I bought the finecast havocs because I had a gap in my collection and needed as many autocannons as possible.

Found a old 2nd ed heavy bolter and backpack on ebay that was just what I needed to finish this guy I got incomplete with a previous ebay lot. He's squat but has a nice arm-brace thing. Having these extra small metal guys makes the difference between the size in plastics just part of a general wide height variety in my collection.

gallery_85153_13735_794845.png

Painted the backpacks for my new plastics 10 man chaos marine squad and then remembered I have to finish these terminators still before painting the bodies.

gallery_85153_13735_362807.png

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Gotcha!

New heavy bolter havoc looks great! I love that you are using the classic bits. Thinking about your collection the variety of bits you use really show off a Legion in the Eye's arsenal of different gear which I think consists of what they had, what they've taken, and making whatever they had work.

Looking forward to seeing more painted BL!

More Terminator WIP.

Metal before wash

gallery_85153_13735_369861.png

Getting close to complete. Those eyes just aren't popping yet so I have to work out a plan for that. I want to keep the blue to go with the highlights but might have to change that.

gallery_85153_13735_1135602.png

Paint jobs are looking ace! As for the eyes I think it will be tough to make them stand out compared to the highlights due to such a similar color. I wonder if you could go with a different shade that makes it stand out more. Maybe like a or torquise?

gallery_85153_13735_1378352.png

Got some old possessed off ebay. Plan on using them in a squad along with my 3rd ed plastic possessed who've been hiding in my regular marine squads for a while (these metals have 2005 on the bases so they're 4th ed models).

gallery_85153_13735_340513.png

No idea when I'll finish the possessed, I have the other 5 new marines and my ETL daemons and Age of Sigmar goblins to do.

I got around to buying some acetone so I can try and rescue a 2nd ed havoc who arrived from ebay with superglue over some of his details. Like the possessed he was an auction with no other bidders.

I did rebase and clean the flash off them though. They were definitely in the barely fitting on 25mm category of old models. Plastics are in the background, one has a boltgun (it was legal at the time, but I also build one with a heavy bolter and another with a plasma pistol which wasn't) which I'll swap for a banner when I get round to opening my second Wrath and Rapture box.

gallery_85153_13735_564209.png

Possessed progress.

gallery_85153_13735_192932.png

Still waiting on the right weather for undercoating my fiends of slaanesh so I can finish my first vow. I picked up two contrast paints while at warhammer world for the GT at the weekend but foolishly pre-ordered some contrast paints to a GW 40m by train away where I only visit for art classes so I will have to pick them up on monday.

ETL Fiend progress begins.

gallery_85153_15070_338974.png

Lots of cool stuff in here, keep it coming! :thumbsup:

Will you post some kind of report on how the tournament went for you?

The photos turned out garbage sadly. I did a quick summary in the Black Legion thread.

gallery_85153_13735_745370.png

Game 1 "The Four Pillars: Some American on a business trip with borrowed models. Guilliman, a catachan brigade and a blood angels battalion with 3 min scout squads, 2 smash captains and a librarian dread.

I managed to hack apart the blood angels and gun down enough guard to win on points before Guilliman smacked down Abaddon.

Game 2 "Supplies from Above": A French sounding guy living in London with a battalion of khorne with two units of 10 blood letters, one of 30, relic axe prince, foot herald; a battalion of world eaters with 3 rhino berserker squads, exalted champion, claws and talisman of burning blood prince; auxiliary super heavy with Magnus.

He went first and warptimed his claw prince into my chainsword and bolt pistol squad buffed by soulrender portent, rolled too many 2s to wound and got hacked apart thanks to my stratagem buffs. I then shot apart 2 of his rhinos, got one of his berserker squads down to 3 men but thanks to a central crater failed a charge with the prince killing chainsword squad. I made a big mistake by charging my raptors into his last rhino who did no damage (I should have warptimed them and thrown them into magnus or up the table to deal with his objective sitting bloodletters).

gallery_85153_13735_153368.png

Turn two his deepstriking bloodletters obliterate a full squad of 18 black legionaires while his third squad of berserkers wait in their rhino. Magnus and the axe prince hack apart the raptors. His two battered berserker squads fail their charge thanks to the same crater. I get no points thanks to the drifting objectives. My turn I try and warptime my melta squad into range of the axe prince and magnus who has failed to cast weaver of fates, but the world eaters denial stratagem stops me.

