I'm done! Many more to paint, another Assault squad has been primed, along with a Dev squad. I've got my foot captain ready to go, and began building my first tactical squad. Before all those, though, I'll finish my melee scout squad. No more vows though, I'm a slow painter and will save a project for the next go around.

Assault Marine Sgt:

med_gallery_101149_13675_54040.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_13375.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_249196.jpg

Beaky marine (yes!) and friend.

med_gallery_101149_13675_84335.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_184115.jpg

The whole squad

med_gallery_101149_13675_326063.jpg

On to the next squad!

Congratulations on your completion! Out of interest, how did you do the yellow?

Here's your reward:

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

I used averland sunset for the base, and then used cassadora (?) yellow all over the helmet. After that I used Yriel yellow to paint in the majority of the helmet, leaving the shade in the recesses. I edge highlighted and finished with a little bit of flash gitz yellow. For the very pale final highlight I used a couple of spot edge highlights with Dorn yellow.

Dorn yellow is a very very pale color so really only good for those spot highlights. Also, as I recall, I stopped using flash gitz as it was almost unnoticeable when using Dorn yellow.

A WIP update as requested:

qC6GwJ3.jpg

Most of them are old models on 25mm bases and then added to new bases to get to the right height so I use milliput to blend where the bases meet a bit.

Not too far off now, I've got most of the base colours in place so it's just a bunch of washing/highlighting and tiny details. Then basing at the end.

ragetosalvation.jpg

Here is where I'm at. A couple weapon options have changed (the sergeants are magnetized) and I switched a missile launcher scout for a converted scout with a sniper rifle (I didn't have the points). I also did an extra plasma gun, lascannon, and sergeant along with putting together my first Captain. I need to get cracking on my Death Company. Hopefully I can finish in time. I've been painting, but doing other units that weren't part of my pledge.

Oh, and for the record these aren't totally finished. Need a few touch ups like the base rims, the eyes need to be done on some of them, and they need decals. Playing in my first ITC since early 6th Edition and I just need to get them table ready for now. I'll swing back and address that other stuff.

<snip>

Didn't wan to spam your post but I really like what you've done. I was considering cream/black or black/red for my captain's cloak. I'm totally going with that khaki/cream look now. Thanks!

NP. I was too lazy to post individual pics so it's a bit long. I love the bone and black. I do it that on all my tabards. It's just Zandri Dust with an Agrax Earthshade wash, and Ushbati Bone highlights.

I would like to declare my vow complete (Vet on far left not part of vow). Taken much longer than hoped (stupid RL getting in the way). With that in mind I'm going to call it a a day here. Thanks to the mods for organizing and running this again.

gallery_72518_11275_394290.jpg

I genuinely have no idea how you've managed to do pristine white models with red in the recess. Well done on a fantastic job and here's your reward:

Hope we see some more of your stuff soon :smile.:

Thanks @Jolemai, The red recesses are just carroburg crimson applied with a fine detail brush nothing fancy. I'll be returning to these guys soon, got two more units to paint then I will have my first 1000 pts of BA

A WIP update as requested:

qC6GwJ3.jpg

Most of them are old models on 25mm bases and then added to new bases to get to the right height so I use milliput to blend where the bases meet a bit.

Not too far off now, I've got most of the base colours in place so it's just a bunch of washing/highlighting and tiny details. Then basing at the end.

Nice looking WIP, but, um... does Seth seem a bit thin/short in that picture? :unsure.:

ragetosalvation.jpg

Here is where I'm at. A couple weapon options have changed (the sergeants are magnetized) and I switched a missile launcher scout for a converted scout with a sniper rifle (I didn't have the points). I also did an extra plasma gun, lascannon, and sergeant along with putting together my first Captain. I need to get cracking on my Death Company. Hopefully I can finish in time. I've been painting, but doing other units that weren't part of my pledge.

Oh, and for the record these aren't totally finished. Need a few touch ups like the base rims, the eyes need to be done on some of them, and they need decals. Playing in my first ITC since early 6th Edition and I just need to get them table ready for now. I'll swing back and address that other stuff.

They are finished when you are happy with them :smile.: Get cracking on with those DC!

One week remains!

