He even did the cog-dags on the robes :wub:

I want to get mad at you for churning out results like this, but they're so pretty that I just can't.  I'll just take solace that the glow effect (my personal favourite paint detail) you chose is similar to mine (if less potato quality).  :lol:

Thank you... yes the Arquebus is just a place holder. When I finish the second box of start collecting, then I will have the correct plasma dude. I can't see making a squad with Arc rifles.... 

I have been working hard on a squad of Corpuscarii Priests (Jazz hands). With Mars I'd love to get the Strategem off. I think with Astra out the AdMech will cool down a lot but I still see a lot of fun potential I'd like to try out. Priests are a unit I always liked in principle. Maybe they would be best deep striking, but I like the Mars FW too much to deviate so I guess I'll be foot slogging them.

The Jazz hands are going to be 10 men big, then eventually I'll do the Disco Stick variant, but the jazz hands do have flexibility. If there was any way to get their range up to 18" they would have been really auto include imo. I'll see if I can make them work in Mars. :)

Well here we go... it was a labour of love. I wanted the Priests to look good, but have a formula that allowed me to finish the squad in a reasonable amount of time. The way I'm building my core, it looks like I will have a fairly high model count compared to most AdMech players. So I have to be fairly rigid with my painting time lines or I know I won't finish the army.

So without further delay this squad is done:

gallery_2760_13476_355440.jpg

Edited by Prot

Seriously nice.  Your basing stands out as being excellent - makes me realise that mine is similar but has much less depth of colour, and so looks just like a base rather than a floor. 

The really strong highlights on their red robes... i can't tell... is that painted?  Not sure if they are the actual light highlights or painted on. 

Wow!, very fast, efficient and great,

These guys are going to "Generate" a lot of likes ;-)

What I like is your ability to generate a force in a short amount of time, play test it and give valuable feedback to us the community... Win win for you creating the army and us in this forum as well, thanks heaps Prot,I know others will agree with me here, your a great asset to the ad mech forum!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers mithril

Oh no! You're going to spark a whole load of terrible puns with a comment like that! :p

I think those Electro Priests look fantastic. I think it's the robes that I like most. The bright highlights combine with the shading to give them some nice depth.

The really strong highlights on their red robes... i can't tell... is that painted?  Not sure if they are the actual light highlights or painted on. 

Actually yes the OSL is painted. The problem is with the bright lights I used, I can see it's washed out quite a bit. :)

Wow!, very fast, efficient and great,

These guys are going to "Generate" a lot of likes ;-)

What I like is your ability to generate a force in a short amount of time, play test it and give valuable feedback to us the community... Win win for you creating the army and us in this forum as well, thanks heaps Prot,I know others will agree with me here, your a great asset to the ad mech forum!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers mithril

- Thanks mithril! I really appreciate the encouragement. Honestly I'm not sure how far I will go. I did hope for more utility out of the codex. I think the models look great, the background is great, and the more I read of Cawl, the more intrigued I am by him (he's screaming for his own novel series for sure!) I did this as a break from my Ultra's and Chaos. So far I'm enjoying my games, and the last 2-3 games I have not used Cawl. I've had some close games, and my last one was such a brutal pasting I decided not to do a report on it.

The thing I'm finding is it is difficult to get a varied list running to much success. Originally I had conceptualized a very dynamic, Metalica based Skitarii list; heavy on Vanguard, heavy on walkers, backed by Dunecrawlers which are fairly mobile as well. But that ship sailed and the army definitely seems to still function best as a close knit aura based list.

Oh no! You're going to spark a whole load of terrible puns with a comment like that! :tongue.:

I think those Electro Priests look fantastic. I think it's the robes that I like most. The bright highlights combine with the shading to give them some nice depth.

Yea I was really charged up to paint these guys! :rolleyes::down::biggrin.:

Thanks for the kind words!

You need to run a painting studio or something. Your speed which you complete models is astounding without sacrificing quality...it's serious amazing and any board that you grace seriously appreciates the work you produce. A step by step of how you complete your level of painting would be great to see/read!!!!:happy.:

Thank you Prot

Krash

Prot, it doesn't matter how far you take the army, we're just along for the ride. I do know you have a lot of ultras and T-sons and you may be gone soon but we'll just assimilate the data you provide while your here :-).

