Crazy ideas for our codex (whishlistin´& conspiracies)

Are Verlo

Or a very skilled and capable warrior who was already towards the top of his peers from the Horus Heresy era ... *cough* Azkaellon *cough* ..... who maybe now has even more powers and prowess, such as his ancient body becomes a vessel of a fragment of our primarch's power at times of great need?

Azkaellon isn't the Sanguinor. :wink: Check out "Herald of Sanguinius" for the Sanguinor's origins.

My "Perfect World" Wishlist

Chapter Tactic:

+1 to wound in combat. Jump Pack units may charge after advancing.

Stratagems:

Descent of Angels: Use when a Jump Pack unit enters via deep strike. This unit may charge on 3D6. (1CP)

Overcharged Engines: Pick a vehicle in the shooting phase. It can fire after advancing w/o penalty. (1CP)

Airborne Assault: you may place one/two more unit(s) in reserves w/o it counting towards the "only half" rule in matched play (1/3CP)

Red Thirst: A unit that has consolidated into another unit during the fight phase (ex: after wiping a unit) may immediately fight again (2CP)

-Most of the generic Space Marine Stratagems

Points Costs and other Misc. Items:

Bring costs in line with Space Marine Codex

Death Company: Down in points or 5+ FNP save, or both!

Sanguinary Guard: cheaper angelus bolter

Inferno Pistol: 8-10 points

Hand Flamer: 4 points

Dante: +2 CP if warlord

Unique Dreadnoughts: significant points decrease

Sanguinor with a Primarch Statline, LOW force org slot, and Girlyman sized model! (its not Sanguinius i swear!)

If we get even half of these things I'd be so happy!

Perhaps a tribute to the lucifer armoured strike force? A stratagem that lets 1 -3 Baals and 1 Land raider take a move after setting up, after rolling for who starts (We play with chapter approved +1 if you finish first) but before rolling to sieze the initative?

I think a return of rhino rush would be really cool. The rule would probably be along the lines of allowing BA to disembark from a transport after it has moved instead of at the start of the movement. Considering how GW has been making all kind of references to older rules and stuff lately I think this might be even plausible

Please no!

The Rhino rush was an aberration best consigned to the dustbin of history. It took a unit intended for tactical deployments and troop protection and turned into nothing more than an assault springboard.

Blood Angels should be soaring through the skies like the Primarch, not cowering in metal boxes.:wink:

Overcharged engines and better jump pack control should not be stratagems. There is nothing in the fluff that the lucifer engines have a fuel issue, that would explain only being allowed to go faster for a limited time. Additionally there is no indication that the amount of speed boosts is dependent on your army composition. A baal predator in a battalion detachment can move faster than a baal predator in a patrol detachment???

My "Perfect World" Wishlist

Chapter Tactic:

+1 to wound in combat. Jump Pack units may charge after advancing.

Stratagems:

Descent of Angels: Use when a Jump Pack unit enters via deep strike. This unit may charge on 3D6. (1CP)

Overcharged Engines: Pick a vehicle in the shooting phase. It can fire after advancing w/o penalty. (1CP)

Airborne Assault: you may place one/two more unit(s) in reserves w/o it counting towards the "only half" rule in matched play (1/3CP)

Red Thirst: A unit that has consolidated into another unit during the fight phase (ex: after wiping a unit) may immediately fight again (2CP)

-Most of the generic Space Marine Stratagems

Points Costs and other Misc. Items:

Bring costs in line with Space Marine Codex

Death Company: Down in points or 5+ FNP save, or both!

Sanguinary Guard: cheaper angelus bolter

Inferno Pistol: 8-10 points

Hand Flamer: 4 points

Dante: +2 CP if warlord

Unique Dreadnoughts: significant points decrease

Sanguinor with a Primarch Statline, LOW force org slot, and Girlyman sized model! (its not Sanguinius i swear!)

If we get even half of these things I'd be so happy!

2 wounds on DC

5+ FNP

And death blow type ability

Would make DC worth their points.

Like all the above though.

Actually, overcharged engines used to have a chance to break and immobilize a vehicle if they were used. So would typically not constantly be used.

That would be a mechanic I could get behind, but it still makes no sense that other units in the army would determine the chance of breaking down (except maybe the number of techmarines).

Please no!

The Rhino rush was an aberration best consigned to the dustbin of history. It took a unit intended for tactical deployments and troop protection and turned into nothing more than an assault springboard.

Blood Angels should be soaring through the skies like the Primarch, not cowering in metal boxes.:wink:

To be fair I didn't play Blood Angels back in those days and didn't face a Blood Angels force then either. It was that bad, huh?

But I have to agree, if this mechanic was introduced it would remove the need of jump packs for units. That doesn't sound very much Blood Angely to me.

I think we might see a boost to infantry that can fly (so Jump packs) that means advance + charge across the board to help with speed.

Tanks will probably get a bonus to advancing too with the boost of still being able to fire heavies etc

Probably +1S on the charge too for lulz.

Actually, overcharged engines used to have a chance to break and immobilize a vehicle if they were used. So would typically not constantly be used.

That would be a mechanic I could get behind, but it still makes no sense that other units in the army would determine the chance of breaking down (except maybe the number of techmarines).

Well, it can already determine how many times you can turn an auspex on, and also whether Salamanders can be good with fire, or White Scars be better with bikes, etc. it's a clear pattern now that they don't want the army-wide rules to focus on specific units, but rather keep unit-specific stuff as obtainable through Stratagems.

Do we think we'll get the Primaris Apothecary, a Primaris Sanguinary Priest, or neither?

I think, like we did in the index with normal apothecary's (Noviate), we'll get "Primaris Sanguinary Priest" and it will tell us to use the options and model for the Primaris model.

OR maybe the reason we aren't in this years batch of 'dexes is because we're getting new models.

Who knows!

So far we don't really know what GW's plans for models to accompany the new codices are. The SM range was left alone but shiny new Primaris models were added. Deathguard got a glut of new models but since it was basically a new army, that is not surprising. AdMech seem to have just got a codex with no models (apart from an individual release for Cawl). Considering their range is very new, this is not surprising.

Guard, Eldar and Nids are all coming out in quick succession which suggests few or no new models. Off the top of my head, I bet the plastic Eldrad will be released as an individual model but not much else. I really find it very hard to guess whether BAs, DAs or SWs will get new models at all.

Since this is a thread for wishlisting and various dream like demands, what pose would you think a new Mephy should have if they redid the model?

I personally want a very dynamic one. The Khârn pose is pretty dynamic so maybe something similar? Something with action!