Angels of Vengeance - Deathwing

Shinzar

Hi there,

i want to show you my Angels of Vengeance Deathwing:

four years old, never played since last week, i had much fun with it in 8th edition.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Shinzar/Angels%20of%20Vengeance/DW1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Shinzar/Angels%20of%20Vengeance/DW2.jpg

Edited by Shinzar

Very very well painted, man. You nearly make me like the robes no joke :p (I don't like robes) on your knights. What else to say? Your dark green plus the bright white is perfect. This is 10/10 (to me)!

Played a game yesterday with my deathwing, second game in 8th edition with this army, it was so much fun. My small elite force destroyed with 6 LC + 2ML shots the other army. Knights countercharged in turn 3 and took out Khorne Berzerkers and a Prince ^^. Only Khârn was a real problem reaching my lines in turn 4.

I crushed the World Eaters player with the following:

Belial

Deathwing Apothecary

Venerable Dreadnought (LC, HF)

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5) (1AC, 1 TH/SS)

Deathwing Terminator Squad (5) (1 ML, 1 TH/SS)

Deathwing Knights (5) - in the LR

Land Raider

against:

Lord on Bike

DP with wings

2 Rhinos full of Khorne Zerkers + Khârn

Havocs with 2 LC

2 Hellbrutes (LC, MM)

5 Chaos Termis with different weapon options

I will keep you informed how the Angels of Vengeance Deathwing will perform in future battles.

Edited by Shinzar

• 1 month later...

I have a question. (I dunno if I asked it before to you guys)

Would a successor chapter use the Same symbols for Ravenwing and Deathwing as the Parent chapter? (Dark Angels in this case)

Also great looking Angels of Vengeance!

Edited by Sete

Would a successor chapter use the Same symbols for Ravenwing and Deathwing as the Parent chapter? (Dark Angels in this case)

I believe it depends on the successor's traditions: some are noted to bear different names(and presumably symbols), but carry out the same function.

It's your army in the end, so you do whatever pleases you. From practical standpoint, the kits mostly hvae the iconography baked in and scratch building planes to match DA index or filing out the iconography just because you do not want it is in my opinion waste of time and resources. Especially since the models are sooo beautiful. 

As far as I can tell the way people go about it (me included) is that we keep some amount of bling that makes sense to us and change the colours to whatever suits our (successor) chapter colours.

The argument towards it is that we are Unforgiven in the end, a legion collection of chapters that in the end all report to Supreme Grand Master Azrael. This is the specific of Dark Angels - while there are successors etc, in the end they work together closely and share the same secret. This in my opinion allows the fluff for having original Dark Angel iconography, as for me the traditions are shared throughout the Unforgiven.

Both the Deathwing and Ravenwing date back to the Legion so there is also that precedent that each successor preserve some element of those great formations from the Great Crusade. Be it the Broken Sword of the Deathwing or the Flying Sword of the Ravenwing. But as they are not firmly established by GW, there is plenty of room for artistic license by the owner. 

Sorry for the thread Hijack! Thanks for answers guys! 

No problem, i was asking the same questions myself ^^.

A pic of my scratchbuild Chaplain and Apothecarius (i need a better cam):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Shinzar/Angels%20of%20Vengeance/IMG_20171106_183225_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/Shinzar/Angels%20of%20Vengeance/IMG_20171106_183123_1.jpg