- Midnights Torment - A Night Lords WIP Project

Marshal Haduwig

Ordo Malleus Restricted Archive    =][=

Ordo Malleus Eyes Only

++Short Burst Transmission Recieved - Hadex Anomoly ++

++Transcript Begins 4 170 132.M42 ++

Heretic Astartes Sighted

Armour markings indicate Warband of Night Lords legion.

Warp Mutations present but not common.

Several local populations annihilated.

Warband appears to be heading deeper into Ultima Segmentum.

Will continue monitoring

Awaiting further orders

++Transcript Ends++

Hello all

As a long time Black Templar Player as I've started getting a few games of 8th Edition under my belt I felt like I wanted to move to something new. My Templars are almost 6/7 years old and are quite simple. I only started doing conversions this year and well Chaos, Chaos seemed like a good place to go for conversions.

So here I am. I bought some old Dark Vengeance models off a mate who was trying to unload them and started testing out my old withered painting skills. I doubt these models will have a place in my army but they were fun to paint.

DSCF0260_1.jpg
DSCF0261_1.jpg

C&C welcome, more to come this week.

Edited by Marshal Haduwig

The painting is really good AS far AS i can See it. Especially the lightning. However...why didn't you drill the Barrels open? or at least paint an opening where the rounds can leave the gun?? Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The painting is really good AS far AS i can See it. Especially the lightning. However...why didn't you drill the Barrels open? or at least paint an opening where the rounds can leave the gun??

I'm still waiting for a hobby drill, a few brushes and a large assortment of paints to arrive from waylandgames been a couple of weeks and the buggers still haven't dispatched my stuff yet. Painting I have done is with borrowed paints. :(

Cool idea to tie in your tanks using raptor-style trims! The daemonprince is coming together nicely, great idea to use red for him!

I think you might have the wrong thread bud :smile.:

Gnarf, indeed. That's what you get with 20 tabs open haha. Edited my post :)

:thumbsup:

Great start so far :smile.:

Any idea what modles you want to add to your army? Jump packs, bikes, etc?

Got a few ideas, I'm not a competitive player so I've not really done some proper list building but I've got a few plans for models using ideas I've... borrowed from other NL threads on here ie Dan the Demon, Brother Heinrich and of course Nemac.

Raptors are a must of course and this is where I'm starting my conversion work.

DSCF0262_1.jpg

Got some Warp Talons to build as well, Forgeworld bits and bobs for some Havoks, Terminators are on the way, we'll see after that.

What a great raptor! :yes:

Thanks Mate wasn't quite ready to show him off yet. Got some new bases being done but I was really pleased with the model.

They look great mate, I really like what you've done with the Raptor. Is he going to be a Lord or a Champion? Either way great model and I will be following this with interest!

Nemac

Cheers! He's the Champion for my first Raptor squad. I don't want to go overboard on mutations so he'll be the only one in this squad. 

My next squad has 2 melta guys being worked on as so...

DSCF0265_1.jpg

I've also made some progress with painting. (It's slow going)

DSCF0263_1.jpg

DSCF0264_1.jpg

Evening all. Not much to update these last few days. So many problems holding me up. Having problems with my Camera so only got my phone at the moment, still waiting on paints to arrive so I can't progress there. I haven't even been able to even prime my models because this glorious English weather means that no matter how sunny the day, by the time I get home from work it's pissing it down. *Sigh* 

A few things did arrive 

DSC_0782_1.jpg

But I don't really want to start building until I have painted my other stuff, otherwise I end up with a huge army of grey that becomes to daunting to work on. That being said, I did want to do some work this week. so ....

DSC_0784_1.jpg

DSC_0785_1.jpg

Hope to have more for you all next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening all.

A lot has happened this last week that more halted rather than just slowing my progress which obviously has meant I was unable to upload anything. I spent most of last week ill and then just as I recovered we lost, probably my favourite family member.

225617_10151635560212938_1591761358_n.jp

She was just shy of her 12 Birthday.

Been devastated and a bit emotional for a while and I found building and painting to quite therapeutic. So in an attempt to get my routine back  I've been hard at work on a Havok squad and I'm quite pleased with how they have come out.

DSCF0284.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

I'm hoping that GW will do some decent new chaos kits for those of us not playing Death Guard. It's costing quite a bit to buy multiple marine mks, chaos extra bits off ebay, forgeworld extras, 3rd party bits, gah my poor wallet.

