Xeno Community Event

Uprising

My Cronos so far:

jVQr77d.jpg

XgndkLb.jpg

Action shot!

MVYyKzc.jpg

I wrote a thing in my project log, so if you're interested in reading about my deep and personal struggle with painting a Cronos (spoiler: there's too much purple in the flesh tones), you can read about it there.

So I have finally settled (I think) on a camo scheme for the Tau forces I will be doing. Done the test scheme on the Riptide and I felt it was far to bright. I was going for a night/urban theme. I decided to flip the colours and end with the darkest colour this time. The two Ghostkeel plates you can see were done this way however the pictures show them just airbrushed. Still to be drybrushed/washed etc.

I think the darker grey in the new camo scheme is just a shade to dark however I will address this with some of the drybrushing to bring the black more in line...in theory

Riptide Test 1

Riptide Test 2

Riptide Test 3

Tau DigiCam 1

Tau DigiCam 2

Loving the work so far :smile.: loads of cracking pictures and great work, need to get my finger out of my backside :smile.:

EDIT - Also changed from Digital to Hex camo, felt it was more Tau somehow, don't ask me why tho, my mind works in the strangest of ways :teehee::teehee:
Edited by fisheyedbunny

So I have finally settled (I think) on a camo scheme for the Tau forces I will be doing. Done the test scheme on the Riptide and I felt it was far to bright. I was going for a night/urban theme. I decided to flip the colours and end with the darkest colour this time. The two Ghostkeel plates you can see were done this way however the pictures show them just airbrushed. Still to be drybrushed/washed etc.

they look fantastic. what stencils did you use?

-------------------------------------------

some of my tau are based, and figuring out the scheme right now.

breacher team

YgkRrVm.jpg

commander: (still have to build his drones)

s1wUwoX.jpg

WIP Drone controller:

h1zifP7.jpg

jzJoIg3.jpg

Some more WIP, Ghostkeel has been my main area of focus but I have also completed most of the work on the Fire Warriors. I think/hope the minimal detailing and the darker colours suit the overall theme of the Urban/Night style. There is still some odds and sods to be done as well as the basing on it. The helmet is no where near as white in real life, will need to get my lightbox set up again.

Ghostkeel 1

Ghostkeel 2

I've been making steady progress, but I got side tracked by a single model :tongue.: He's almost complete though so not in vain :)

gallery_30308_13718_61850.jpg

Evening painting isn't great but I have next week off to get some serious painting done :thumbsup: Keep up the good work everyone, and keep those updates posted!

Alrighty, I had a few free hours t'day, so I got to work on the wyches. Stripped, based, primed, and a few with the first layers of basecoats started - really messy if I do say so myself. 

9TqUu7o.jpg

3nOPMiN.jpg

MnrVhnw.jpg
  Edited by Archon Yllithian

There is frantic priming going on in the background on DF(1) /HH (3) / SR (2) - (I got a little carried away... I only vowed 1... :() and the 'Cuda but I can show you the WIP so far on the Riptide :)

gallery_62353_11005_85580.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_37109.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_20552.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_13364.jpg

Calyptra, that Cronos looks good so far. There are quite a few Dark Eldar models I always liked the look of but that is an army I am yet to collect any off. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Fisheyedbunny, Nice work on the Ghostkeel

WarriorFish, that Slyth is gorgeous.

Elmo, what green is that?

And then some paint happened, forgot how much longer edge highlighting takes instead of the drybrushing approach on my regular nids.

gallery_48561_13265_972502.jpg

These guys are just going to be basic tabletop standard, will be aiming to take the broodlord to a much higher level though.