Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

brettfp's Kult of Speed - Waaagh Sparktoof (Update Feb 21)

Orks Speed Freaks Conversion WIP

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Smoke Frog

Smoke Frog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

That is a really nice Iron-ork conversion! Love his power armor.

• brettfp likes this

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 866 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Great work on the 'naut, very hard to put any movement in them and I think you managed it well. Poor gunner being blue screened and all.

• brettfp likes this

My B&C WIP Thread is this one (but more pictures generally end up on the blog).

banner_bc.jpg  

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

0HlMLTX.jpg

"Da Wazbanga"

Few things can distract Warboss Sparktoof from his endless hunt. One thing that always does is “Da Great Gorkanaut Race of Zagnarok”. More of a deadly assault course than a race, it's designed to push pilots to their limits. It was at this event that Sparktoof first met the Gorkanaut pilot Wazbanga,. Five time Zagnarok Champion, Wazbanga was a fan favourite with his egotistically named Gorkanaut “Da Wazbanga”. To the dismay of many though, after meeting Sparktoof and hearing of his Waaagh, Wazbanga instantly retired from racing to join Sparktoff on his quest for “Da Big One”.

Charging into battle flying the checkered flag from his final race, Wazbanga is a fierce pilot and deeply protective of his vehicle. Every dint and scratch made by the enemy is seen as a personal attack on him. The last time “Da Wazbanga” was rendered immobile, Wazbanga could be seen charging an entrenched Imperial gunline with his Big Choppa screaming “You're gonna pay for that you miserable little gits!”

++++++++

wKHIrGm.jpg

So yeah, I finally finished my Gorkanaut. Really stoked about how it came out in the end. With the big exhausts, red paint job, flames and racing stripes I think it would go like the clappers and perfect for my Speed Freak army smile.png

I had a lot of fun adding all the little details!

When I was about 90% done I decided I needed a change of pace and went back to building, So I started on a Trukk

cEopcPP.jpg

I'm going for a jalopie tow truck feel...with the bullbar from Immortan Joe's ride in Fury Road
Then I realised I don't have anyone to put in it. (My burnas will go in the battlewagon) So I made a start on some boyz

YU1A2dO.jpg

I've been hesistant on making boyz as they don't really suit the theme of my army, but I have enough bits now that I can try my hand at some more 'wastelander-y' boyz. I think they're coming along ok.

My wife said the Nob looks like Bane so I figured I'd lean into it and gave his mask straps to make him even more like Bane

I also made another Big Mek
AjhVgcV.jpg

As awlays, C&C much appreciated!! smile.png

Very nice start on the Gorkanaut. I'm loving the BSOD on the gun arm. You're making me want to get started on the Morkanaut left undercoated in a box somewhere. smile.png

Thanks. You should, it is both a fun and annoying kit to paint :)

Finished my stormboyz finally! smile.png

The one with the scarf on his face and the slugga looks so gangsta! cool.pngtongue.png
Thanks for noticing, that was kinda the idea, it's why his gun is tilted a bit

That is a really nice Iron-ork conversion! Love his power armor.

Thanks, It's one of my favourites :)

Great work on the 'naut, very hard to put any movement in them and I think you managed it well. Poor gunner being blue screened and all.

Thanks, I did my best, you could probably get more movement, but that's about the maximum without major surgery :)

Edited by brettfp, 09 January 2018 - 08:57 AM.

• deathspectersgt7, Brother Handro and Thousand Eyes like this

Creepy Chaos Stuff - Mechanical Daemons & Death Guard

Waaagh Sparktoof - Kult of Speed Orks

The Carnival of Rot - Circus themed Nurgle kill team (SW:A)

My Savlar Chem Dogs WIP - 'Cry Havok and let slip the Chem Dogs of war!'

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10273.pnggallery_30308_9518_1334.png

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Quick update

I made another 5 boyz

aiMlOBn.jpg

I had fun making kustom sluggas for them.

and finished the trukk "Da Scrap Grabba"

t94gqSC.jpg

thoughts?

• Brother Casman, Kierdale, deathspectersgt7 and 1 other like this

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10273.pnggallery_30308_9518_1334.png

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 951 posts

That's a nice Trukk you have there. The suspension you've made is a particularly nice detail that would be easy to overlook. I like the enclosed cab as well, it looks pretty mean. With the crane on the back it would have been awesome for playing Gorkamorka back in the day. :)

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

ckCSvAq.jpg

Beg Mek Skrapgut & Mud

Skrapgut and Sparktoof had been good friends since they were young, but over time they became separated. Years later their path crossed when Skrapgut was working for Warboss Gordakka, who even by Ork standards was a cruel ruler. All Skrapgut wanted to do was invent new custom vehicles, but was being kept like a slave, relegated to fixing weapons. Sparktoof could see the potential in his old friend and knew his talents were being wasted. He challenged Gordakka for Skrapgut's freedom, saying he could beat any of Gordakkas riders in a race. Gordakka accepted.

Sparktoof easily won the race and Gordakka reluctantly allowed Skrapgut to go with him. As they left Sparktoof turned to Skrapgut

“Wot 'ave you always wanted ta build?”

