Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Decent 1500 Emperor's Children list, no FW

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

EdwardBarfield9

EdwardBarfield9

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
  • Faction: Order of Faith Eternal

So I have no idea how to build Chaos for 8th. So I'm asking for lists that I can use to build my list

The Order of Faith Eternal

Our bodies may perish

Our blood run dry

but our faith is eternal!

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Well I would start out with a Slaanesh Daemon Prince with the elixir and Talons and two Noise Marine Squads of 10 (or of 6 :P ).

Next you should see what you're missing (anti-tank etc.) and add something for that. Lascannon Havocs/Landraider/Predators for example. Some mass in form of Cultists is always nice to have as well tho not everybody likes having Cultists in their list.

Another community favorite are Terminators with Combi-Plasma. Double shooting when they arrive, are pretty durable (even more with the 5+ FnP from our psychic power) and hurt in melee as well. It's pretty much the only unit that can shoot well while also being good in melee, tho they also cost a lot of points.

Possessed are an option for melee as well since they don't have to fight over the spot with Berzerkers but the feedback is mixed there.

Oh and not to forget the Sonic Helbrute. The FW FAQ allowes us to replace the melta with double Blastmaster and gives it access to a Doom Siren without replacing anything as well. My favorite loadout there is 2xBlastmaster, Power Scourge, Doom Siren. ;)

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,322 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Need some Havoks/Noisemarines for Endless Cacophony. It's probably one of the better strategems in the codex.

For a 1500 point pure Emperor's Children list you are probably looking at a battalion detachment. That means you need 2 HQ choices and 3 troops choices.

3 noise marine squads will be your best troop choice. They are strictly better than regular chaos marines and cultists. Unless you have some plan involving spamming 40 cultists the noise marines will be a better use of troops.

For HQ, your three best choices will be the Chaos Lord, Daemon Prince, and Chaos Sorcerer. All three can buff your shooting/attacking. All 3 are good. Pick whichever 2 you want. The Lord and Sorcerer can come with jump packs allowing them to deep strike.

So far you are up to 5 units, and that will probably take about 2/3 of your 1500 points depending on wargear choices and unit size. What do you want with your remaining points?

Predators are nice, but don't benefit from legion traits; thus Hellbrutes and Havoks are generally a little better. More noise marines won't hurt anything. Terminators are useful.

Anyway, to start aim for 3 squads of noise marines and 2 of the above HQ choices.

Edited by micahwc, 08 September 2017 - 01:29 PM.

The Codex Astartes no doubt has guidance that covers that kind of situation - long, detailed advice that would essentially boil down to "shoot the choppy ones, chop the shooty ones".

elbianc

elbianc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 85 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

im gonna play my first game with the new codex tomorrow, i also dont know if its gonna work

HQ

Daemon Prince, Intox. elixir + talons + warptime(maybe other power)

Sorceror, delightfull agonies + warptime

TROOPS

5 Noise Marines, blastmaster

5 Noise Marines, blastrmaster

8 Noise Marines w/ Sonic Blaster + Champ with P.sword + Doom Siren

7 Noise marines w/ chain sword + Champ w/ P.sword + Doom Siren + Icon of excess

1x Rhino

FAST ATTACK

Raptors, 2x meltas, Champ w/ Power fist

Heavy Support

1x Defiler,  w/ scourge + Reaper autocannon

3x Obliterator

Sorcerer will cast warp time and delightfull agonies on the Sonic blaster squad so they can get in the 24'' range and be more resilient

Daemon Prince will go behind the Rhino (with th cc noise marines in) and try to get to Close combat

Raptors will deep strike and go tank hunting

Obliterators will deep strike and try to obliterate a squad of havos or some light tanks

Defiler is my fire magnet

I plan to use the endless cacophony on the obliterators or the sonic blaster squad!

EdwardBarfield9

EdwardBarfield9

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

Need some Havoks/Noisemarines for Endless Cacophony. It's probably one of the better strategems in the codex.

For a 1500 point pure Emperor's Children list you are probably looking at a battalion detachment. That means you need 2 HQ choices and 3 troops choices.

3 noise marine squads will be your best troop choice. They are strictly better than regular chaos marines and cultists. Unless you have some plan involving spamming 40 cultists the noise marines will be a better use of troops.

For HQ, your three best choices will be the Chaos Lord, Daemon Prince, and Chaos Sorcerer. All three can buff your shooting/attacking. All 3 are good. Pick whichever 2 you want. The Lord and Sorcerer can come with jump packs allowing them to deep strike.

So far you are up to 5 units, and that will probably take about 2/3 of your 1500 points depending on wargear choices and unit size. What do you want with your remaining points?

Predators are nice, but don't benefit from legion traits; thus Hellbrutes and Havoks are generally a little better. More noise marines won't hurt anything. Terminators are useful.

Anyway, to start aim for 3 squads of noise marines and 2 of the above HQ choices.

Cheers for the excellent tips :)

Well I would start out with a Slaanesh Daemon Prince with the elixir and Talons and two Noise Marine Squads of 10 (or of 6 tongue.png ).

Next you should see what you're missing (anti-tank etc.) and add something for that. Lascannon Havocs/Landraider/Predators for example. Some mass in form of Cultists is always nice to have as well tho not everybody likes having Cultists in their list.

Another community favorite are Terminators with Combi-Plasma. Double shooting when they arrive, are pretty durable (even more with the 5+ FnP from our psychic power) and hurt in melee as well. It's pretty much the only unit that can shoot well while also being good in melee, tho they also cost a lot of points.

Possessed are an option for melee as well since they don't have to fight over the spot with Berzerkers but the feedback is mixed there.

