I was late in the day joining - but have really appreciated the motivation this challenge has given me.

I present my completed vow:

LHTOkSn.jpg

1jyE4Lq.jpg

K80ilFM.jpg

J9HPZoK.jpg

J38lpKh.jpg

You may notice my Fleshtearer's have metallic icons rather than white, I just prefer them this way - feel a bit grittier.

If mod could help with resize that'd be awesome!

Edited by RelentlessPursuit

Loving those FT!

So as I'm busy tomorrow I'm not going to finish (I can already hear you typing, Xenith & Jolemai so save it :rolleyes: ), but hey, it was only ever a cautionary Vow as I had to paint a single Primaris for a club event and Inceptors was all I had... Or I would've done a character or something!

Instead of doing nothing further though I decided to quickly mock up a Plasma Inceptor Conversion using the Dark Imperium models and some Plasma Pistols from the early 2000s!

PEW PEW!

0kvYaRz.jpg

Edited by Charlo

Loving those FT!

So as I'm busy tomorrow I'm not going to finish (I can already hear you typing, Xenith & Jolemai so save it :rolleyes: ), but hey, it was only ever a cautionary Vow as I had to paint a single Primaris for a club event and Inceptors was all I had... Or I would've done a character or something!

Instead of doing nothing further though I decided to quickly mock up a Plasma Inceptor Conversion using the Dark Imperium models and some Plasma Pistols from the early 2000s!

PEW PEW!

0kvYaRz.jpg

I'm offended :ohmy.:

... and besides, I have to say something as I'm running the event :rolleyes: or more accurately, award you the Carceres Ira, to be displayed until your vow is completed (hey, mine only lasted for four years...)

gallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg

Nice conversion though. He'll look swell in your scheme once you've sorted the mould lines :thumbsup:

ragetosalvation.jpg

Here is where I'm at. A couple weapon options have changed (the sergeants are magnetized) and I switched a missile launcher scout for a converted scout with a sniper rifle (I didn't have the points). I also did an extra plasma gun, lascannon, and sergeant along with putting together my first Captain. I need to get cracking on my Death Company. Hopefully I can finish in time. I've been painting, but doing other units that weren't part of my pledge.

Oh, and for the record these aren't totally finished. Need a few touch ups like the base rims, the eyes need to be done on some of them, and they need decals. Playing in my first ITC since early 6th Edition and I just need to get them table ready for now. I'll swing back and address that other stuff.

Are these complete as far as the event goes though?

I'm close. Need to finish the bases and jump packs. Man, Death Company have so many bits and bobs to paint. When exactly does this end?

deathcompany.jpg

Charlo's not a fan of all the bits and bobs on the DC models too (I'm sure there's some more of you out there). All the same, they look good and you're on course to finish in the nick of time :thumbsup:

"I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Land Raider Phobos and one Damocles Command Rhino on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angles, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame."

Jolemai, finally some progress! It's unprecedented!

The first half of my vow is complete!

"Knowledge is power"

"Power is power", Cersei Lannister

​In the nick of time, the second part of my vow is complete! I saw the days passing and got scared. But thankfully my vow is completed, just at the last moment, almost like the Devastation of Baal...

So, the Land Raider Phobos pattern with Reinforced armour... I forgot when I bought it and left it half painted, probably around 4th or 5th edition... always saw battle half finished, but no more!

By the Blood of Sanguinius!

What red is that? It's nice and bright which always holds my interest :) That white interior is still insane too :eek:

The best part is, you've cleared something major off your painting table and got something pretty for your signature:

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Congrats!

2nd vow complete :smile.:

First up, Seth for my Flesh Tearers:

CGwWZYt.jpg

Next up are some very old Terminators (some solid metal, some plastic), double-based to pretend they're taller:

lolUFwU.jpg

And the last squad, another older set (mostly) of Tactical Marines with some newer weapons added and mostly double-based too:

cHk4Ovh.jpg

It's a bit tricky to see the Sergeant's gun as it's taken head on but he has a combi-melta.

I realised I have a bunch of BA chapter symbol transfers in a box but I'm sort of getting used to painting them now.

Double basing old Terminators :thumbsup:

Freehand is looking good and that's actually the first BA gravcannon I've seen... I need to get out more :blush.:

You should be very happy with all of that; a mighty vow too. Here's your reward:

I was late in the day joining - but have really appreciated the motivation this challenge has given me.

