Wow.....only just discovered this cracking stuff.....Teach me your wayssss

Thanks but it’s pretty easy; don’t sleep. Get consumed by your passion. Tell your wife you’re buying four but splitting a box with a friend so it’s like 2 are for free. Then as she’s giving you that look, tell her you’re selling them on eBay but make it a half hearted attempt and fake disappointment as you keep them anyway.

Rinse and repeat when the codex comes out!

I'll second this...

If anyone's interested.... I've been asked a lot (locally and online) how I did my Warglaives.... and keep in mind I did my 4 Warglaives in 7 days.

So I whipped out a very easy to do tutorial on my blog:

How Prot cranked out 4 Knights in 7 Nights

Nice.

Was the wash on the metal a literal 50/50 mix of Agrax + Nuln or one then the other?

Also got any more detail on how you did the panel trim, just the same as the base metal?

That's very kind of you Hermanista but you've done great stuff... don't cut yourself short!

Okay I'm in this phase.... I just did a youtube video of my finished Armigers. I just wish the darn codex would drop! I'm dying to do a Knight army! I just have no idea if I should keep it AdMech aligned or not. (I even note in the video I did not put decals on for this reason)

Aww shucks.

Tbh I'd consider keeping it AdMech aligned simply for the reason that if we get house traits, unless they put in an AdMech house (doubtful) then you can pick and choose instead of doing the slightly rubbish Hawkshroud using Terryn rules for example.

Thanks guys. I have my renegade knight box in progress as well. I think a Chaos Knight House is definitely doable. I have my r3negade box in a state of assembly just waiting for the codex to drop.

• 2 months later...
The US Navy named multiple ships after the volcano, so the name was an obvious suggestion. "Hephaestus" was suggested because that's the Greek name of Vulcan, whose own name forms the root of the word "volcano." "Kilauea" was added so you may diversify the names if you wish so; I tried looking up "Hawaiian volcano god," only to learn this god is a goddess named Pele.

• 1 month later...

More of a "Kill Team" update.

I updated my blog but the only Admech piece is from a challenge I did for myself on finishing this squad, from start to finish, in 2 painting sessions. It took 2.5 sessions! But I'm really glad I did it... only finished one base for the picture, but you get the idea!

admech-challenge-infiltrators.jpg?w=860

Thank you WF.

I really have always enjoyed the army... just they've been in a really hard place this edition... until Knights, which is a different ballgame all together. I had some of these guys laying around, but lost the instructions. I went out and got a second box since I always wanted 10 in my Mars list anyway!

And I decided to go with 'fire brands' on the Infiltrators. My Admech is full of blue/green osl it felt like 'heat' might be a nice change.

So I confess that Kill Team lit the fire under me on these guys. I'm hoping the Infiltrators are good in Kill Team... if anyone has any thoughts on that, I'd appreciate it.

From what I've heard a bit of combat potential works very well in KT. This makes sense as the board is pretty small (even with more vertical movement) and some units are fast so it seems like a case of when not if it happens. So having a unit capable of punching back sounds wise to me - but this is all theory as I don't even have my Skitarii ready for KT (yet). My gut says one or two close combat models, as AdMech should be focusing on shooting.

• 4 months later...

I sold off my Raven House Knights, and started fresh! What a fool I was thinking this would be a minor project.

Anyway I took on 2 Helverins, 2 Kastelans, a Knight Preceptor, and decided I could do it all over the Christmas break.

The twist is I also had to go back to my Wargliaves and redo them as House Taranis (not a huge deal but it's a big to do list.) I also  wanted to finish Dragoons.

The thing I wanted to emphasize was a gritier, used look with lots of streaking, chemical burns, dust, etc on the models. Here's a look:

project-completed.jpg?w=860

am-project-1.jpg?w=860

preceptor-complete1.jpg?w=860

A large picture dump for the curious on my blog: https://prot40k.blog/2019/01/11/mechanicus-knights-hobby-update/