Kaptain Gitklaw's Krew

Noeh

Figured I'd make a big overall post thinger for these guys. Still a very much in progress army. Theme? Grots! Grots for days! Grots for years! Take an Imperial Guard army, replace the guys with shorter green guys, make ALL their gear look like absolute scrap, and then beat them at their own game of cheap things!

So far my ramblings of the fluff for the Krew:

A weird strain of the Ork fungus spread across an abandoned imperial world, left due to unknown reasons, but riddled with wreckage of buildings and machines. First came the squirmlings and squigs to lay the foundations of the fungus, then the gretchin grew and begun to construct buildings and tools for the coming ork boyz, and then...nothing. The gretchin just continued to build and expand until they covered a good portion of the planet with vast, complex cities worth of buildings and machines.

Without orks to put them down, they grew more cunning as grots do. Some began to boss the smaller ones around and gangs of grots started popping up. Wars broke out soon after. Not being the brightest creatures out there..their planet was blown to pieces, literally. The biggest part of the grot "hive planet", roughly a fifth of the landmass, floated out into space and eventually collided into a derelict space hulk that seemed to be home to a krew of flash gitz.

Now safe to say, both parties were very surprised here. Who expects a planet to come knocking on their..let's call it a ship..their ship? The flash gitz asked these questions! With bullets! Many grots were killed of course, but they vastly outnumbered the boyz and overwhelmed them shortly. The older grots directing the tide until they won the fight. On particular gretchin, slightly taller than the rest and with pale grey skin, took the kaptain's hat for his own. It's said he even ripped off the power klaw one of the boyz had and fashioned it for his own use. With his new toy, fancy clothes, and vast amounts of cunning he ordered the space hulk to be integrated in and around the planet chunk with new weapons and scrapyards for the grots to build from.

Years and years later, only several of the older commanding gretchin even claim to get orders from Kaptain Gitklaw as he dubbed himself. Were the tales just made up by conniving grots to boss around the younger ones? Or is the Kaptain perhaps just that cunning now, ordering from the shadows and remaining unseen despite his ever growing wealth of teef, scrap, and shiny baubles? It's hard to tell. Safe to say, it's probably best to just avoid the massive chunk of scrap metal floating through space. They'll probably be the end of themselves eventually.

Now for the fun bits! Models!
First up we have my modified Morkanaut complete with grotkannon and soon to be replaced enormous chainsword.
Z23vZRG.jpg?1

This giant, hobbles on it's peg leg and aims to slash and bash it's way across the field. It throws out a giant force field while peppering foes with every bit of metal the krew can dump into it's kannon.

Next up are the two mega tanks I've made so far. I adore these cheap tanks so much. They put out a crazy amount of dakka.
oggDuYo.jpg?1
5iJNrL2.jpg?1

And of course we need artillery to outclass the Guard at their own game. Complete with far too many krew members for three gunz.
kInODOC.jpg?1

And the primary form of boarding nearby ships, planets, or whatever else Da Kaptain's "Ship" floats next to, stormgrotz!
iExVDcm.jpg?1
We have a squad of six here at the moment. The third from the left is my substitute Snikrot. An older grot who declared the Kaptain gave him command over the other stormgrotz. He pilots a hollowed out cybork body he personally augmented.

And so far, that's what I have other than some bikers, 60+ gretchin, a couple big meks, and a weirdboy. I'll have to post more pictures later.

Ahahaha! I love your background mate - who doesn't love a story about Grot pirates! :lol:

Excellent conversions as well, especially that morkanaught. You've definitely convinced me to buy one for my Waaaagh! B)

Had a game the other day 750 v 750 against Thousand Sons.
The objective of the game was to try and capture a very important and very distraught space marine who was wandering the board (We rolled a scatter die and 2d6 each turn and the objective ran around).

I brought along my red gun boat, two KMK mek gunz, two big meks with force fields, a little biker grot group, Grotsnark da Snippa, and a squad of 20 grots with their herder.
Thousand Sons had 10-15 rubric marines, some terminators, an exalted sorcerer, and for whatever reason Ahriman decided he needed to show himself.

