brettfp's Kult of Speed - Waaagh Sparktoof (Update Nov 6)

brettfp

Finished painting the first 6 of my 'Wastelander' Boyz

kRHi9eD.jpg

0zRlgwh.jpg

I'm liking how they've come along :)

I also finsihed the GS and other details on my Burnas and Waaagh! Banner Nob

liYNeog.jpg

gDNGP0t.jpg

YBGIiI2.jpg

Thoughts?

Wurbad Da Warphead

2Hrou9F.jpg

Really happy with how this turned out.

I'm thinking he was probably picked up by Sparktoof on some Feral Ork world somewhere along the way. As a weirdboy he's fairly snakebite-y but I think he's still got plenty of RED :)

Thoughts?

Very cool. Good work on that Kustom shoota too!

Thanks, Yeah, I love making kustom guns :)

Your weirdboy is great! The OSL eyes are done really well. I love the fact he's a weirdboy with a techno psychic staff to use for his psychic powers, but he's still an Ork and so is clubbing someone with it!

Your kustom guns are great. Now to loot your brain!

What are you using for the bright green bit of pipe around the back of the burna? What about the orange parts what are these? Also your rivets are tiny, what are you using for these and how are you attaching them?

The wastelanders have good character too.

Got my Blood Axe Nob Biker done!!!

zUFoHMd.jpg

Complete with Balaclava, Camo and silenced dakkaguns.

Only a Death Skulls biker left to do and I'll have the full set!! :)

Thoughts?

Your weirdboy is great! The OSL eyes are done really well. I love the fact he's a weirdboy with a techno psychic staff to use for his psychic powers, but he's still an Ork and so is clubbing someone with it!

Your kustom guns are great. Now to loot your brain!

What are you using for the bright green bit of pipe around the back of the burna? What about the orange parts what are these? Also your rivets are tiny, what are you using for these and how are you attaching them?

The wastelanders have good character too.

Thanks!

-The green pipe is actually just electrical wire, although it wasn't as bendy as I had hoped.

-The orange things are called something like 'flat back half pearls' you can get a bunch on ebay for next to nothing. the come in a bunch of sizes. The blue dot on the back of Nobs Waaagh! Banner is the same thing but in a different size. I find they're good for rivets on terrain and giant pimples for my death guard :)

-The rivets are just plastic rod, thinly sliced and stuck on with superglue (and a lot of care and patience)

Great thread!  Just spent close to an hour looking over each conversion pondering how you did things! 

Going back quite a ways, I presume the Buggy's were built from the Truck Kit? 

Thanks!

Yeah, turns out 1 Trukk kit + A bunch of plasticard + Green stuff + A few spare boyz + some wheels from a toy monster truck = 2 Warbuggies!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished painting the first 6 of my 'Wastelander' Boyz

kRHi9eD.jpg

0zRlgwh.jpg

I'm liking how they've come along :smile.:

I also finsihed the GS and other details on my Burnas and Waaagh! Banner Nob

liYNeog.jpg

gDNGP0t.jpg

YBGIiI2.jpg

Thoughts?

I love that Banner.  Really chunky glyph, proper Orky

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been neglecting my Orks recently, been busy with life and other non-orky things.

But I decided to get started on my Armies on Parade board

a8itP2k.jpg

I did have other WIP pics, but my phone died and I lost all my photos :(

The idea is I'll have the mobile Mek Shop on the hill, with the rest of the army racing to get in line first :)

Thoughts?

@brettfp: any chance of a full army pic too at some point bud? Loving your work and would be great to see everything you've done so far in one pic :smile.:

BCC

Thanks, I'll take a group shot once my AoP board is finished :)

Once again I am amazed by the creativity. Both the models and the story are well done

Thanks, I do my best!

I love that Banner.  Really chunky glyph, proper Orky

Thanks heaps!

• 5 weeks later...

The idea is I'll have the mobile Mek Shop on the hill, with the rest of the army racing to get in line first :smile.:

Thoughts?

I love it. What you got planned for the shop? In my mind, I picture one of the buildings from Dawn of War 3. I may steal this concept if I ever do a board.

The idea is I'll have the mobile Mek Shop on the hill, with the rest of the army racing to get in line first :smile.:

Thoughts?

I love it. What you got planned for the shop? In my mind, I picture one of the buildings from Dawn of War 3. I may steal this concept if I ever do a board.

We've already seen the mobile Mek Shop. The Battlewagon that's on the last page here.

Also, so many good ideas in this thread. I might loot some of them for my own orks :lol:

Ah, I missed the "mobile" part and assumed he was going to build some buildings. Not that that battlewagon isn't already a lovely centerpiece.

