Help with shooty list

Repentless

Hello

I looked around at Forgeworlds website today and I came across Orks.

I am thinking about building a shooty list without any infantry troops.

I dont think I will ever be finished with painting if I have to paint 20, 30 40 etc. infantry models.

But i really really liked the Ork Kill Bursta / Kill Blasta Tank tank, Ork Mega Dread and the Grot Mega Tank on Forgeworlds website.

From GWs website I really like the Gorkanaut, Morkanaut and all the flyers.

Now my question is if it would be possible to build a list from these models, competetiveness is not really a focus but it would be nice if the list would not be doomed right from the start.

I would also appreciate to hear suggestions on what I should add to the list that are not mentioned above.

Thanks for the help.

A nice cheap base unit to use would definitely be grot mega tanks. The loadouts are so versatile and you'll never go over 200 points a tank unless you go scorcha crazy. They're 9 wounds a piece and have a built in 6++ with 4+ BS. The gimmick on them almost never keeps them from getting where they need to be or shooting what they need to, but it CAN happen. I still think the cost of the gimmick for a really cheap and semi-durable tank is worth it though.

So yeah, tl:dr..I would play your shooty big model list like an elite army. You'll probably want a bunch of big meks as your hq units and I would use mega tanks as your "infantry" to support the bigger tanks and mechs.