Groznys Chaos, Admech, Ork and GSC "Blog"

MattiasGrozny

Thanks mates.
Yeah I guess my stuff looks a little bit like Blanche inspired nowadays. Its all on purpose of course. (Sadly I must admit its mostly because Im getting more sloppy and paying way less attention to the details as time goes on)

Talking about crunching out stuff while the attention span allows it, Im working on some more terrain atm plus Im painting some purestrains. By Gungnir those models are horrible to assemble and paint....

Purestrains WIP

gallery_22792_14663_1429023.jpg

gallery_22792_14663_493136.jpg

Edited by MattiasGrozny

I am loving the colors- how did you achieve this look for your brood?

Also, might want to consider posting or having this moved to the Forge or GSC subforum, where the children of the stars will be fully appreciated :p

Thanks mate, yeah Ive been thinking about emigrating this tread.

As for achieving this look, boi... I really cant be bothered to have any structure to my painting any longer. I just take out one of my previous painted models as reference and as many new ones as possible and then just put on some metal and start slabbing paint all over (thin coats of course).

But my stelares I think I used brown basecoat, watered down black all over. Pale green(vallejo field grey) drybrush on the carpace and a bit more on the fleshy bits. More watered down black over the carpace and lastly agrax and coelia greenshade over the whole model. Some yellow around the mouth and another drybrush of pale green all over and its more or less finished.

Edited by MattiasGrozny

If the plog is now a catch-all, the main WIP forum is the correct place for it. I can move it if you like, if not I'll hide all the OT stuff and you can start separate threads over in the Ork, GSC and AdMech forums.

Dragonlover

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No posts in a while yet again. But Ive got my hands on some old grots, love theese models. Its just too bad they are monopose.

gallery_22792_15110_765783.jpg

I also repainted my nurgly oblits as the new arent in the death guard codex and there is no more t5 oblits in 8th.

gallery_22792_13740_1581056.jpg

Plus Ive made some deathbots(sicarians) from old bits I had in my boxes.

gallery_22792_14258_1295184.jpg

gallery_22792_14258_1751740.jpg

Edited by MattiasGrozny

man this is looking good, especially the scratch build ork cars in their spiky glory with those nice elaborate beastly engines!

and also the killbots, such a nice robotic take on the unit. where are the legs/torsoes from? (i cant help but wanna look into doing something similar myself :P)

Thanks mates. Yeah I hope I manage to keep my attention span attuned enough so I actualy manage to complete these vehicles, I dont know how long my kustom goliat trucks have been collecting dust....

The legs and torsos for my bots are from one of mantics teams for dreadball. I really like them but damn are they horrible to tidy up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Its beens a slow couple of weeks on the wargaming front but Ive finished a couple of figs.

GSC Big hammer dude, bad doc and Locus.

gallery_22792_14663_112079.jpg

gallery_22792_14663_31482.jpg

Five more aberrants including a group leader.

gallery_22792_14663_230931.jpg

gallery_22792_14663_277032.jpg

gallery_22792_14663_218988.jpg

Edited by MattiasGrozny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...