Raptors are up next.

C&C welcome as always.

• 1 month later...

So hello again. I'm resurrecting myself from my silent grave. Bloody life getting in the way of my toy soldiers. bah.

I have managed some progress for you though.

I've also tried my hand at some writing. I know there's better out there but if people enjoy i may continue and hope i improve. If not, oh well was fun to try.

++ Battle of Colwent 283.M42 ++

The man’s piercing screams quickly turned to gurgles as Nardak brought his chainsword down through him. Weak, he thought. At least space marines are a more challenging hunt, guardsman are so beneath us they don’t even qualify as prey. The guardsman line was quickly braking to pieces as he watched his fellow raptors tearing their way through the ranks of humanities first line of defence. Bolt rounds and plasma fire blowing apart limbs and searing massive holes before chainswords turned the fleeing men to chunks of meat. 

A Shriek turned Nardak’s gaze skywards as a large shadow passed overhead. On a thud of leathery wings and screaming engines Xarin sweept over the line and sunk his talons into a terrified soldier quickly bringing his thrumming poweraxe down on the stricken man. Crackling energy dispatching a swift death.  As the last survivors ran away to give babbling reports to their commanders Nardak looked away in revulsion, not at the brutality of Xarins attack, but at the mutated body of a man he once called brother. While he could grudgingly admit the sight of the mutated Raptor inspired greater terror into their enemies than any of his pure brethren, the sight of the wings sprouting from the marines back, flexing and stretching as he rolled his shoulders repulsed him. That one of his own brothers would be so weak as to seek power from elsewhere was shameful. There was no Honour left for the Night Lords to be concerned with and each marine was free to choose their fate but he hated him all the same. The only relief was the sight of the red gauntlets, marked for death, Nardak knew he wouldn’t have to wait forever for the disgusting creature to be out of his sight. He thumbed the side of his plasma pistol, considering ending the man himself, before orders crackled through the vox.

“Additional targets on left flank, Raptors to redeploy and intercept”

Without a word Xarin turned for the direction his helmet display indicated and opened his wings. Nardak could almost see his smile even with the helmet on and snarled his assent into the vox. Revving their pack’s engines up to maximum speed, the squad screamed their way into the tumultuous sky’s, only death and terror awaiting their next targets.

Xarin – Champion
Nardak – Plasma Pistol
Drayur – Plasma Pistol
Istvaar- Bolt Pistol

Kor Vulkus – Bolt Pistol

DSCF0350.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

I also managed to uh "salvage" a Rhino I had originally intended for my Black Templars. I think it looks better being prep'd as a Night Lords vehicle.

DSCF0353.jpg

Thanks Dude.  I did originally try the dark blue of the armour but I didn't think it looked quite right. Especially as those bits are meant to be fleshy. I tried a bone colour and didn't like that either. I sorta left it after that as I wasn't sure what do. Maybe I should try darkening the red a bit more to give it some contrast with the wing membrane?

• 1 month later...

I know I'm a few days late but happy new year to all. Hope you had a blast.

So i got distracted and started working on another project...

DSC_0932_1.jpg

which I've mostly managed to shelve for now. I can't finish one project properly, probably shouldn't start another haha.

My rhino is still in progress. It's got the base coat of blue and the steel done. Looking at different techniques on how to give the blue some depth as its quite flat at the moment. 

I did however manage to rescue a Hellblade fighter from ebay. A little while later and voila...

DSCF0357.jpg

I love this model, wish they were still available... Forgeworld please, please bring it back!

As the enemy fighter in front of him began to fragment under his last salvo of autocannon fire Taresh pulled sharply away, eyes scanning for the next target. Mirth tugged at his lips “Imperial pilots are not what they used to be” he chuckled to himself. As the haze from the various drugs cleared for a moment he also remembered that he too was not what he used to be, hands and legs fused into the cockpit controls, he had become nothing more than a simple killing machine. There was no time to think or regret on this fact as fresh drugs pumped through his system and the Hellblades corrupted machine spirit once more pushed his mind towards looking for the next kill. The remains of the marine once called Taresh felt a small thrill as the targeting equipment registered another imperial fighter and the engines screamed with his excitement as he hurtled towards his next target. Warp fire turning the clouds a dark crimson behind him.

I'll make no promises as to when my next update will be as I clearly can't keep a schedule. Hopefully soon though, I'd like to get the Rhino done and move on to some Terminators!