Guilliman as non warlord

alloyslayer

Why though? You are missing out of 3 Command Points and if you are picking a non-UM warlord trait, then a whole lot more CP on top of that. And you get safety as he can get back up, potentially denying Kill the Warlord, Assassination and Kingslayer. I think you lose out on too much when he is not your Warlord.

Welcome back matey. With you and greatcrusade08 it's like the old gang are back together!

Yeah stick to him as a Warlord. He's amazing.

For your theme, maybe you can convert a suitable Dreadnought or walker of some sort. ;)

Ah cheers guys, I was thinking of running 4 units of 6 aggressors with the warlord trait storm of fire and guilliman being an aura for them with his re rolls to hit and wound. But I think I'll take your advice and stick guilliman as my warlord

Captain Idaho great to see you still here and now a mod, I'd best be on good behaviour then Yeah we should get all the old gang back together again as those were some good times!

Welcome back matey. With you and greatcrusade08 it's like the old gang are back together!

Yeah stick to him as a Warlord. He's amazing.

For your theme, maybe you can convert a suitable Dreadnought or walker of some sort. :wink:

That idea is so retardedly awesome, I might get on that. I think the Custodes Dread with the sword could be a solid start.

Hell, I might do it myself. :smile.:

As Guilliman himself said: The ideal is more important than the man himself. Or rather, the re-roll bubbles :D

Though I wonder, if one would pick a successor that is a bit more into mysticism, maybe some more arcane(?) might work as well?

I actually thought about it. However, we do not know what happened to him post HH and it is unlikely he survived until the Indominus Crusade. And even if, wouldn't he end up with the Ultramarines as opposed to a successor?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Honoured Telemechrus stomping around as count-as Guilliman, but just seems illogical.

Edited by Frater Cornelius

My understanding was that the rules explicitly stated that Bobby's aura only works with the actual chapter "Ultramarines"...am I wrong there?

He has two auras; one that is available for all Imperial units that gives +1 on advance and charge, rerolls to hit of 1 and rerolls failed moral tests. The second gives only the Ultramarines chapters rerolls for all failed to hit and to wound.