Micahwc's Heretics

micahwc

I like the sniper marauders and the commander a lot- where are the rifles from? The only faint criticism I have is that the pose of the commander's pistol arm seems a bit unnatural. It might help if you lowered the angle of the shoulder slightly and adjusted the pistol to align straight with the forearm.

Keep it coming!

Bits are sigmar blood reivers combined with mostly scions and a couple Valkyrie pilots. Rifles are from scions. Sniper rifle is the hotshot volley gun modified by adding an axe handle for the barrel, the sight came from a backpack off a scion, and the stock came from a cut down axe head. Bipod was actually a shotgun type bit from another model range that I cut to be equal length.

Commanders job is to buff the leadership of the command squads and not die. I know he looks khorne, but he will actually be covenant of tzeentch for the better overwatch. Command squads have command vox net. Each rolls best of 2d6 for leadership, +3 for their uncertain worth, +1 for the commanders warlord trait. Vox network allows any unit with a vox with 120" to use their leadership, so with four dice and a reroll im hoping to get a 5 or 6, for a leadership of 9 or 10.

I have 40 renegade militia equipped with 8 flamers and vox for protecting the artillery. I have 2 groups of 20 more models that I will probably use as a group of disciples and a group of cultists with brutal assault weapons.

I have two valkyries, 6 malefic lords, 6 mantic ogre models on the way to convert into renegade ogryns, 3 spawn, and 3 earthshaker batteries as well.

I'd like to add 6 heavy quad launchers to round it out. All of this will be about 2,000 - 2,500 points. I will also have about 2,000 points of Alpha Legion.

http://i.imgur.com/BV7Jojj.jpg

Group shot.

A commander, 6 malefic lords, 2 command squads, 2 marauder squads, 3 spawn, 80 infantry, 3 earthshakers, 2 valkyries.

Yeah, I'll remove some imperial iconography or deface it in a bit.

Edited by micahwc

Awesome conversions... one thing I would say regarding commander you need to shave off a little where the arm plugs in so it doesn't point the pistol at that unnatural angle. Did this before when converting eisenkerns and tempestus to be legal at GW stores.

I shaved off every imperial eagle I could find on everything and started paint on the command squads.

Ill take a second look at the commander and figure out what to do with his arm.

I started paint on the second eBay rescued Valkyrie. I need to do some more sculpting work on it's cockpit. Both my Valks came sans cockpit glass, flight stands, and one without hellstrike missiles. The pair were $40 so I can't complain too much. I used the same colors on Valk 2 as I did on 1, but 2 is turning out a lot lighter, so I added some more sky gray to Valk 1 to make it a little closer to Valk 2. The paint is Vallejo Sky Grey, Vallejo Game Air Black and Vallejo Drab Green, mixed with windex, and shot out of a badger Patriot 105 through a stencil. All the paint is over Vallejo grey primer. Cockpit "glass" is Tamiya clear green.

I'm trying to figure out what to get next. I'd really like some quad launchers but I don't want to pay for them. I have two hellforged scorpius I could use in a list with my earthshakers for indirect fire; it's not as fun as rolling 24D6 for number of shots like 6 quad launchers would be, but it would be better than nothing.

I'm wondering if maybe I should look into a larger daemon or daemon character to go with these guys; or maybe a superheavy. The Malcador Defender is available to renegades and looks promising with 7 heavy bolters and a demolisher cannon.

Got some stuff painted. Didn't take pics yet because I have to clean up a bit still.

Thoughts on Vallejo Liquid Gold/Liquid Silver paints.

Holy crap there is so much pigment in these you can literally see it. It covers instantly over anything. You have to stir them about every time you dip a brush in though because the pigment will separate. If you accidently touch your brush to anything you don't want metallic get ready to paint it again. As a result, I have a Renegade Commander who needs new pants, as his are currently bronze colored. The paints run a bit if you have too much on your brush or have too much alcohol mixed with them.

I need to get some new synthetic brushes for these, as all my synthetic brushes are my old worn out brushes, and I don't want to use my good natural brushes with them.

Also got some ogryns based.