Arik Taranis

b1soul

The High Lords would have to take special measures to keep the Thunder Warriors in check...they're like late GC World Eaters (or possibly even more psychotic)

Perhaps Arik's efforts at the end of Outcast Dead manages to partially stabilise the TW mentally and physically

was it proven beyond a doubt that the TW were actually unstable? is it possible that was just propaganda? i glossed over a lot of outcast dead so i don't really recall...

The High Lords would have to take special measures to keep the Thunder Warriors in check...they're like late GC World Eaters (or possibly even more psychotic)

Perhaps Arik's efforts at the end of Outcast Dead manages to partially stabilise the TW mentally and physically

was it proven beyond a doubt that the TW were actually unstable? is it possible that was just propaganda? i glossed over a lot of outcast dead so i don't really recall...

They were unstable - it's not propagande - they were made to die by the end of the Unification wars. By their creator The Emperor himself.

Yeah...it's current canon

I believe FW confirms as well

Indeed - it mentioned in 2 books of 6.

think of the insane missions they would go on just because they don't know if they will be found out tomorrow.

Point is - at the time Thunder Warriors did not knew about their 'term of use' or 'expiration date' :wink:  In other case their creator would have gotten himself a big nasty rebellion

They were unstable - it's not propagande - they were made to die by the end of the Unification wars. By their creator The Emperor himself.

Yeah...it's current canon

I believe FW confirms as well

Indeed - it mentioned in 2 books of 6.

think of the insane missions they would go on just because they don't know if they will be found out tomorrow.

Point is - at the time Thunder Warriors did not knew about their 'term of use' or 'expiration date' :wink:  In other case their creator would have gotten himself a big nasty rebellion

i am talking about mid heresy TW 

Coded to die reminds of Blade Runner .

Same here, but I'm not sure it's exactly the same thing.

Replicants had a "die-by" date hardcoded into them by the Tyrell Corporation. Thunder Warriors, on the other hand, seem more like the victims of a process with detrimental and lethal side effects for the recipient.

Think about the side effects commonly associated with anabolic steroids: acne, hair loss, liver, kidney, and heart disease, as well as altered moods. These weren't things those drugs' designers intended; they were simply more focused on improved performance than they were on how their product might otherwise negatively affect the user. The Emperor almost certainly knew that the augmentation process for his Thunder Warriors would be lethal in the long-term, but I'm not sure he went out of his way to make it so. The Thunder Warriors were an interim solution, after all, meant to gain him control of (most of) Terra, and thus the resources needed for him to proceed with the Primarch and Legiones Astartes projects. Adding contingencies to make them obsolete/die off would imply their process was good to begin with.

Coded to die reminds of Blade Runner .

Replicants had a "die-by" date hardcoded into them by the Tyrell Corporation. Thunder Warriors, on the other hand, seem more like the victims of a process with detrimental and lethal side effects for the recipient.

Think about the side effects commonly associated with anabolic steroids: acne, hair loss, liver, kidney, and heart disease, as well as altered moods. The Emperor almost certainly knew that the augmentation process for his Thunder Warriors would be lethal in the long-term, but I'm not sure he went out of his way to make it so.

I agree. it seems unlikely the Emp would purposefully insert physical instability into the formula

As a counter theory...

Before rapid cellular deterioration kicks in, TW are more aggressive, more durable, stronger than SM

Their drawbacks would be monstrous appearance, extreme bloodlust, and lack of professional discipline.

I suppose the TW would be a PR nightmare and easily targeted by enemy propaganda...SM much less so.

Perhaps the Emp couldn't fix the monstrous appearance and hyper-aggression at the time, and inserted physical instability as a way to facilitate disposal of these flawed TW once he solved the problems. Ultimately, the solution reached was the SM

Negative. Primaris marines are in development and training in 30k. Cawl is doing it right "now"

I don't think this is correct. It's unlikely Belisarius Cawl was asked to launch the Primaris Project until after the Emperor's incarceration on the Golden Throne, when Guilliman has sufficient power as Lord Commander of the Imperium to authorise it along with breaking up the Legions and imposing the Codex Astartes on the resulting chapters.

The initial batch of Primaris Space Marines were recruited in M31, but after the war of the Horus Heresy itself - and presumably not until the Legions/chapters started to rebuild in earnest to the degree that they could accomodate the diversion of a proportion of their recruits.

