2000pt Emperor's Children list - help with AntiTank pls

RoadRunna

Hi All

I have been building my new EC list for a few months now and nearly got it table ready but I can't decide what to purchase to meet my Anti-Tank component.  I have 230pts to spare so please provide me with some suggestions:

Legion Praetor Terminator Armour Phoenix Spear Sonic Shrieker

Legion Centurian Legion Champion Consul Jumpack Phoenix Spear Artificer Armour Boarding Shield Sonic Shrieker

Elites Legion Terminator Squad Reaper Autocannon Powerfist 3 x Phoenix Spear ChainFist

Contemptor Mortis 2 X Kheres AssCannon

Troops Legion Assault Squad 5 Additional Marines Sgt PwrFist Sgt Arty Armour 2 x Power Sword

Legion Tactical Squad 5 Additional Marines Pwr Weapon Legion Vexilla Sgt Artificer Armour

Legion Tactical Squad 5 Additional Marines Pwr Weapon Legion Vexilla Sgt Artificer Armour

Heavy Support Legion Sicaran Battle Tank Lascannons

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought Aiolos Missile system

My list has the prerequisites for the Hidden Blade trait meaning Elites and FA can auto arrive turn 2 to 4 so I was thinking that perhaps a Primus Strike Fighter with 2 Sunfury 4 Kraken and Battle Servitor could work.  However this could be too vulnerable to anti-air on the turn it arrives.

Venator Battle Tank could also work perhaps and then leave me with enough points for a Apothecary... 

Another Dready??

Landraider with extra Lascannon turret as a ride for the termies to then also arrive via Hidden Blade trait for some side shots??

Suggestions please to help with all those Spartan lists

Just a note for you that only Characters can take Phoenix power spears - those Terminators can only have 1 (on the Sergeant). I'd also count the Praetors spear as a Paragon blade - it's strictly better in all ways.

Mara Skara is an interesting Rite of War that requires a bit of practice. It is pretty much the epitome of the Emperor's Children's stance on perfection! :) You have 3 Troops choices, which isn't bad per se, but you don't really gain much out of taking the 3rd unit. Those points could be used better on other units.

For Troops, I would go for 15 Assault Marines with upgrades and 15 Tactical Marines with extra chainswords (with an Apothecary & Character in each squad). These can be the advancing Open Blade units that take objectives and tie up units in combat. For the Hidden Blade, take shooty units - they won't be able to charge until at least the 3rd Turn, so you want them to be unloading firepower when they arrive. You mentioned the Primaris-Lightning, and it's a good choice. Also consider:

- Attack Bikes with autocannons (2 shots at S7 is good against side armour).

- Outriders with TL plasma guns (deadly).

- Javelins with Cyclone missile launchers, multi-meltas and hunter-killer missiles (my favourite unit in the game).

- Marksmen Veterans with combi-weapons & a multi-melta Rhino (probably the best unit in the game right now).

- Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnoughts (Kheres is pretty good here, as their short range is mitigated by Outflank).

- Jetbikes with volkite culverins (because they look amazing).

All of these dish out reasonable to excellent firepower, and even if they already have Outflank (Vets, Outriders), the guaranteed arrival on your turn of choice is invaluable. Make sure you take 3 units - capitalise on the ability. Once you have these components covered, fill out the rest of your army! Sicaran Venator is very good at shutting down Super-heavies. Deredeo is also solid. Rapiers are also good, especially with Quad Launchers.

Hope the advice helps! :)