Nice looking WIP, but, um... does Seth seem a bit thin/short in that picture? :unsure.:

I was thinking that too. Next to the Tactical Sergeant everything feels smaller, particularly the head, and that Sergeant I'm sure is from an older box from the 90s (hence the 25mm base). He has new arms as I used newer kits to give him new shoulder pads and weapons but the body and head on the Sergeant are the old bits. It's such a difference that Seth almost looks like a child next to him.

I'm used to models like Dante looking smaller as they're based on the old metal sculpts but I'm surprised Seth seems so small as I thought he was a relatively new sculpt. I'm almost tempted to pull off his head and stick a new one on despite his model nearly being done, it really does look so tiny.

Edited by Thoridon

I've just finished my captain tonight after working all weekend on him. Quite happy with the results :smile.: Don't know if I will get good weather to seal it, but will post some photos in the morning when I have better light.

*EDIT* - photos attached! I will be putting grass tufts on the base, but will do this after I spray varnish which will be weather dependent as to when I can do that. So for all intents and purposes, I'm all done.

xNZulmE.jpg

More photos

pSryNxr.jpg

MEEIJJp.jpg

5pI8Q7G.jpgsDDKAVR.jpg

Edited by Mcrat

Thanks! I'm quite a slow painter, but do enjoy the end product when I finally get there. For shading I go with Nuln Oil for the metallics, and recess shadeSeraphim Sepia across the rest of the model. Then when they are dry repeat the process but with Agrax Earthshade across both areas again. I pretty much follow SS82's tutorial step-by-step -

I've just finished my captain tonight after working all weekend on him. Quite happy with the results :smile.: Don't know if I will get good weather to seal it, but will post some photos in the morning when I have better light.

*EDIT* - photos attached! I will be putting grass tufts on the base, but will do this after I spray varnish which will be weather dependent as to when I can do that. So for all intents and purposes, I'm all done.

xNZulmE.jpg

More photos

pSryNxr.jpg

MEEIJJp.jpg

5pI8Q7G.jpgsDDKAVR.jpg

Congratulations on an excellent Captain; it's so smooth! Is that grail done by hand?

You've definitely earned this:

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Three to go folks!

Congratulations on an excellent Captain; it's so smooth! Is that grail done by hand?

Cheers! He wouldn't be finished without this event as motivation so thanks for running it. And the grail is on the transfer sheet from the Dark Imperium box set. Just got lucky that it fit in that spot so well.

xNZulmE.jpg

More photos

pSryNxr.jpg

MEEIJJp.jpg

5pI8Q7G.jpgsDDKAVR.jpg

Lovely work on a lovely model, well done!

"I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Land Raider Phobos and one Damocles Command Rhino on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angles, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame."

Jolemai, finally some progress! It's unprecedented!

The first half of my vow is complete!

"Knowledge is power"

"Power is power", Cersei Lannister

​In the nick of time, the second part of my vow is complete! I saw the days passing and got scared. But thankfully my vow is completed, just at the last moment, almost like the Devastation of Baal...

So, the Land Raider Phobos pattern with Reinforced armour... I forgot when I bought it and left it half painted, probably around 4th or 5th edition... always saw battle half finished, but no more!

Land Raider 1

Land Raider 2

Land Raider 5

Land Raider 4

Land Raider 3

Land Raider 7

By the Blood of Sanguinius!

Edited by Spyros

As the RTS is a casual event, it has a "soft" end date of the 30th November. However, I'm going to be out all day tomorrow...

To ensure everyone has tomorrow evening to do any last minute details, I'll be hard closing the RTS on Friday the 1st December at 1000 UTC (0200 PST, 0400 CST, 0500 EST, 1000 GMT, 1100 CET, 1800 AWST, 1930 ACST, 2000 AEST). Hope you are all done by then!

Edited by Jolemai

2nd vow complete :)

First up, Seth for my Flesh Tearers:

CGwWZYt.jpg

Next up are some very old Terminators (some solid metal, some plastic), double-based to pretend they're taller:

lolUFwU.jpg

And the last squad, another older set (mostly) of Tactical Marines with some newer weapons added and mostly double-based too:

cHk4Ovh.jpg

It's a bit tricky to see the Sergeant's gun as it's taken head on but he has a combi-melta.

I realised I have a bunch of BA chapter symbol transfers in a box but I'm sort of getting used to painting them now.