Xeno Community Event

Uprising

Here's my group shot picture with some better lighting (even if the sun is unhelpfully low this time of year):

gallery_30308_13718_167551.jpg

Plus a follow up to hopefully catch the metallic skin markings:

gallery_30308_13718_152682.jpg

Well done everyone, and for Uprising for organising. For those who fail... you'll be handed over to the Death Watch to meet your fate :laugh.:

:thumbsup:

Gutted that I couldnt finish my vow. It was a joy to paint the classic Eldar minis, it was like I was back in 1991 again. :wub: but depressions a bitch.

Good work and well done to everyone else, may 2018 bring us many more painting comps. :)

Gutted that I couldnt finish my vow. It was a joy to paint the classic Eldar minis, it was like I was back in 1991 again. :wub: but depressions a bitch.

Good work and well done to everyone else, may 2018 bring us many more painting comps. :)

I have depression too, so I can relate. If you're able, there was an extension, so depending on how much you still had to do you might still be able to complete your vow. If not, this too shall pass, and I hope you're able to get back to a place where you can enjoy painting toy soldiers again soon.

Glad to see many managed to fulfill their vows. 

I personally failed miserably... :ermm:

due to sickness and some (much) less acceptable reasons (making terrain, rather building new models than painting), I haven't put any paint on a model in those last few months. 

The only positive is that these are still the next ones in the painting que for me.

Still glad I joined and will give it another try in the future.

38742880175_896fc68db9_c.jpg

Best shot Ive managed tonight.   Thanks for the impetus to get some tau models painted Uprising-- I'm gonna see how much of my remaining tau I can get painted up by codex release and year's end now!

Edited by The_Chaplain

I think I am going to bow out.  I won't be able to meet the extended deadline with something that I am happy with, and I am having a hard time getting inspired to paint nids.. I keep picking up different models every time i sit down to paint.  

Again, thank you for running the event Uprising!  And congratulations to those who completed your vows, all the models posted look awesome!  I just can't put something I half-heartedly painted in with all the hard work people have put into their models.

While I did give extra time to complete your vow, the time to close this event is nearing. If you do not have your group shots finish(or finishing up the last detail on your units), please get them in by the 1-13-2017.  Badges and winners will be revealed on 1-14-2017. 

At the end of the day, I just want painted models.  So let celebrate the hard work everyone has done for the event. 

While I did give extra time to complete your vow, the time to close this event is nearing. If you do not have your group shots finish(or finishing up the last detail on your units), please get them in by the 1-13-2017.  Badges and winners will be revealed on 1-14-2017. 

At the end of the day, I just want painted models.  So let celebrate the hard work everyone has done for the event. 

Finished the last of what I could today, I could go on forever with the smaller details but it'll work. My pics will be in tomorrow night, on the 13th.

Well, I completed my vow! Here are the final pics of everyone, with a final group shot at the end. I'm sure I've posted plenty of W.I.P. pics of every unit, but if I missed something I will add it to this post on demand. 

First off, Archon: 

xQJaYi8.jpg

6Kf5STi.jpg

x6aa3FG.jpg

The first squad of 5 Wyches: 

0Z2ielU.jpg

znic5vq.jpg

gGoDeuE.jpg

The second squad of 5 Wyches:

YkX4j2Y.jpg

1g0wg1C.jpg

iiV1OOZ.jpg

The first warrior squad from the Poisoned Tongue, 5 models: 

idCmvx6.jpg

45iZ3Va.jpg

I2ifGAf.jpg

And the second squad of Poisoned Tongue, 5 models: 

BtySPLn.jpg

7NfZYT3.jpg

6pXBIvI.jpg

The Raider the Wyches will be using:

aNeiIMS.jpg

dtlZndG.jpg

JmNASif.jpg

f5eTypN.jpg

A sort of group-shot with all of the Wych units:

fXEs45E.jpg

Tp12BuQ.jpg

And my final group-shot featuring the whole force.

n4ersBh.jpg

This was a pretty large vow, so I'm glad I was able to finish it afterall. 

Hello everyone

It is time to reveal the winners. In truth anyone who painted a single model is a winner, but for those who did not complete their vows here is your badge:

gallery_30308_9518_824.png

For those that complete their vow, here is your reward (pick the one with your vow race):

Dark Eldar:

gallery_30308_9518_17558.png

Eldar

gallery_30308_9518_14859.png

Necron

gallery_30308_9518_14657.png

Tau

gallery_30308_9518_15149.png

Ork

gallery_30308_9518_10273.png

Imperial xeno

gallery_30308_9518_13090.png

Now is time for the best conversion awards and best painted.

Best conversions go to:

Leave it to the orks to get best conversion this time. It goes to

brettfp with the speed Kults Orks

Here is your badge:

gallery_30308_9518_1334.png

Best paint was an extremely hard one to choose. So many great vows, and oddly enough it came down to two Dark Eldar Vows. But at the end of the day best painted goes to:

Calyptra with his master and pets (aka Haemonculus Kabal)

Here is your badge:

gallery_30308_9518_10445.png

Best in race is next. Stay tune.

Editing reason: My computer hates me

Edited by Uprising

Time for best in race. I only choose from completed vow.

Dark Eldar: E_50_Panzer

gallery_30308_9518_5668.png

Eldar: Marshal Wolfhart

gallery_30308_9518_7868.png

Tau: The_Chaplain

gallery_30308_9518_8389.png

Necron: Trokair

gallery_30308_9518_14627.png

Imperial Xeno: TheOneTrueZon

gallery_30308_9518_13090.png

Ork: Warhead01

gallery_30308_9518_15554.png

Well after an hour and two crashes best in race is completed. Congrats to everyone, and if I miss something please let me know.

Thoughts: I am happy my first event went decently well. A lot of change has occurred in my life but seeing people get models painted is not one of these. I thank everyone for joining(vow completed or not). I can not wait to see everyone and new comers in the next xeno event.

Everyone give Warriorfish a big thank you for the badges and the help during the event.

Congratulations to the winners, and everyone who completed their vows! :biggrin.: This has been the motivation I needed to get my DE going properly, so I should be getting them ready for small games later this year :thumbsup: Last but not least thanks to Uprising for running the B&C's first ever xenos event - you've all made history :wink:

I take pride in failed vows!

ya'll did great!

my work flow for the hobby ebes and flows sometimes I get a lot done, other times I dont touch stuff for weeks.

I shall continue and hopefully make some sweet stuff for the tau/subforum to help drive community growth. needs more xenos