A brother needs us. #Brandswolves

Hfran Morkai

I'm in contact with Brands uncle. As it seems, I'll send them a digital version of Inferno along with a letter, written in the name of the BnC Wolves rout.

Would that be ok for you? I will upload said letter here before sending it due to letting someone editing it (as English is not my native tongue) and getting your approval. :)

Here is my WIP Wolf Guard as promised. There is still some detailing left to do but I am fairly happy with the shade of the armour.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9CY_5EekIosMThteUlYQ0t1WTA/view?usp=sharing

Base: Administratum grey

Wash: Army Painter Strong Tone (Aggrax with a dash of Nuln Oil would probably be much the same)

Highlight: White Scar

I only have 25mm bases so I went with that, fortunately base size doesn't matter in 8th edition. Any have any thoughts on painting the bases? At the moment mine looks like the bleak midwinter. :wink:

Edited by Karhedronuk

Just to keep you posted:

A team of costume designers started to create a friggin' Wolves custome for Brand! So many good things happening to him, it's heartwarming. :)

His uncle is cool as well. Just for his nephew did he start to re-engage Warhammer. Last time he did was back when he was 8 years old.

I will sit down and write said letter in the next couple of days.

@Wulfgar76: Living in Essen (North Rhine-Westphalia). It's a bit far off to Vilseck. :/

@ Karhedronuk, that link doesn't work for me for some reason. Maybe others will have better luck.

Hmm, you are right, something is not working there. Is this better?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9CY_5EekIosMThteUlYQ0t1WTA/view?usp=sharing

I'm not a wolf, but I have a random box of space wolves around, and love the idea of this. I'm definitely getting one painted up for this.

What color should helmet lenses be? Red or yellow to go with the accent colors?

Edit: just got to touch up any errors and base.

nxyaqqU.jpg

8WN7cSc.jpg

PeuQLrD.jpg
Edited by Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe/barek

I offered to collect the minis from the folks in the states and send them off in one lot (don't know if folks are actually up for this).  barek you are on the other side of the pond, addy is available on the FB page.  If you don't have that I can PM you the address.  This takes us to 10, unless anyone wants to do more.  

Copy/Paste & update of folks doing minis:

US

Me
Wulfgar76
Kassill

Kinstryfe

Other side of the Pond

Yoyo ninja
Wolf Lord Hardrada
Wolf_Priest_Dantay
Karhedronuk
Slave to Darkness

barek

Cheers!

Do we have any guidelines for basing we want to stick to as a group? Even along the lines of basic colour/size? If it would help, I could grab and paint up 10 32mm basic earth and gravel bases I already have put together and forward them along with my wolf to TheLastHuzzah, if the final person in the gathering chain wouldn't mind doing the final step of glueing/pinning the models to the bases. May make the minis less fragile if shipped initially off-base, and will tie the unit together a bit.

No worries if not, but I figured I'd offer since I've already got them modeled up.

Do we have any guidelines for basing we want to stick to as a group? Even along the lines of basic colour/size? If it would help, I could grab and paint up 10 32mm basic earth and gravel bases I already have put together and forward them along with my wolf to TheLastHuzzah, if the final person in the gathering chain wouldn't mind doing the final step of glueing/pinning the models to the bases. May make the minis less fragile if shipped initially off-base, and will tie the unit together a bit.

No worries if not, but I figured I'd offer since I've already got them modeled up.

That's actually a good idea, esp if we are going for snow bases, I wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to snow. 

I don't really know where to start with snow either :) Well maybe I do, GW's snow effect seems to have gotten pretty good reviews. I can try to pick some up tomorrow to play with. And remember plastic glue. I've forgotten that the past 4 trips to the hobby shop.

Deadline is end of October yes?

Anyone wanting to be collector for the UK side of things? 

I can do  it if folks wish. I will not be about 2-23rd October for packages, but anything posted after is not a problem.

Also basic gravel bases, preferably 32mm is probably best, let me know if you do not have 32mm's as I have plenty and can do bases.

I would like to take this moument to say that I now have a strong dislike of Administratum Grey. Probably isn't helped by the fact that the basecoat I used seems to be tempremental dependent on the weather!

That said, base coat done, barring maybe another thin layer to smooth it all out and I can start on some washes.

Just found this thread, how may I aid all of you?

What does Brand need, at this point? I have some spare bits boxes, however, I would likely be best to send models that are built.

As well, what painting abilities can others do to cover for the fact that I at this time cannot paint yet?

Willing to aid another Wolf, just, not sure on how, at this time.

Karack, if you're in the US or abouts and want to build a model or so, I can volunteer painting services and send it along with my model and bases to TheLastHuzzah. If you're in another locale, it'd probably be best to hook up with someone from that general area to avoid insane shipping.

Bases, I have 10 worked up in a brown dirt, grey rock, and snow scheme if they pass muster.

EufAwO0.jpg

o9HLeGX.jpg

On the base? 32mm base painted black (for adhesion) then covered in crackle paste. Once dry, gravel was added and than sealed with thinned white glue. The gravel was painted Mechanicus Standard Grey and dry rushed up to Pallid Wych Flesh. The crackle was done the same, BUT I think that step was rendered pointless because it was then hit with a black ink wash, then 2 heavy sepia ink washes, and finally drybrushed with Rakarth Flesh. If I did it again, I think Rakarth then washes then drybrushed Rakarth would end up looking pretty much the same. I finished it off with Valhallan Blizzard, which I'm waiting to dry to see if I want to hit it with a glazing medium to shine it up. Will also probably hit the gravel with a final light drybrush to define some spots.

If you meant the wolf itself, it went Black 2.0 undercoat, Mechanicus Standard Grey, Administrarum Grey, dilute dark sepia ink wash, touch up AG, line highlight or blend Pallid Wych Flesh. Pelts were black to Steel Legion Drab to Rakarth Flesh, with slightly lighter highlights here and there. Red is Mephiston to Evil Suns Scarlet to Wild Rider. Yellow was Yriel Yellow with highlights by adding PWF and eyeballing it. The sword is Molotow Liquid Chrome (shinnnnny), and the yellow runes are 3 hits of straight Liquitex "Cadmium Yellow" ink painted into the rune recesses. Purple plasma gun was straight Daler Rowney "Purple Lake" Acrylic Artists Ink painted over shaded white.

Just to be clear,  we're going with Ragnar's company for the left shoulder and then red with the Algiz rune in white for the right shoulder instead of the traditional yellow for wolf guard?

Just to be clear: and no base? 

I've got some Rakarth but no crackle, might see how well it dry brushes over GWs mud texture.

My dude is on a small 'rock' platform of cork. The WG himself is undercoated with Fang, then Admin grey, going to give a nuln or agrax wash, haven't decided which yet then highlight with Admin again?