“Well” said Skrapgut, scratching his chin. “I's 'ad dis idea of a Mek Shop...but on wheels”

“Ha!” Sparktoof smiled “You betta get started den”

+++++

So yeah finally finished my Big Mek

U9OewQJ.jpg

I decided to give him hi-vis overalls, thought it would be funny :)

I'm really happy with the oil stains on his hands and just how colourful he is

I also gave him a grot oiler i'm calling "Mud"

Yr5BucT.jpg

Someone on a different forum asked for better shots of the trukk cab, figured i'd put them here too

Z78SqLb.jpg

Thoughts?

That's a nice Trukk you have there. The suspension you've made is a particularly nice detail that would be easy to overlook. I like the enclosed cab as well, it looks pretty mean. With the crane on the back it would have been awesome for playing Gorkamorka back in the day. smile.png

Thnaks, I was wondering if anyone would notice that :) The springs came form an old pen

• Brother Handro likes this

Machine God

Machine God

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,157 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Very nice trucks there Brettfp.

Congratulations on attaining your Konversion badge!

• brettfp likes this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Finished painting 'Skrap Grabba'

7dps5bG.jpg

I'm liking this, I used it for the first time last week, did it's job, got my burnas in to range before being blown up! :)

Also started on 2 more stormboyz

FSv8Qeq.jpg

Guy with meat cleaver and Dr. Strangelove :)

Just need to think of 3 more fun conversions...

Thoughts?

Very nice trucks there Brettfp.

Congratulations on attaining your Konversion badge!

Thanks and thanks! :)

• Brother Casman, deathspectersgt7 and Tallarn Commander like this

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Made 2 more Stormboyz

WJ2C4Kf.jpg

I've realise that my favourite thing with converting orks has been making kustom sluggas. here's a close up of my favourite one so far

BfBfzKq.jpg

Really happy with the sleak line of it, not sure it's orky but I like it.

I also made 2 more Boyz, again with kustom sluggas

T83D55L.jpg

I mostly made these 2 because my local GW's 40k league recently went from using power points to using normal points so these 2 will let me use a trukk of Boyz at full capacity :)

And also started on my next set of 3 Biker Nobs from each Klan, here's the Goff Nob

aO0J7ud.jpg

Thoughts?

• Brother Casman, deathspectersgt7, walter h and 1 other like this

Code 187

Code 187

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels 3rd Company
Really enjoyed looking at your mob. The imagination you show is amazing. Particular fan of the snakebite Nob and Cyboar-sheer Orks madness.

Gives me plenty to think about with my own horde which I'm part way through painting up.
  • brettfp likes this
QUOTE (Firedrake28 @ Jul 6 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say my favorite moment was Raven Guard turn 3, where basically the entire army forms a firing squad and guns down Mephiston because it takes an entire army's firepower to take him down. Hilarity.

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 399 posts
I love the mace on the boy in the mask!
  • brettfp likes this

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpgETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_01a.jpg

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,139 posts

This is an inspiring thread. Man I love the idea of Orks so much! That one Orks dual-wielding big shootas looks like he is having so much fun! ^_^

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Finished the mobile mek shop

d7CzCWl.jpg

Put a lot of work into this, lot of detail going on! really happy with the end result. A lot of stuff changed with my idea as i built it. 

The grot with the Hat is called 'Da Sargent', his job is to man the rear big shoota and make sure the line for the mek shop doesn't get to unruly. He's the only grot the orks respect/listen to because they know if they don't they'll have to answer to Big Mek Skrapgut :)

Thoughts?

Really enjoyed looking at your mob. The imagination you show is amazing. Particular fan of the snakebite Nob and Cyboar-sheer Orks madness.

Gives me plenty to think about with my own horde which I'm part way through painting up.

Thanks, The snakebite is one of my favourites too! :)

Do you have a link to your orks?

I love the mace on the boy in the mask!

Thanks, the mace is from the Biker kit :)

This is an inspiring thread. Man I love the idea of Orks so much! That one Orks dual-wielding big shootas looks like he is having so much fun! happy.png

Thanks. I hope to inspire! :) Yeah, I can't imagine many things more fun for an ork than TWO big shootas!

• Flame Boy and Brother Casman like this

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,067 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
That turned out amazing! The signs, the bike chassis, the dakka, the gubbins, the klaw! Very well done! :D

Edited by Brother Casman, 21 February 2018 - 03:20 PM.

• brettfp likes this
Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Everything is complete!

"Sometimes the Imperium needs heroes, sometimes saints and other times it needs monsters, for the dark void of the stars is cold and has bred nightmare and treachery most could never dream of. So when some call him tyrant, world-burner, apostate and butcher, remember this: He commanded armies on a hundred worlds and spanned cursed stars where saints would fear to tread, and in doing so held back the night. Monster he may have been, but he was ours and I for one thank the God-Emperor for him." - Inquistor Marr, Speaking of Lord-Errant Cromhal, Supreme Commander of the Aegisine Crusade, M.39

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,139 posts

This is all looking great! Don't forget that you can add a Grot spitting fuel into one of the engines. ^_^

• brettfp likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orks, Speed Freaks, Conversion, WIP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users