Turn three I still get no points and misplace my exalted champion so Abaddon fails to wound the axe prince and gets splatted but shoot the 30 man bloodletter unit to shreds. I lose most of my chainsword squad to a berserker charge and Magnus flies around my backlines killing my sorcerer and threatening my objective holders.

I quickly end up with just two characters left who get cut down in the center.

So not an unwinnable match up but scoring can be really random in that mission and I played badly.

Game 3 "Vital Intelligence": Another Londoner but with an English accent, 3 riptides, ethereal, 30 shield drones, stealth suit squad, Shadowsun, a Bork'a battalion of 3 units of 5 fire warriors and a coldstar commanders and cadre fireblade and an identical T'au sept Battalion.

I get first turn, put soulrender portent chosen of the pantheon and delightful agonies on my raptors, warptime them into range of an objective with three firewarrior units and their fireblade, endless cacophony most of the firewarriors dead, lose 4 raptors on overwatch charging in where I wipe the firewarriors out and lock up the fireblade on 1 wound. He puts Mont'ka up and his tripple riptides gun down 18 chaos space marines I foolishly left in range and moves a unit of shield drones up to recover the objective my raptors stole. In his combat phase the raptors hack apart the fireblade and pile into the drones then I spend 3cp to fight again to claim the objective but fail to wipe out the drones.

Turn 2 I warptime forwards my remaining plasma squad and use veterans of the long war and endless cacophony on them, killing 5 firewarriors and a ton of drones but only doing a few wounds on the riptides. With all the shooting 1 drone remains but only 1 riptide is down a bracket. They fail to charge a riptide meaning all three can then overwatch and wipe out my chainsword squad (I should have just not charged after the distraction failed). His turn he spends a cp to buff the bracketed riptide, does Mont'ka again thanks to shadowsun and wipes out the raptors and the plasma squad while one of his coldstars takes my backfield objective. Thanks to me holding the center we're drawn on points.

Turn 3 I warptime Abaddon who charges in protected by delightful agonies but fails to wound a riptide, my opponent gets way ahead on points thanks to me rolling a 6 so every objective is primary.

Turn 4 I roll another 6 so he gets even further ahead but my remaining 3 chaos space marines gun down a riptide with their melta guns and the exalted champion's relic chainsword eats another one. Abaddon kills Shadowsun.

I end up tabled and 10 points behind while he still has two commanders, a fireblade, an ethereal, a riptide and a few firewarriors. I should have run my exalted champion and abaddon forwards faster on turn 1 and 2. Turn 2 I should have maybe warptimed my melta gun squad instead of the plasma squad since the melta squad was unable to see thanks to a ruin while the plasma squad were out of rapid firerange but had cover. The extra shots might have killed the drones and endless cacophony on the melta guns might have killed a riptide but the real mistake was letting him shoot me in the overwatch phase. He did roll very well on his saves though.

Ordered the new Abaddon since he's necessary for my tournament list. I used my old one and he's very small.

gallery_85153_13735_182851.png

I also tried out the new contrast pains on my dark apostle's cloak since I'd never gotten round to finishing it. Sadly the highlights look better on camera under light so i might have to re-add those by hand based off the photo.

gallery_85153_13735_882836.png

Experimenting with some extra layers on Abaddon's gold trim. Balthasar gold -> Contrast Snakebite Leather -> sycorax bronze.

gallery_85153_13735_469476.png

Great Unclean One starts to be based.

gallery_85153_15070_245321.png

5:10 pm edit:

Added a layer of Auric Armour gold over the underpainting.

gallery_85153_13735_1378967.png

Then highlight with runefang steel and wash of agrax earthshade gloss.

gallery_85153_13735_320426.png

This is the GUO basically done. Smoke on the flail needs work but I've kind of moved on.

gallery_85153_15070_722881.png

Damaged some of the gold putting the cloak on so that will need fixing. I only payed attention to the inside of the cloak as a sub-assembly so he's now less complete from the back.

Still no idea how to paint the face.

gallery_85153_13735_862308.png