Oh and not to forget the Sonic Helbrute. The FW FAQ allowes us to replace the melta with double Blastmaster and gives it access to a Doom Siren without replacing anything as well. My favorite loadout there is 2xBlastmaster, Power Scourge, Doom Siren. msn-wink.gif

Thanks, this is incredibly helpful. I really like the idea of that sonic hellbrute. I'm not seeing it on battlescribe though. Is it on there, or am I just being blind?

im gonna play my first game with the new codex tomorrow, i also dont know if its gonna work

HQ

Daemon Prince, Intox. elixir + talons + warptime(maybe other power)

Sorceror, delightfull agonies + warptime

TROOPS

5 Noise Marines, blastmaster

5 Noise Marines, blastrmaster

8 Noise Marines w/ Sonic Blaster + Champ with P.sword + Doom Siren

7 Noise marines w/ chain sword + Champ w/ P.sword + Doom Siren + Icon of excess

1x Rhino

FAST ATTACK

Raptors, 2x meltas, Champ w/ Power fist

Heavy Support

1x Defiler,  w/ scourge + Reaper autocannon

3x Obliterator

Sorcerer will cast warp time and delightfull agonies on the Sonic blaster squad so they can get in the 24'' range and be more resilient

Daemon Prince will go behind the Rhino (with th cc noise marines in) and try to get to Close combat

Raptors will deep strike and go tank hunting

Obliterators will deep strike and try to obliterate a squad of havos or some light tanks

Defiler is my fire magnet

I plan to use the endless cacophony on the obliterators or the sonic blaster squad!

Let me know how your list works out. What did good, what did bad, etc :)

Our bodies may perish

Our blood run dry

EdwardBarfield9

EdwardBarfield9

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

Well I would start out with a Slaanesh Daemon Prince with the elixir and Talons and two Noise Marine Squads of 10 (or of 6 tongue.png ).

Oh and not to forget the Sonic Helbrute. The FW FAQ allowes us to replace the melta with double Blastmaster and gives it access to a Doom Siren without replacing anything as well. My favorite loadout there is 2xBlastmaster, Power Scourge, Doom Siren. msn-wink.gif

Also, is there any benefit to taking a second?

Our bodies may perish

Our blood run dry

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts
  • Faction: Nurgle, Ministorum
The sonic helbrute is in Battlescribe. You need to 'nest' a Heretic Astartes detachment in your battalion detachment for the forgeworld units.
By which I mean, add a force, click on your existing battalion detachment and then select Heretic Astartes. It will count as being in your detachment even though it looks separate.

Edited by radionausea, 08 September 2017 - 03:59 PM.

EdwardBarfield9

EdwardBarfield9

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

The sonic helbrute is in Battlescribe. You need to 'nest' a Heretic Astartes detachment in your battalion detachment for the forgeworld units.
By which I mean, add a force, click on your existing battalion detachment and then select Heretic Astartes. It will count as being in your detachment even though it looks separate.

Found it! Thank you! It's a dreadnought, not hellbrute on battlescribe. Probably what confused me XD

Our bodies may perish

Our blood run dry

EdwardBarfield9

EdwardBarfield9

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

So this is what I have at the moment

Emperor's Children 1500 point Battalion

HQ
Chaos Lord
-Bolt Pistol
Frag and Krak Grenades
Power Sword
Slaanesh

Daemon Prince
-Hellforged Sword
-Malefic Talon
-Slanesh
-Infernal Gaze
-Smite

Elites
Sonic Dreadnought (x2)
-Doom Siren
-Power Scourge
-Twin Blastmaster

Troops
Chaos Cultists
- 9 Chaos Cultists w/Autogun
- Cultist Champion
- Slaanesh

Noise Marines (x3)
-2 Marine w/Blastmaster
-2 Blastmaster
-2 Bolt Pistol
-2 Frag & Krak Grenades
-7 Marine w/Sonic Blaster
-7 Bolt Pistol
-7 Frag & Krak Grenage
- Noise Champion
- Boltgun
- Doom Siren
- Frag & Krak Grenades

(Copied from Battlescribe so there could be some mistakes)

Our bodies may perish

Our blood run dry

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 441 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
Another community favorite are Terminators with Combi-Plasma.

Why is everyone playing their termi with plasma ? You clearly don't want to overcharge on a >33 points units so either you got 2 shot of 1 dmg or Prescience (wich isnt reliable at all between the spell roll and deny the witch). 

I find combi melta, while more expensive, a safier chooce as you dont absolutly need spells to make them worth it (even if Prescience and warp time are great on them) but i must be missing something. 

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

Commissar K.

Commissar K.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts
I guess some run the Chaos Lord, use Veterans of the Long War or other 1-fixers.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Another community favorite are Terminators with Combi-Plasma.

Why is everyone playing their termi with plasma ? You clearly don't want to overcharge on a >33 points units so either you got 2 shot of 1 dmg or Prescience (wich isnt reliable at all between the spell roll and deny the witch). 

I find combi melta, while more expensive, a safier chooce as you dont absolutly need spells to make them worth it (even if Prescience and warp time are great on them) but i must be missing something. 

Because with re-roll 1s and/or the 5+ FnP from the Slaanesh psychic lore it's not as risky to overcharge them and even if not overcharged it's still a pretty powerful weapon. Plus there's still the option to re-roll the occasional 1 you get with the core rule Stratagem in case your Lord isn't nearby. I for one don't roll enough 1s when shooting to worry too much about gets hot but I also don't overcharge against units where it's not important to overcharge.

Combi-Melta are fine as well but have a way shorter threat range.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

SanguinaryGuardsman

SanguinaryGuardsman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 780 posts

You misspelled Obliterators.  confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users