The battle where you got pasted... Maybe you should write it up, not every battle is a winner and you must've learnt something from the match up?!, plus your battle pics are always so good looking ;-D

Cheers, Mithril

You need to run a painting studio or something. Your speed which you complete models is astounding without sacrificing quality...it's serious amazing and any board that you grace seriously appreciates the work you produce. A step by step of how you complete your level of painting would be great to see/read!!!!:happy.:

Thank you Prot

Krash

That's a huge compliment. Thank you. I have been asked to do some youtube tutorials, and for battle reports I've been asked if I'd be interested in recording them... a friend has approached me with lighting gear and cameras and he really wants to do this. I have shrugged it off, but maybe some day.

Prot, it doesn't matter how far you take the army, we're just along for the ride. I do know you have a lot of ultras and T-sons and you may be gone soon but we'll just assimilate the data you provide while your here :-).

The battle where you got pasted... Maybe you should write it up, not every battle is a winner and you must've learnt something from the match up?!, plus your battle pics are always so good looking ;-D

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks Mithril. I actually did the pasting. I never post batreps where I smoke my opponent. I do post some when I get smoked though. :) I beat up a Terminator based army pretty badly. I wasn't sure what would happen so it was a good learning experience for both of us.

Great work,(as usual)

Looks like you gave him a volkite blaster and a Macrostubber and of course his Omnissian axe.

Cog trim is boss! Fluoro green is awesomesauce

Cannot wait to see the finished army.

Cheers, Mithril

• 2 weeks later...

Go Sniper team! (the rangers are a bit hit and miss with most people,kinda like a Missle launcher,we rely on it to do something at the most crucial time and thus we notice it's failures more often than it's successes but it's not it's fault really...rangers are like that too :blush.:  poor guys get a bad wrap) great stuff paint wise, The Datasmith is probably my favourite single fig from the Ad-Mech line...  don't know why,he's just so well done and i like your OSL on the guys.

Your bases are very well contrasted to your figures,very nice touch.Whats the brown recipe for the rifles if you may?, i always like to know peoples recipes for wood :tongue.:

oh! who's the Squad Alpha?...or did no one want the job?...:laugh.:

Cheers,Mithril

haha i'm plodding away on an Agripinaa squad and a Ryza Icarus and your Nearly finished an army...:blush.:  shame on me! ...:biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

Alright....

Just finished this new box of Kastelans. I wanted to wait til I had the proper stencils for skull fists, and wanted to weather them properly in chemical peel, etc like the Onager Dunecrawler. I really like these guys.

gallery_2760_13476_11738.jpg

gallery_2760_13476_156438.jpg

First pic was for scale then I thought...wait a minute, you finished the Datasmith...get him in there with the boys from the 50's.

It's such a pleasure to do these models fro me, I think I will maybe buy 2 more boxes, so I can field 3 CC bots, or 3 pewpew bots... or both!

Love your work and love the Kastelan kit in general. Those legs are the pinnacle of pose-able legs.

No magnets though?

Thanks.

No magnets... now that I think of it I didn't realize I could make them that versatile....? I put these together a long time ago and I don't recall getting the feeling I was capable of making these that versatile. Did you magnetize them? Do you have any pictures of it?

Love your robits!  The white accents really pop out on these models and you've put in the work to make them look weathered and old.  In particular, the cog patterns on the chestplates is an interesting detail that ties the Kastelans in with your Infantry models.

I used 2 mm for the shoulder weapon, which fits perfectly into the hole.

For the weapon mount, I used 3 mm, but I only managed to perfectly drill one hole in the center on the arms, so would recommend 2 mm on the arm and possibly 3 mm inside the hand.

After putting the magnet on the arm, I put greenstuff into one hand half and put the magnets together, After it dried, I shaved of any GS that got in the way and put a little greenstuff in the other half and glued them together.

Apologizes, but that is the best way I can explain it in English.

Pictures here.

Oh yeah, they are brill! You really gotta love those 50's bots.... I'd love to have a whole force of them if I could!!
Well done with the trims and skull fists can we get a better look, view,different angle of those fists by the way?

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ swear filter did crazy stuff to my words ?????... what the?...

Edited by mithrilforge