can i start really small and say i'm going to finish the birthday collectors intercessor sergeant? is that acceptable? it says in his data sheet he can be fielded alone...

(yes, thats how little faith i have in my own ability to get things painted)

Just had to review the Datasheet that came with it and yes, he's fine to use :tu:

Tbh, I'm a little surprised that there's so little Primaris entries so far...

I have so much back log primaris are the lowest thing on my line. They are also super generic, and require too much effort to make them look less vanilla. (My excuses anyway) Plus My goal was to do Emperor's Spears as my primaris army which has fallen off as well...

Doh!

I Blindhamster rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one birthday primaris intercessor veteran sergeant on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

If I do not suck and get it done sooner, I shall increase my vow. But my track record is not good

this was the earliest picture I took, its from 20170916_104952

med_gallery_14877_13354_669362.jpg

Edited by Blindhamster

Doh!

I Blindhamster rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one birthday primaris intercessor veteran sergeant on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

If I do not suck and get it done sooner, I shall increase my vow. But my track record is not good

Vow logged and what better time than now to improve that record? You've got to start somewhere! :)

First time I do this! I guess my old modelling projects need this motivation...

"I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Land Raider Phobos and one Damocles Command Rhino on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angles, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame."

Both vehicles are about 3/4 painter with their weapons of the chassis, and have been like that since time immemorial... :blush.:

Photos will follow as soon as I recover them from the chapter's forge's stasis vaults...

I Mcrat rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Primaris Captain with Power Fist (store anniversary model) on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

I'm the slowest hobbyist in the world so will start with just 1 vow and go from there. If i can get into gear, I've got a Baal Predator waiting to be primed and painted too. 

z9e1L5n.jpg

Edited by Mcrat

"I, Spyros, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Land Raider Phobos and one Damocles Command Rhino on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angles, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame."

Both vehicles are about 3/4 painter with their weapons of the chassis, and have been like that since time immemorial... :blush.:

Photos will follow as soon as I recover them from the chapter's forge's stasis vaults...

As soon as your Techmarines have coaxed some life back into the machines and they aren't so groggy as to pose for photographs, I'll log your vow :tu:

I Mcrat rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Primaris Captain with Power Fist (store anniversary model) on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

I'm the slowest hobbyist in the world so will start with just 1 vow and go from there. If i can get into gear, I've got a Baal Predator waiting to be primed and painted too. 

Start pic please!

I have a lot I need to get painted and while I feel I should be waiting for the codex, sod it...

I Thoridon rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following units on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

-Captain with Combi-Melta and Thunder Hammer

-5-man Assault Squad with 2x Meltagun, -Sergeant Power Fist / Plasma Pistol

-Sanguinary Priest with Power Fist and Storm Bolter

-4x Sanguinary Guard with Power Axes, 2x Inferno Pistols

Efa93kV.jpg

6pXaMvv.jpg

u0ZxV2j.jpg

mt8lYJp.jpg

Edited by Thoridon

Vow complete! :biggrin.: I'm working on assembling my next vow but I think I'll wait until next week as I'm off on holiday in a few days.

med_gallery_27469_12034_76255.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12034_74561.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12034_55961.jpg

sml_gallery_27469_12034_32737.jpg

I won't diverge too much from the thread but my game went badly. Grey Knights are mean! Smite, Vortex of Doom and Gate of Infinity make for one hell of an alpha strike. I lost 1/10th of my army turn one before I could do anything and turn 2 was just as brutal. Still, I got all my models painted for it so I'm pleased with that :thumbsup:

z9e1L5n.jpg

Cheers for the pic, vow logged!

I have a lot I need to get painted and while I feel I should be waiting for the codex, sod it...

I Thoridon rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following units on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

-Captain with Combi-Melta and Thunder Hammer

-5-man Assault Squad with 2x Meltagun, -Sergeant Power Fist / Plasma Pistol

-Sanguinary Priest with Power Fist and Storm Bolter

-4x Sanguinary Guard with Power Axes, 2x Inferno Pistols

Efa93kV.jpg

6pXaMvv.jpg

u0ZxV2j.jpg

mt8lYJp.jpg

Huge vow there, looking forward to seeing it done! As for waiting for the Codex, I can't see any of that being invalidated :thumbsup:

Vow complete! :biggrin.: I'm working on assembling my next vow but I think I'll wait until next week as I'm off on holiday in a few days.

med_gallery_27469_12034_76255.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12034_74561.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12034_55961.jpg

sml_gallery_27469_12034_32737.jpg

I won't diverge too much from the thread but my game went badly. Grey Knights are mean! Smite, Vortex of Doom and Gate of Infinity make for one hell of an alpha strike. I lost 1/10th of my army turn one before I could do anything and turn 2 was just as brutal. Still, I got all my models painted for it so I'm pleased with that :thumbsup:

Congratulations on being the first to complete! Wear your gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg with pride!

Sorry to hear about the game, but at least you had fun(?) and enjoyed using a fully painted army :thumbsup:

Feel free to vow again whenever you want, just remember that if you fail a subsequent vow, you lose your Iratus Dominus!

Updated to here

Three weeks down already, where has the time gone? Still, loads for time to make a pledge and comfortably achieve it :tu:

As always, please check Roll of Honour to make sure I have your vow down correctly. Also I'm waiting on a starting picture from brother_b, Halandaar, and Spyros.

Sorry to hear about the game, but at least you had fun(?) and enjoyed using a fully painted army :thumbsup:

Feel free to vow again whenever you want, just remember that if you fail a subsequent vow, you lose your Iratus Dominus!

Cheers Jolemai! I won't add it to my sig just yet as I intend to vow again :smile.:

Yeah it was great to get all those new models on the table, and I always enjoy throwing a few dice around with mates. It was just a bad match up really, Grey Knights are decent in 8th and my Terminator heavy list (21 in total!) wasn't an ideal challenger.

I will take this opportunity to say good luck to everyone and I'll check back in next week when I'm back :thumbsup:

Huge vow there, looking forward to seeing it done! As for waiting for the Codex, I can't see any of that being invalidated :thumbsup:

I needed to make some progress on my backlog. Hopefully I can finish them soon and make another vow.

As for the Codex I'm not expecting any units to be dropped, and meltaguns for our assault squads was erratad in not too long ago, it's mostly the chapter tactic. Depending on what we get that could influence how I want run things, particularly with the choice of melee weapon if we get some king of strength boost again. Figured I've waited long enough so I'll just paint things now and if I want different weapons when the Codex arrives I'll switch them over then :)

As soon as your Techmarines have coaxed some life back into the machines and they aren't so groggy as to pose for photographs, I'll log your vow :thumbsup:

The vaults are open Jolemai!

Land Raider

Damocles Command Rhino

Frater, I'm going to get in on this eventally. Got the perfect single Captain figure to paint as well, but I have to find enough zeal to finish the 5 terminators for a Heresy project first. That ruleset staying in 7th sapped my will to finish them. I also just need 7 terminators in red to finish my similar 1st company list for the Blood Angels for 8th edition.

But I am watching in the meantime and the progress and updates are inspirational!

WIP!

RTS Vow - tank internals

A spot of tidying needed but I'm pretty much done with the internals.

gallery_62972_9848_24981.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_23578.jpg

Now we have a small conundrum. I painted the doors like I have my Stormraven and plan on having them removable (as one day, this chassis may well end up having sponsons added - long story), so the question is, what colour do I do the outside facing internal doors? No chevrons though...

gallery_62972_9848_50514.jpg

Red? bone? metal? Something else?