Clearly the space marine (objective) was confused upon seeing Thousand Sons arrive on the field and spent almost the entire game bouncing around the grot side. The big 'umie wasn't really a concern for the grots as he has nothing of value for them. The chaos that started blasting the little guys on the other hand REALLY needed to go.

Turn 1 the grot bikers all jetted up the field and engaged with Ahriman and his boys since the Sons spent their turn just moving up. KMKs blasted hell onto the terminators and the gun boat more or less moved into position. Lots of damage hit back into the bikers but somehow 4/5 survived along with Grotsnark who never made the charge up. He was plotting other things.

Turn 2 the bikers were wiped out rather quickly and the rubrics charged into Grotsnark. He killed a few on the way in leaving them at less than half their number already. The terminators decided being out in the open wasn't the best idea and moved back to regroup. KMKs and the gunboat rained hell upon what was left in the open. By this time, Ahriman was wounded down to 4, half the rubrics were gone, and at least two terminators where turned into actual dust.

Turn 3 Grotsnark ejected from his bike back to safety before it exploded, taking out his henchgits he left behind. Before he died, the grot swarm blasted away all but two rubrics on a spree of great rolls followed by teeerrible rolls. The terminators decided to come out and play so they were blasted again by artillery. The big gun boat even rammed into them, injuring one with it's anchor.

Turn 4 Ahriman and his remaining rubrics decided to punish the grots for their insolence and nearly wiped them out. The boat exploded in a most glorious fashion and killed off a terminator and a sorcerer.

Turn 5 The grot herder decided he was going to die on his own terms and rammed his pike down Ahriman's throat, knocking him down to 2 wounds. He died afterwards of course. The terminators sluggishly moved up, but couldn't do much at this point.

Turn 6 Ahriman, moving closer and closer to the group of guns, managed to kill off both big meks with the help of his sorcerer friend. The loyal and dedicated gun krews turned both kannons at him and sent him packing right back into the warp!

And that's where it ended. We didn't really calculate points, we more considered it a victory for the grots simply because they managed to ravage the Thousand Sons due to an overwhelming amount of low rolls on their part. But..they'll take the win! They probably shot the poor marine afterwards with a stray bullet. Who knows what that poor man was carrying that was so valuable? The krew fled back to their floating chunk of rock in space along with all the metal and parts they could carry, ready to pillage another day!

I really need to finish up models...but my local game shop has distracted me with a special big monster tournament. That and I'm being...very heresy. Giant rats have invaded space. Anyone curious about my current major distraction here's links to "Rat-tarion", Typhus, and fourty or so Rat Marines: 
https://imgur.com/a/7AE78
https://imgur.com/a/iePtV

They shouldn't really take too long, but currently I'm at a bit of a roadblock ork wise. Not exactly sure what to do with them other than finishing up paintjobs. I have to wait now for my kommandos to come in, I need to build a second/third big mek, and make a new weirdgrot other than Big Mask, the tiny little grot shaman.

Edited by Noeh

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a tournament coming up and decided to do a count of the krew! I haven't really added anything, but it's nice to have a real total:

-HQs-

2x Big Mek

1x Weirdgrot

1x Snapgrit (Zagstruk)
1x Grotsnark da Clippah (Warboss on bike)

-Elite-
2x Grotherd (Runtherds)

-Troops-
50x Gretchin

-Fast Attack-
4x Grot Tanks
2x Grot Mega-Tank

6x Stormgitz

8x Warbikerz

-Heavy Support-
3x KMK Mek Gunz
1x Morkanaut

-Other?-
15ish more grot krew for gunz

1x Ammo Runt

1x Grot Orderly

Also while writing this one of my brave little green dudes was upgrade into an older and more kunnin' version. He's still just a regular gretchin, but I've made him grey to show age and experience. He took down a Scarab Occult Terminator then made his morale test with no added help, no rerolls, no runtherd. The whole time his gun was pointed straight at the guy looming over him. Fearless? Insane? ULTRA KUNNIN? Who's to say...He may get a name and then become the leader of my Kommandos when they come in.

8Y3Ic4a.jpg?2
A comparison of the fresh kannon fodder and the new grey guy

Edited by Noeh