WarriorFish's Evil Space Elves

WarriorFish

On the odd chance that I'm understanding your dilemma here is how I approached this. I'm running four Kabals ( not all at the same time ) and thought to roughly align the Wyche Cults as follows:

Black Heart -- Cult of Strife (Share the basic Armour colors and thus they can share BH Transports.)

Obsidian Rose -- Blade Denied (Again - they share the same armour colors)

Poisoned Tongue -- Cursed Blade (Ditto)

Flayed Skull -- Red Grief ( etc )

Hope this makes some sense ?

Thanks Grim, I do complicate it a bit by being a staunch DIYer though. It may be I can neatly align transports to squads for colours but since I tend to chop and change my lists so much it may not work in the long run. It's mostly me being a purist for my armies I know :tongue.:

I'll see how it goes, I'll slot in transports for my Wyche Cult to start with I expect as they need them the most. Then when my Warriors keep getting blasted off the board before they can do anything I can decide what I'm doing for the Kabal transports :laugh.:

Let us know what models you have and maybe we can concoct a few good lists at different points values. As for obsidian rose. My favorite . Models are looking great. And it's funny, I got 3 of my 10 man warrior units last night and started adding more paint to them.

Good to hear, don't forget to update us with pictures of progress :tu: I might not get much free time this weekend further than to finish the Warriors but I'll try and make my list of kits I've collected over the years. It seems now is the time to finally start paying this debt :lol:

Made good progress on the Warriors, they only have a few more things left now :smile.:

gallery_30308_13718_12016.jpg

Chief amongst these is one last colour decision for the runes, bracelets, rings, and thorns. I don't think more silver is the right choice so I'm leaning towards a darker bronze however I'm not sure. Any ideas for what would be best?

Ended up going for a light bronze colour which was for the best I think, doesn't stand out too much or clash:

gallery_30308_13718_140432.jpg

Aside from the banner they're done :smile.: Other than wanting to come back to the banner when I have a better idea of what I want to do with it, it's almost certainly going to break as it's a bit weak at the base. May as well see how easy it'll be to fix and paint then right? :tongue.:

Next up the Wyches, I'll need to replace a couple of arms at least after flimsy weapons got broke but I should have plenty spare I hope as I have at least another box. The time this takes may be necessary as I decide on colours... bright orange is still ahead I feel (assuming I have one?) but I'm wondering if something else might be the ticket? Other than something bright/high contrast I'm not really sure yet.

I've already checked for pinning and it's very thin - I don't have any drill that small. Or pins. Or anything that small really :tongue.: I might have to make do with a bit of superglue and hoping for the best but we'll see.

I am thinking about a light blue more, Lothern Blue specifically, the only question is if it might clash with the silver and its blue. I don't think it should be an issue especially with the black under armour to help contrast? I have also pondered white, but maybe that's too much contrast :laugh.:

Managed to get the Wyches sorted and primed:

gallery_30308_13718_77595.jpg

They turned out a bit better than the Warriors from the stripping, not sure why. Only two combat weapon arms were broken and the box had replacements and choice at that. One that needed sticking back on the base (rear second from left) was achieved by combining the foot with a skull for a secure fix, so overall a good result.

I think I'm set on a light blue colour scheme for them, Lothern Blue with the diluted blue wash replacing the diluted Agrax on the bone. I'll pick a model as the test and see how it goes :thumbsup:

Once these are done I just need to paint the old metal Succubus and the repaint is complete and I can start on new models (lost Raider aside). Her glaive did break so I might take the opportunity for a different build as I'm pretty sure the plastic Succubus comes with a glaive also?

Looking forward to a Wyches test mini WarriorFish!

You're building up steam with these now I like it. I'm looking forward to my Alai-Toc starting a new vendetta against them like your Sunder and my Black Legion already share!

BCC

They can argue over who wears blue best. We know it's the Wyches though, right? :P I need to double check GW's models so I have a good idea what should be the blue and black and go from there, but I hope to start on the test model tonight - if not tomorrow. So I should have something to report back soon :)

Got the test first model to completion:

gallery_30308_13718_199755.jpg

I think the blue works well, not too bright but stands out. Here's a side by side for the Kabal and Cult colours:

gallery_30308_13718_77580.jpg

With all the details and different weapons etc I was thinking they'd be more work, but thanks to the established scheme bits it seems to have been the opposite :smile.: As the silver and blue share the same wash I can paint them all up first and once the blue wash is applied most of the model is there. Should be able to complete the squad fairly quickly and move on to the Succubus soon.

I'll see about the glaive and possible alternatives to go along with the agoniser, I should find the plastic Succubus too to help decide also. Speaking of I should find time for that planned stock of kits so I can properly plan out my next moves. Part of me doesn't want the hassle of finding them all... the other part doesn't want to know how much I have to do :laugh.:

I've checked the collection and it's not as bad as I thought:

HQ

1 Succubus +1 repair/repaint
1 Archon
1 Lelith

1 Drazhar

TROOP

8 Warriors +1 built and primed white

ELITE
5 Mandrakes
10 Incubi (half new)

1 Medusae

1 Ur-Ghul

FAST ATTACK

10 Scourges +5 built and primed white

5 Helions

3 Reavers

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 Talos

TRANSPORT
2 Venoms
1 Raider +0 lost to time...

FLYER

1 Razorwing

I did say I liked Scourges :laugh.: On the other hand, I've only got one Talos. Or perhaps I misremembered due to very much wanting a second. It was a long time ago and arguably doesn't matter. For a complete record here is what is painted:

1 Lhamean

1 Sslyth

5 Mandrakes

11 Warriors

1 Wych

Plus the 9 Wyches currently being painted of course. So not the worst army backlog in the World :tongue.: Makes for a decent collection so I won't need much more to flesh out some lists :smile.: Come to think of it, I was sure I had a Ravager too. I will need a proper look when I have a bit more time to sort the mountain out...

edit: forgot the tester Warrior, list corrected!

Edited by WarriorFish

Thanks guys, this topic has been great for helping me turn my ideas into working paint schemes so it's not just me :wink: Makes me think about what colour I could do for the Coven, though from what I know there's not a great deal of places for it on their models? Mostly the larger ones I think but I'll work on that closer to the time.

I've progressed on the Wyches some more, they're about ready for their wash which I plan to complete tonight so well on course for completion this weekend :smile.: So as the Succubus is coming up soon I need to sort what I'm doing with her. I think I'd like to keep the agoniser so I need to decide on her left arm, any suggestions for build? Maybe she could be a cheaper basic build, or a fancier one as the plastic will almost certainly be glaive?

Pictures could be better, but the Wyches are done :smile.:

gallery_30308_13718_184622.jpg

I'll fill the slot bases in the future to make sure that the texture paint goes on better, next up is the Succubus. I'll need to decide what I'm doing with her first so there might be a bit of a delay but as I'm so close to finishing the repaint the plan is soon hopefully.