shots with corrupted machine spirit! 89 points more than standard LR

Crazy: build a Knight, replacing the entire torso with a land raider, then strap arms to it on sponson sides. Transport Knight!

I like this idea. Let's name it the "Knight Conquistador", with a skull helm whose eye sockets frame the Land Raider's twin heavy bolters, the sponson-mounted weapons (twin lascannons, flamestorm cannons, hurricane bolters) mounted on the Thunderstrike gauntlet (see the Centurion warsuit's arm-mounted weapons) or the Reaper chainsword (see sword-bayonets on World War I rifles), and ropes so assaulting Space Marines can rappel from the front and side doors. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

So last night as I started messing about with a Stormhawk Interceptor I ended up being struck by some inspiration which makes me hope that at some point we get a full set of Vehicle Design Rules, because I really want to make an Imperial A-10 that's just bristling with weapons, Large Flyers that utilizes Storm Eagle, Storm Raven, and Fireraptor weapons option (missiles mounted everywhere) and Predators with Missile or Melta Sponsons. Points wise GW could make it expensive (to say nothing of the financial cost of buying multiple kits across multiple product lines) but if they gave me the option to build something like those, I'd spend the money and do it because Rule of Cool outweighs everything else (for me). So here is to hoping the Land Raider Design rules are fairly expansive and allow for some serious kitbashing (seriously, I wanna use the sponsons from a Storm Fang, heck I wanna kitbash up a Storm Fang for something too....)