Imperial Fist: 1500 PotL; Zone Mortalis Assault Cadre

Nomadic Thunder

Imperial Fist: 1500 PotL; Zone Mortalis Assault Cadre

i'm pretty new to list building and im not so stressed about it being competitive. i just want a strike team with as much potential for triumph whilst staring into the abyss' great maw, as being a forlorn hope just a breath away from oblivion and no route back to a once noble and forgiving creed they once strove to champion. now they choose the life of the void reaver, lords of the darkness.
an in your face, blood and honour, fury and spite, win at all costs kind of character to the army.
with a theme leaning towards the knights templar/hospitalers kind of style. warrior monks shrouded in the darkness of their secret lore and wisom of the past.

So here it is:

Alexis Polux - 165
Sigismund - 230
Chaplain - 135
AA, refractor field, Melta Bombs, Solarite power gauntlet.
Goes with Sigi and Templars to provide a bit more shouting and zealotry in CC.

Legion Apothecary - 70
AA, Augury scanner, Power sword.
Goes with templar squad to help with all those sore throats the chaplain will be encouraging and to keep the lads hydrated.

Legion Terminator Squad - 285
5 man squad sergeant with TH/SS & grenade harness (because everyone wants to have a top boy smashing around as an example of how to party), 3x SS, 3x chain fist, 1 power axe and a heavy flamer.
Pollux's entourage of solid blokes to weather a storm in the void and hand out a good old bashing in return.
the chap with the heavy flamer is the designated driver, an all-round gentleman and chief who is there to mop up the mess, burn any evidence and light up the way for the charge when the boys have had one too many...

Templar Brethren - 280
6 chaps with combat shields + nuncio vox (to amplify shouting and maybe play some tunes on the ride in to get pumped)
champion with combat shield and solarite gauntlet.
These chaps are zealot fury, the broken soul of an arcadian dream. knowing only ruin and damnation behind them the only choice left is to forge on into the darkness, blade in hand, beer behind combat shield, headphones in; ready to kick it!

Leviathan Siege dreadnought - 325
Armoured Ceramite, Grav-Flux bombard, claw, phosphex charger, heavy flamers.
The big bruiser, the great grand daddy of old school roughing ups, the undisputed armqrestling champion of the cadre and all round party animal. when he's not clapping suckers who step on his business he's playing beer pong with the lads with that grav-flux ping pong CANNON!

1500 points.

Please let me know if there are glaring errors. not sure if pollux and sigi are allowed in the same list, likewise not sure if the list is legal with just templars and termies as troops.
it might be a bit cheesey (or terrible) but i really like the idea of it.
have the templar unit deploying on the field with sigi, chappy and apothecary, im hoping the unit will behave as is befitting of "lads on tour" and wreck face.
the  termies will deepstrike with pollux using void commander rule and utilising the nuncio vox of templars if possible/required.
the leviathan will hopefully amble around like a confused bull in an ikea shop and chomp and stomp to it's heart content.

apologies for some of the more colourful descriptions, i've just watched guardians of the galaxy again and love the soundtrack, i've been imagining boarding torpedoes being launched to the tune of 'hooked on a feeling' and a little bit of jovial party vibes in the pod before all carnage breaks out and drinks are spilled on impact...
anyway...
i've opted for flamers & phosphex where possible to utilise the shred rule for zone mortalis (and i dont see range being an issue in the confines of a space vessel when you can box off  denial areas with phosphex raging and flamers in your face)
theres something for anti-armour with everyone;
chainfists & pollux in termies,
meltabombs and solarites in templars,
and the levi should speak for himself.

i'm aware its a low body count and high costing small units but i think in Zone Mortalis it's not such an issue...?
that and i think the idea of some absolute heros and chieftains forming a rapid strike unit is a cool idea.
I'm tempted to go for a darker, templar style colour scheme, lots of black and metal.
alternatively i'm flirting with the idea of collecting models and units i like and having a shattered legions/blackshield display and i'm quite tempted to play this list with IF legion rules (for characters) but have my own dark and mysterious paint scheme and fluff...
just my thoughts.
and comments and criticisms are welcomed.

Rules:

Which Force Organisation chart are you using? 

If you're using one of the ZM charts (Combatant, Attacker, and Defender), you can only take two HQs.

If you're using the Age of Darkness chart you need to have two compulsory Troop choices (Legion Terminators are a non-compulsory Troops choice with the ZM Rite of War). At the moment, only the Templar Brethren are compulsory Troops. I just realised that you're using Pride of the Legion. So you can ignore what I wrote above :tongue.: When you wrote "Zone Mortalis Assault Cadre" I miss read it as "Zone Mortalis Assault Force", the ZM Rite of War.

You can't have both Sigismund and Polux in a list that is less than 2000points ( you are limited to one 'Master of the Legion' per 1k points).

Fluff:

I'm not sure that having both Sigismund and Polux in the same army is very fluffy. Maybe someone more familia with the Imperial Fist's background can help you out, but as far as I'm aware Sigismund is in the Sol System and Polux is in Ultramar.

Tactics:

You've got plenty of combat power and the Leviathan adds some firepower, but as you pointed out you have a very small body count and your army lacks mobility. In a straight up fight against another combat army you'll do pretty well, but a lot of the ZM missions require a bit of mobility (in some missions you have to escape off the enemy's deployment zone, end the game in the enemy's deployment zone, or destroy objectives spread across the table).

Hope that helps :smile.:

Edited by Kizzdougs

Echoing kizz on the 1 badares per points... I'd take Pollux and use sigis lotsa points to add moar bodies.

Think boarding shield marines or more termis walking with Alex. Also... don't know that you can take a Levi base size wise for ZM. Again, use points for 2 contemptors with hella lotta flamers and moar bpdies