WarriorFish's Evil Space Elves

WarriorFish

Thanks! I think it was the right choice, with the hair and green etc they feel like the right mix between the same and different :smile.: I'm still pondering weapons for the Succubus but I'm feeling like doing a couple of characters after my current project is done (Rubrics), give me something to focus on as a change of pace to basic infantry :D Plus this will suit my dwindling hobby supplies, I think I need to take the plunge and order new sprays before it becomes a bigger hindrance.

With the price increase next month hitting some essential DE kits I thought it wise to deploy my reserves to avoid it - helps that I've been saving money on commute costs the past couple of months :tongue.: Two Raiders and 20 Kabalite Warriors have been secured, this should form a good core to get my lists going :smile.: It will also keep me busy :laugh.:

Once the Succubus is done I should get to work on the Warriors I have - when I get my new spray paints that is, I'm not priming much until then :tongue.:

Glad you got them before increase. Unfortunately I believe they've finally pushed me out. I bought Drazhar yesterday, it's my birthday so, but $40, whew. Glad I have a huge craftworld, DE and harlequin forces as well as sisters, GK, necrons, CSM and Deathwing. They're pricing themselves up so much I just can't do it anymore. But I'm content with what I have so that helps along with my 5 AoS armies.

Can't wait to see yours.

• 2 months later...

Back to my DE again, finally finished assembling the Warriors:

gallery_30308_13718_74447.jpg

It has been a long time so I'm not quite sure if the box doesn't have enough splinter rifles or maybe some got lost. Thanks to extras in the defunct Raider box I could cobble enough together - the Sybarite has a carbine but they're similar enough and with the power pose to distract I reckon nobody will notice :tongue.:

I did look at the metal Succubus but options are rather limited as her glaive is broken and that seems the main weapon for them. I have spare Wyche weapons though, is it worth considering arming her with a set of them?

The carbine is very cool, I'm always appreciative of a power pose :yes:

The Succubus is a bit of a weird one for me, on the one hand they should be combat monsters that the enemy are scared to fight but in reality they're not that great without warlord traits or relics.

I usually just run them with a blast pistol (they dropped by 5 points, woo!) and Archite glaive as it's free. It really depends on what you want them to kill, for example if you want to kil tankier stuff (anything in power armour) the Archite glaive is a decent choice and the relic Blood Glaive is great for some higher damage potential and no minus to hit.

The Shardnet and impailer are sort of an underdog imo, the only downside is the strength is user and the AP is quite low. Damage 2 is always a plus for me, the shardnet rule making No Escape for the enemy rolled on a D3 is great when catching the backline stuff.

Razorflails and Hydra Gauntlets are very similar and really these are only for if you want to blitz low toughness/save infantry

Thanks TC, it does feel a bit of a problem where DE aren't struggling for chaff clearing but the Wyche weapons seem to be geared towards that so it feels a waste on a Succubus :confused: I was thinking about a blast pistol but perhaps as this is the metal it might be nice to keep the whip? Maybe I can try some magnetising on the plastic model for weapon load outs I think I still have some 2x1mm ones.

I think I'll take another look at if I can repair the glaive, free is hard to pass up especially when the alternatives aren't radically different :tongue.: Succubus models always seem to have the glaive so it feels appropriate, but that could well be because the alternate options aren't that different or great so that's the real reason you don't see them...

That said it'd look pretty cool. This feels like the grand decision over paint schemes all over again :laugh.: I suppose that with Lelith and two Succubus models I have the options to play with as I'm unlikely to use all three in a list?

Small interlude as I wait for priming weather, as I had the Milliput out for filling bases I did the same for the spare legs I have:

gallery_30308_13718_46952.jpg

Hopefully I can scrounge 6 spare Wyche torsos from vehicle sprues :P I'm assuming that the Venom is the only place I'll find them, so as I have two that should be four :) Hoping to prime the Warriors this weekend and start getting paint on them :tu:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wych weapons are not the way to go on Succubus.  Sad, but true.  Impaler/Shardnet, maybe, if you want to try to trap infantry.  

If you can't repair the metal glaive, maybe consider chopping the head off and attaching to the gaffing hook pike that comes with the Raider crew.  Alternatively, i have a spare metal glaive if you don't mind waiting a dog's age for the cheapest possible shipping.

I do recommend the plastic Succubus.  Much more dynamic pose, better body proportions.  Modern plastic is much easier to work with than metal.

Thanks Snazzy, I feared as much but oh well. The glaive is classic and does look cool and this model is last on my DE debts to be paid after the Kabalites above so she's coming up. I would much prefer the plastic but there was no such thing when I got her :tongue.: I'll get round to my plastic one in time, I'm being good and doing the metal first :smile.:

If you don't mind sending the bit I can't say no, let me know via PM (no obligation!). I am keen to get a decent Cult contingent for my DE as I apparently have an unwise preference for close combat armies... :ermm: Once my nid goal is complete this month I'll be back here on my DE, once the Warriors are done I reckon the six weapon Wyches and Succubus should be a good way to make up for lost time :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Good to be back to my Warriors again and all the more so as I'm very nearly there with them:

gallery_30308_13718_3516.jpg

Just a few last bits remaining so I'm on course for finishing them soon :smile.: After this I'm getting some random one off models done for something very different and a break from my projects, though I'm pretty sure I can find a single DE model somewhere to join in :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...