I present my completed vow:

Hidden Content

LHTOkSn.jpg

1jyE4Lq.jpg

K80ilFM.jpg

J9HPZoK.jpg

J38lpKh.jpg

You may notice my Fleshtearer's have metallic icons rather than white, I just prefer them this way - feel a bit grittier.

If mod could help with resize that'd be awesome!

Sorry, I don't know how to resize them from imgur...

I think they are really great. First(?) Flesh Tearers Primaris we've seen and they look pretty brutal; the metallic symbol adds to the grittyness alright and I do like the Intercessor Sergeant. Wear your reward with pride:

Edited by Jolemai

What red is that? It's nice and bright which always holds my interest :smile.: That white interior is still insane too :eek:

The best part is, you've cleared something major off your painting table and got something pretty for your signature:

Congrats!

The vehicle was sprayed with Skull White primer, then got a coat of Mechrite Red, then various numbers of layers of Blood Red, and finally Purity Seal satin spray varnish.

Indeed it was time that Raider to leave the table and go to the glass cabinet. Now that this was done, other unbuilt vehicles may now get done in a matter of month/months instead of years... LOL

I find it funny you are so impressed (I don't know if that's it) by the white interior, it was nothing special :smile.:

I 'm glad I made it in time, and for the motivation! And my first badge! Thank you!

Edited by Spyros

The wind stirred as Janos stared down at the carnage below him. Greenskins clashed with the noble warriors of the fifth company. He felt the ever-present thirst within him, calling out for blood, a thirst which could never be quenched.

For a second he thought he saw a figure amongst the howling orks, a figure in power armour in a dull green, bearing a symbol of an all seeing eye. Again and again the power armoured warriors replaced the orks in his vision, and his mind was filled with an indignant need to tear the traitor sons of the fallen Warmaster apart with his bare hand. "Traitors..." He growled underneath his breath.

"Captain?" Asked Vorenus, the company champion his hand resting on Janos's pauldron. The voice of his longtime companion cutting through the phantoms encroaching on his vision.

"Send word for Chaplain Itarus immediately" Janos growled through gritted teeth, visibly shaking at the effort of maintaining a grasp on his failing psyche "And fetch serfs to annoint my armour in black and crimson, I go to join the company of Death..."

That's my way of saying my vow will remain unfulfilled. A mix of work, other commitments, planning a wedding and illness have meant I have not been able to do as much painting as I would have liked. It has however got me painting a lot more than previously so it's not all bad news and I'm going to be try to complete it for a game I've got planned in a couple of weeks. *Shuffles off to prepare his signature to bare a mark of failure and shame*

Vow complete!

However i wanted to upload the photos to my album but theyre to big. Anyone got an easy way to size them down?

MS Paint - I play them onto a desktop from my phone, resize to 25 % and then crop.

PicsArt (for mobile work) - I resize the largest number to 800(which automatically does the other one) and then crop.

Either way, save and then upload to my gallery.

Double basing old Terminators :thumbsup:

Freehand is looking good and that's actually the first BA gravcannon I've seen... I need to get out more :blush.:

Thanks. And I want most of my BA shooty stuff working together within 24" so the grav cannon felt right. I know it's a lot of points but it's not that much more than a missile launcher and the multiple shots allow it to work quite well still on the move.

Of course I put it into play last week before finishing the vow and turn 1 the entire unit got wiped out by a Flyrant triggering the D6 for Smite and then rolling a 6, which means I've still never fired a grav cannon! (This is my first)

Smite is actually tempting me to go up to the full size of 10 rather than sticking with 5-man units.

Finished just in the nick of time Brothers. I have fought back the Black Rage. It wouldn't be like a Blood Angel if redemption didn't come right at the end :wink:

20 Death Company marines completed. I am happy with how they turned out. Especially the blonde hair on the TH guy. That was my first time trying blonde hair. 

DC 1

DC 2

DC 3

DC 4

I'll edit this post with more pics tomorrow, but I am done:

918346_sm-.JPG

Great painting from everybody that just submitted.

I really like this color scheme, especially the dual colored face mask.

My question is, where did you get that chest piece? It looks like its for an Inquisitor. I'd love to get the model so I can convert my own inquisitor.