I gave myself the challenge....

Did 4 (magnetized) Armiger Warglaives and finished them yesterday. I had to spend almost every waking moment on them, but they are done:

gallery_2760_11490_96705.jpg

I originally planned to sell them... I'm on the fence now. lol

I have more detailed pics/explanations on my blog if anyone cares to see:

Prot's Warglaives in detail.

This is going to sound terrible but I bought these magnets a long time ago and hardly get to use them. So I’m trying to measure them with a measuring tape for you. Lol

So it looks like 5 mm diameter by about 1 mm deep. You could go deeper but the upper arm will show more magnet than mine. The5mm is the important part. It fits in the weapo housing during assembly like a glove.

I’ll have to update the details on my blog. I’m getting asked this a lot. I feel like an idiot not having a better answer. I hope that helps.

4x2mm magnets in all the joints work amazingly well, you need to do some very minor cutting on the inside of the joints on the guns but after that it's smooth sailing. I put a 5x1mm inside the torso of the armiger that covers the hole there and cut open the top of the hip part (#32) before gluing that in place and put in a 5x8.5mm rod magnet inside the hip, secured with greenstuff so if fits snug with the armiger torso magnet. Both the head+neck combo are 2x1mm magnets and the same goes for the carapace weapons except there I also place a 5x1mm magnet inside the torso underneath the carapace. Hopefully this all makes sense, all in all it's not diificult to do and just works.

I've got blog pics of all the weapons swapped. It's just for future weapon options, so no requirement to snap arms off or anything.

I will say that I did not have to do any cutting of the weapon mounts. The magnet fit right in like it was almost made for that spot. I did cut the 'nub' off the upper arms and simply replaced the nub of plastic with the same magnet that I used in the arms which fit over the missing plastic nub perfectly.

I did it for both for posing purposes and weapon swaps. It seems logical that the standalone armiger kit comes with three different builds to me (we already have one of them here) so that one kit can be used so that all the possible builds would be available simultaneously for the forgebane buyers. What I fear though is that the kit does indeed come with three builds but one of the new ones is amazing and the other one unusable. I do wonder if we'll get new carapace weaapons though.

As far as my magnetising compared to yours Prot, I did have to do some very minor filing but whatever amount you have in mind when I say that, halve it (then probably halve it again haha). I'm sure your version works just as well, if not better, but I can speak for my own. It's very easy, none of the magnets are visible when equipped and whatever weapon option or pose (sans the legs) I have in mind can be accommodated.

with the way the weapon arms screw on, I don't think modifying them after the fact will be too difficult.

I think they're like the regular Knights where the pauldrons prevent you from turning them 90 degrees, though. You could always NOT glue the pauldrons on I suppose. 

Wow.....only just discovered this cracking stuff.....Teach me your wayssss

Thanks but it’s pretty easy; don’t sleep. Get consumed by your passion. Tell your wife you’re buying four but splitting a box with a friend so it’s like 2 are for free. Then as she’s giving you that look, tell her you’re selling them on eBay but make it a half hearted attempt and fake disappointment as you keep them anyway.

Rinse and repeat when the codex comes out!

My worst fear has always been that if I die my girlfriend sells my warhammer for what I TOLD her I paid for it lol

Yes that would be equivalent to a mortal wound to the wallet.

Speaking of which I just got an offer on a pair of my Warglaives, excuse me while I reject it.... only 5 more days and I can tell her ‘ no one wanted them, so I’m keeping them!”

My worst fear has always been that if I die my girlfriend sells my warhammer for what I TOLD her I paid for it lol

Yes that would be equivalent to a mortal wound to the wallet.

Fortunately my wife grants my wallet Feel No Pain since she typically blocks it from taking "wounds" by reminding me how many models I have sitting around the house :ermm: