Oh yeah, they are brill! You really gotta love those 50's bots.... I'd love to have a whole force of them if I could!!

Well done with the trims and skull fists can we get a better look, view,different angle of those fists by the way?

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ swear filter did crazy stuff to my words ?????... what the?...

Thanks Mithril. I did remember to take a picture of the fists for you. One is a more traditional sneering skull, and the other is more 'ad mech' looking. I could do a better job next time, I admit I wanted to get them on the table pretty bad....

gallery_2760_13476_123582.jpg

I am away on training this week and won't have time for the batrep of the game I just played... plus did an Ultramarine batrep so just lack of time sorry. But I did have some time to work on my first Dragoon and I was very disappointed to see the bigger oval bases in the Sector Imperialis base box is not big enough for Dragoon!

I'm not sure what to do...

gallery_2760_13476_13155.jpg

So as you can see the Dragoon base is under the Imperialis base and there's a big difference. I have no idea what this base is for (it's bigger than a bike base).

Anyway... plugging along.

Thanks for the extra effort on the pics prot, :thumbsup:

hey why don't you just glue the 2 bases together and extend the top one with debris/rubble/martian earth on the sides of the lower one?... (if you have the inclination that is)

cheers, Mithril

Thanks for the extra effort on the pics prot, :thumbsup:

hey why don't you just glue the 2 bases together and extend the top one with debris/rubble/martian earth on the sides of the lower one?... (if you have the inclination that is)

cheers, Mithril

This!

• 1 month later...

Thanks a ton guys. I really appreciate that someone likes this stuff (Emperor knows my wife doesn't!)

Yes the hood is freehand. This guy was so difficult, he reminded me of painting Guiliman. I had to do it pieces and was often frustrated by some of the pieces. Even the lighting was honestly redone multiple times in some parts because I didn't like it at times. 

Thanks for the generous comments. 

Thanks a ton guys. I really appreciate that someone likes this stuff (Emperor knows my wife doesn't!)

Yes the hood is freehand. This guy was so difficult, he reminded me of painting Guiliman. I had to do it pieces and was often frustrated by some of the pieces. Even the lighting was honestly redone multiple times in some parts because I didn't like it at times. 

Truth be told, there's so much awesome on that model. From the color palette to the lightning effects.

My favorite thing though is that skuttling little servitor bug at his feet. Awesome.

I can certainly agree with the sentiment. Working with Cawl is a slightly scary experience since there are so many spindly bits that could snap. I'm reaching the stage where I can probably fix most of the mechadendrites and limbs in place and paint the last few details with my Cawl but I'm still worried about breaking pieces of getting paint in the wrong places. That you built him without snapping any parts is a victory, finishing with a great paintjob is a added bonus. 

Agreed! Guilliman is tough, but Cawl is like painting a house of cards. 

I had him in about 6 or 7 pieces. It was difficult to get him together after painting some of the arms, and making it look natural on the base (he wasn't on the base when I painted him either.)

I watched the Warhammer TV guide and while Duncan was suggesting about 3 sub-assemblies I was practically shouting "How are you doing that?!" at the screen. Here's hoping he does you proud on the tabletop over time. :)

Building an AdMech army is very rewarding IMO because the models are just so impressive and they work in a vast variety of schemes.  I think they look good even for potato painting technique like mine, but in the hands of truly talented folks we get results like this :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I 'took another crack at it', and had a game vs Dark Angels with their newish codex.... So I thought I'd grab a picture. Aside from the Jazz hands, this is most of what I have painted now.

In this picture 1 Onager Dunecrawler, and the Dunestriders are not mine, the rest is.

gallery_2760_13476_414409.jpg