Negative. Primaris marines are in development and training in 30k. Cawl is doing it right "now"

I don't think this is correct. It's unlikely Belisarius Cawl was asked to launch the Primaris Project until after the Emperor's incarceration on the Golden Throne, when Guilliman has sufficient power as Lord Commander of the Imperium to authorise it along with breaking up the Legions and imposing the Codex Astartes on the resulting chapters.

The initial batch of Primaris Space Marines were recruited in M31, but after the war of the Horus Heresy itself - and presumably not until the Legions/chapters started to rebuild in earnest to the degree that they could accomodate the diversion of a proportion of their recruits.

Fine! Reply with sensible logic. Be like that.

See if I care!

;)

If I remember correctly, he had successfully cloned the Progenoid gland he managed to pinch in Outcast Dead. Which if that is to go by, he would have successfully managed to create clones of the Thunder Warriors if he implants them into Ghota and himself. Providing he manages to bypass problems lacking some of the other organs, and they have larraman's, or something similar. 

However, there is a matter of time for the Progenoid to form another, and then there is the matter of implantation in newer recruits, so if it is the case they have secured a way to create more. And it certainly does not mean that in a legitimate way, there will be a force of Thunder Warriors during the Siege. 

Without a doubt he will manage to fix the whole degeneration problem and he will be able to create more Thunder warriors. Unfortunately, if he is going to come in during the heresy series, it would be about Fabius Bile using the techniques for his own gain during the actual siege, or they will become antagonists in another book and be wiped out by a loyalist force prior to the siege, perhaps a custodes kill force to appease the custodes players and fans.

I think that the likely options though are:

• Nothing happens with the story
  • They get destroyed in a short story
  • They grow to become a faction of Thunder Warriors during the scouring, which results in a brawl on Terra whilst the Legions are off hunting

Ghota was actually one of my favourites in the book in line with Tagore, even though he did not get much of a showing. I really hope we see more.

Arik is sitting on a bar when cawl walks in.

"What do you want you toaster on wheels"

"0101010101000111010101010"

".....Guilliman needs better space marines"

"010110100100010100111001"

"Fine......only if i can name them"

"0100101....??"

"Stormcast Eternals, for the legacy of the Thunder warriors!"

"1.........0"

"Fine, just nothing mathamatical, like the "primaris" marines"

"10100110101011010010101!!!!!!!!"

"I said NOT mathamatical!.

*confused screaming*

8th edition launches.

Arik taranis goes back in time to escape the problems he has causes. Becomes Vanus heldenhammer.

If I remember correctly, he had successfully cloned the Progenoid gland he managed to pinch in Outcast Dead. Which if that is to go by, he would have successfully managed to create clones of the Thunder Warriors if he implants them into Ghota and himself. Providing he manages to bypass problems lacking some of the other organs, and they have larraman's, or something similar. 

However, there is a matter of time for the Progenoid to form another, and then there is the matter of implantation in newer recruits, so if it is the case they have secured a way to create more. And it certainly does not mean that in a legitimate way, there will be a force of Thunder Warriors during the Siege. 

Without a doubt he will manage to fix the whole degeneration problem and he will be able to create more Thunder warriors. Unfortunately, if he is going to come in during the heresy series, it would be about Fabius Bile using the techniques for his own gain during the actual siege, or they will become antagonists in another book and be wiped out by a loyalist force prior to the siege, perhaps a custodes kill force to appease the custodes players and fans.

I think that the likely options though are:

• Nothing happens with the story
  • They get destroyed in a short story
  • They grow to become a faction of Thunder Warriors during the scouring, which results in a brawl on Terra whilst the Legions are off hunting

Ghota was actually one of my favourites in the book in line with Tagore, even though he did not get much of a showing. I really hope we see more.

or he is on the verge of being able to make more when Horus turns up, so he and Ghota (and  whoever else may of survived and become part of his band) go out in a blaze of glory fighting daemons and shii.

with a lil post-story scene of Bile getting his hands on some of Arik's facilities and research 

But they are not yet 'vet-born' to kill Taranis or ask him about the daddy issues :wink:

I wonder if Arik has anything to do with the Primarii

They could actually do a fint - Arik the Primogenitor of the Primaris marines :wink: