brettfp's Kult of Speed - Waaagh Sparktoof (Update Nov 6)

brettfp

I'm loving the buggy. It looks pretty mean. Are you still going to be adding things to the back? It looks like the pole is a mount for a gun to be added in the future.

Thanks. You're correct! It is a gun mount. If you scroll back a few posts you'll see it assembled but unpainted, there's a driver and a gunner but its easier to paint them separately :) 

I finished painting 'Da Rumbla'

L5Zk47A.jpg

Very happy with how it turned out, plus the bits for my second one arrived today :smile.:

I also made a start on some stormboyz

09eejtV.jpg

It's amazing how a tiny bit of conversion and kitbashing gives far more dynamic and interesting poses than what's on the box!!

Here's the test smoke trail I made for them

wtkf6ZT.jpg

wasn't sure how they'd turn out, but I think I should use them

Also, the start of my Nob

SANSTPu.jpg

Points for anyone who can figure out where I'm going with this guy :wink:

Well, I finished the body and chassis of 'Da Rumbla'

(...)

Any thoughts??

It looks a bit like a lawnmover to be honest... :happy.:

I don't really see it, but....ok. does it look less like a lawnmower with a driver and gunner?

I was a bit confused about which end was the front until I spotted the helpful arrow.

I love it.

Thanks, Yeah, that arrow is probably for the driver. haha!! :smile.:

I finished another stormboy

gJIZ7Hx.jpg

I'm thinking of calling them Git and Gob

I've also finished the Stormboy Nob

V3g5zLs.jpg

May I introduce 'Tony Stork: Iron Nob'

I also got one painted

sRx7a8z.jpg

really happy with it. doing this one has helped figure out how to paint the rest of them :smile.:

I've also done some work on a second buggy 'Skull Squisha'

1IumZ4a.jpg

and the gunner

NAaVx3V.jpg

C&C Welcome

Really good work man! Loving the unique bikers, especially the Snake Bite. Can't wait to see what you do with a Blood Axe biker. Keep it coming!

Thanks, yeah I've got something planned for the Blood Axe :smile.:

Some really fun and nice conversions there. The buddy in particular looks ace, loving the gear shift.

Thanks, yeah I got all ratfink with it!

Got another buggy done: 'Skull Squisha'

DMAh4mB.jpg

These orks seem a bit crazier than the ones in 'Da Rumbla'

I approve of stormgrotz. So much so. I still need to make the other 3-4 of mine lol

Grots are great, I've seen your thread and you clearly feel the same :smile.:

Very nice stuff! I am thinking about going pens myself. Cult of speed is where it is at for me to. I’ll be running 90 storm boys, 30 shootas, four weirdbous and four dakkajets. This would be the starting force. Something I am still so surprised at is just how expensive irk armies are to build. It is crazy. The list I just stated is over $900 just for the miniatures

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

Finished the paintjob on the second buggy

0o33kbB.jpg

Just have the driver and gunner left. for the record the canopy isn't glued on yet so I can get the driver in. :)

I've almost finished Tony Stork, might be done by tomorrow. will have pics up soon-ish

Can't wait to see Tony Stork painted.

You should consider a Stormvoy inspired by The Rocketeer as well :smile.:

I had to look up the rocketeer, but yeah, maybe when I make another batch :)

May I introduce..."Tony Stork: Da Iron Nob"

gQzZs2N.jpg

Really happy with him. getting the smoke trails to line up was a bit of a pain. I feel like it comes across pretty well what he's supposed to be.

I also bought some burnas and made a start

2mqhetL.jpg

The first one is just stock standard, the second one has has a bigger fuel pack and the last one is a head/leg swap. I've found it's hard to do too much converting with the burnas, because of the way they are built. 

I also built a spanner

o36wPxr.jpg

I feel like his one eye kinda makes him look a bit squig-y

As always, C&C much appreciated :)

Finally finished my second buggy: 'Skull Squisha'

IM8ZhiW.jpg

Not much to say really, It was a bit of a pain getting the gunner securely attached. But i'm happy with how it turned out, all hot rod-y :smile.:

I've finished building my Big Mek

UxP9Urb.jpg

He's mostly made from Nob, his head is from the burnas kit and the KFF is mostly made deffgun bits. I'm really happy with his pose and level of detail. still need to think of a name for him. Any suggestions?

On the subject of meks, I decided to change up my spanner a bit (annoyingly after I'd already started painting) I pulled his backpack off and am gonna replace it with a killsaw I built strapped to his back.

1kJJCqF.jpg

Finished the last burna too.

PiH2Y23.jpg

He's holding some piece of weird tech he's found, maybe the Big Mek will appreciate it?

As always, C&C most welcome

Liking the spanner, I think the head works for it as is.

Nice job on the stormboyz, now just make about 15 more of them :wink:

Thanks, yeah, I like the kinda squig-y look. Yes I do need more, they don't tend to last very long, just need to think of more conversions first ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update, started work on my deffkopta

Gk67i5U.jpg

The plan is to make it look something like the gyrocopter from Mad Max 2

I also finished painting the spanner a few weeks ago but forgot to put up a photo

a7vm5IM.jpg

Thoughts?

I turn green with envy. I love the creative work you put into the orks.

Ha, I see what you did there :) Thanks, I try my best

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, My wife gave me an early Christmas present... A Gorkanaut, So I spent most of yesterday working on it

ilQf21Y.jpg

Since I'm doing Kult of Speed I did my best to make it look like he's running, It kinda comes across but there's only so much movement in the limbs.

I also added a bunch of banners and boss poles and as many exhausts as I could, because every Ork knows the more exhausts you have, the bigger you're engine!! :)

There are a few other bits hanging on an angle to try and show movement that didn't really show up in the photos.

Today, My parents got me the Kult of Speed box, which is soooo good. I've strated work on my Battlewagon/Mobile Mek Shop

cd0UIaM.jpg

As you can see I've added a KFF and altered the back slightly, to make more room for the Mek Shop part, I've got a lot of ideas for this thing, But i think this will be a long project with LOTS of detail. Hopefully it will almost be a diorama on its own :)

As always, C&C Much appreciated!!

I was planning on putting these up the other day but I forgot. I got the GS work done on the front of the Gorkanaut

EcaylNj.jpg

I have actually started painting it but I don't really like putting up half done bits, but I have finished painting the head and the right arm

2AzlpNJ.jpg

As well as being red, the head has racing stripes so this thing is super fast!! :smile.:

I also did the other arm

gmD70Wb.jpg

If you look closely you can see that one of the gunners instruments screens isn't working properly :smile.:

Happy with the amount of battle damage on these, hopefully it all comes together nicely!

Thoughts?

Archived