Did you get the army all finished in time for the parade? Would love to see the pictures of it all together.

Yes I did, I've just been to busy to post (plus the site was down)

Here's my set up on the day

gKTJ8q1.jpg

And here's some closer photos I took at home a few days earlier

IRZE7VY.jpg

psYhkel.jpg

guMsFep.jpg

B1MjO0O.jpg

nJN925A.jpg

And here's what I walked away with

dFpCQ3f.jpg

Second Overall!!

Pretty stoked :)

Thoughts?

We've already seen the mobile Mek Shop. The Battlewagon that's on the last page here.

Also, so many good ideas in this thread. I might loot some of them for my own orks :laugh.:

Thanks! please feel free to loot away :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok So with the new releases I'm getting back into my Orks!!

Before I get into it I figured I'd give my 2 cents on the codex. It seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun, unfortunately it seems that about half my army isn't in it. Because I've only played Orks in 8th, so they were built from the index, which seemed to ignore things like how hard it is to have 2 2-Handed Weapons

• My Nobz for my Boyz units can't have Kustom Shootaz anymore.....whatevs
  • My Spanner can't have a Killsaw anymore, that kinda sucks
  • My Nob Bikers no longer have Kombi-Weapons, Not a huge problem, but kinda annoying.
  • Big Mek Skrapgut doesn't have an entry....gonna have to think about this one, whether he should pull out his Shokk Attack Gun or perhaps upgrade him to Mega-Armour so he can keep his KFF, which will also make sense since I modelled his Battlewagon with a KFF...speaking of...
  • My Battlewagon doesn't quite fit into any of the new Battlewagon datasheets, It's got rokkets, which aren't in the codex, probably just use them as stikkbomb launchers and in the the index you could have both a Killkannon AND a Zzap gun....not anymore.....Also, as someone at my local GW pointed out, that new Mekshop kit would have been REALLY helpful when making the Mobile Mek Shop
  • No plain Warbuggies....after lovingly crafting 2 Buggies out of a Trukk Kit, it seems a shame, but I think I might retire them. I thought about using as one of the new buggies, but as much as I love them, they're not really as cool as the new ones (And as someone who does this for the converting and painting, cool models is all I care about)
  • And of course NO BIKER BOSS :( As anyone who's seen this thread from the start will know, This whole Waaagh! is built around Warboss Sparktoof...On his massive bike! I'm thinking that in the last few years maybe Sparktoof upgraded to a Deffkilla Wartrike. Could be a fun project to convert that thing to look like my Warboss :)

I know I could just keep using the index for some of these, but I don't like using multiple books and would prefer to use the new rules anyway. I'm looking forward to playing my first game with them. (hopefully soon)

So, onto the models, I also picked Speed Freeks (obviously) It looks like it's gonna be a fun game.

I've started work of the 2 Buggies, as always I had to do some conversion, but the models are so pretty it was kinda hard to know what to do, but I figured it out in the end :)

Shokkjump Dragsta

GjwtnIh.jpg

I wanted to add in some nods to my 2 previous buggies, so i gave this guy i big Ed Roth style Skull gear shifter.

I also added an easy-to-reach shoota for the driver, boosta rokkets, and a "That-A-Way" grot :)

Kustom Boosta-Blasta

Csna908.jpg

Don't Worry, the top isn't glued down, that's for after painting, Gave this one plenty o' skulls like my other buggy 'Skull Squisha'

Also added Stikkbombs, Nos tanks and wheel change.

Got a few tiny bits of GS and gap filling to do but other wise they're ready to start painting.

Gonna start on the bikers tomorrow, I have a few ideas for them :D

Thoughts?

It looks like you're off to a great start on the new buggies. I like the small personal touches you've made, it's just a shame that some of our stuff has been invalidated. I've got the Forge World Warboss on bike and not having easy access to him would be a pain. It'll be good to see these guys painted up.

Quick Update:

It's a Public Holiday here in Melbourne so I got a bunch of hobby done!! 

I finished building the 6 bikes from Speed Freeks

IrSxWPg.jpg

bt9aEwF.jpg

h7XjYDa.jpg

Eo7tG0w.jpg

NqdMEvu.jpg

ene9AZn.jpg

Not much to say about them, other than that as always it was fun adding the little unique twists to all of them.

I'll be painting them all as Evil Sunz (for 40k) but so I can still use them for Speed Freeks, 3 have Choppas, 3 have Sluggas

Thoughts?

It looks like you're off to a great start on the new buggies. I like the small personal touches you've made, it's just a shame that some of our stuff has been invalidated. I've got the Forge World Warboss on bike and not having easy access to him would be a pain. It'll be good to see these guys painted up.

Thanks

Archived