Xeno Community Event

Uprising

gallery_30308_9518_19247.jpg

Hello everyone

It's my honor to be hosting the first Xeno event on B&C: The Xeno Files. This will be a simple event with simple goals. The goals is let get painting some xeno models. Now, how are we going to do that? By having a 3 month event where you paint three plus units of your choices(the more the better).

• This event runs from October 1st (xenoctober?) and ends January 3rd(Happy new years in advance). After that you have one week to enter a group shot of what you have painted(January 6th) for voting. Voting is complete on the January 10th.
  • You are require to take one wip photo of each unit, then one complete photo of said unit. Also one photo for every unit complete painted together is need(aka group photo).
  • You need to vow at least three unit of your choice, but you can vow more if you wish. You vow everything at once, so be careful. If you vow more, they too must also be painted by January 3rd, or you fail the vow(less is more sometimes after all).

Example: I (insert name) vow to paint the following units by January 3rd: Unit 1-3

• The most important rule: Have fun, makes friends.

Now we do have rewards, which are Banner for Sigs:

• Event participate (You get this at the start)
  • Vow Completed (You get one for completing the vow).
  • Vow fail (You get one for failing your vow).
  • Best in Race: The races involved includes: Eldar of all favors(Dark, craftworld, exiles), necrons, orks, tau, Tyranids, GSC, and count as(If we have any). I will be picking these personally.
  • Best painted: I will be picking these personally.
  • Best Conversion: I will be picking these personally.
  • Fan Favorite: We will have a poll for this one, please vote.

Badges

• Event participate

gallery_30308_9518_15054.png

Edited by WarriorFish
Banner updated

I, Slave to Darkness vow to paint the following units by January 3rd.

5 Howling Banshees.
5 Fire Dragons.
1 Avatar.
7 Guardians with a Scatter Laser grav doodad, (the two painted guys will be getting stripped, everything's going to be Biel Tan).

med_gallery_75911_12240_82898.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I, Iron Father Ferrum, vow to paint two squads of Guardians with grav platforms, one squad of Warp Spiders, one Farseer, three Warlocks, and Maugan Ra the Harvester of Souls an Autarch, for the protection of Craftworld Altansar by January the 3rd.

Edit: So like an idiot, I got ahead of myself and painting Maugan Ra before I remembered that the event doesn't start for another month.  I have thus replaced Maugan Ra in my bid with an Autarch.  My bad.

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum

First, I would like to say welcome everyone to my event.  Please enjoy your stay. 

Do characters count as units?

Characters count.  Go crazy

Question, is this just painting or conversion as well?

Your models your choice.  Go crazy. 

and if its ok 7 Guardians (its all I have unfortunatly) with a Scatter Laser grav doodad.

More models painted, the better.  Fight the war against grey models.  (aka your good to only paint the 7, because you already hit the minimum of three units). 

I've got a whole pile of unpainted Orks in need of some love, maybe finally jumping in on one of these events will give me the motivation to get some painting done.

I, Herald of Ultramar, vow to paint the following units by January 3rd:

• 1 Ork Big Mek
  • 1 Deff Dread
  • 1 unit of 4 Killa Kanz

Well this seems like a good motivator to continue working on my Rescue and Restore project of 2nd edition Necrons that I started in the August Arena.

I, Trokair, Vow to paint the following units by January 3rd:

1 unit of Necron Warriors (10)

1 Unit of Destroyers (3)

1 Unit of Scarabs – As these are so much larger than the plastic ones I will probably mount them on 25mm bases and use them as count as Flayed Ones

Here is a shot of the two units I completed for the Arena.

gallery_29932_13461_124428.jpg

Edited by Trokair

Fight the war against grey models.

The only war that really matters :wink:

Time to dust off my DE. Sadly that's literally and I need to rethink my colour scheme as well :pinch: Good to see people eager to get started but don't forget the unblinking eyes of the Ordo Xenos are watching. Failure may mean a fate worse than death... be sure it doesn't happen!

I, Parweke, vow to paint the following 3 units by January 3rd.

Stompa

Gorkanaut (or maybe Morkanaut)

Battlewagon

my battlewagon is primed yellow and I've done few washes, can I use it?

if not I will do unit of Flashgits and paint their wagon at the same time anyway.

Orktober!

and if its ok 7 Guardians (its all I have unfortunatly) with a Scatter Laser grav doodad.

More models painted, the better.  Fight the war against grey models.  (aka your good to only paint the 7, because you already hit the minimum of three units). 

I have just realized some of my minis are older than a lot of the people I game against :laugh.:

I have edited a before picture into my original post above. The grav platform at the back isnt in the vow (I assume I cant add to my vow as I have already declared) Ill still paint it alongside these so all my Eldar are finished.

Do we get sexy lil banners for our sigs?

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I fisheyedbunny, of sound mind and body...sort of...pledge to paint the following:

Tau Etheral

One squad of Firewarriors

One Ghostkeel

If time permits with other events I may paint more.

Currently my models are all airbrushed with a basecoat on, will update with a picture when able.

Will there be a separate thread to post in and keep this for the pledges only or will we use this one?

Hmmmmmm. Got a pile of old second edition metal xenos somewhere, some Gorkamorka, some plastic 3e dark eldar. Got some newer Tau... somewhere. Did I mention that my son had some significant ADHD back in the day? :D I think I'll dig out something and join in the fun.