Best usage of Terminator Model?

Corvus Fortis

I'm seeking advice on last model left in a Paladin kit which I used to make characters. One came for Brother-Captain, one for Apothecary, one for Ancient and the last one I left for Inquisitor conversion. This leaves me with another body I don't know how to use. My thoughts are the following:

1) Another Ancient. Since there are two entires for an ancient I thinking of making one Paladin Ancient and one Brotherhood Ancient. From the other hand, only helmets will differ so the question is if I ever need two of them on the battlefield at the same time?

2) Another Apothecary. Many think that Apothecary with hammer is way better than ancient. But there is only one hammer in the kit and I'm not going to buy another bit anytime soon. So my second apothecary will be, most likely, with halberd. I also have only one TDA unit by now and not that much characters and two apothecary could end up with no targets for healing, Still, apothecary with no hammer is cheaper and I can include him when short of points.

3) Chaplain. I can convert one as I have a head and convert a staff into crozius. But its usefulness is questionable as I'm going to get Draigo soon. And if GW realeases termochappy from new codex, I definitely would prefere it over a conversion. 

4) Grandmaster. Don't think it really worth it since I already have Voldus and NDK which I use as GM. 

So what do you think is best choice? 

P.S.: Do I get it right that you can make only one heavy weapon guy per kit since there is only one arm suitable for heavy weapon?

The only useful option is the apothecary, but he's not good without the hammer. I'd suggest you find some bits for the hammer. If you aren't going to use it inmediately, you can wait for chapter approved in december to see if any of the other options become viable.

It's not worth having an apothecary without a hammer, he loses most of his dmg potential and any decent melee unit will laugh at him. Just pay the 13 points, it's ridiculously cheap for what it does.

The soul glaive is just a bad hammer, which also prevents you from picking the relic hammer or the cuirass

It's not worth having an apothecary without a hammer, he loses most of his dmg potential and any decent melee unit will laugh at him. Just pay the 13 points, it's ridiculously cheap for what it does.

The soul glaive is just a bad hammer, which also prevents you from picking the relic hammer or the cuirass

So what has better value for points between:

1. Apothecary without hammer (Halberd the next best choice?)

2. Ancient with 1 Falchion

If it's between those 2 above what's the "better" choice?

P.S.: Do I get it right that you can make only one heavy weapon guy per kit since there is only one arm suitable for heavy weapon?

Im pretty sure there is another TDA left arm in a similar position to the heavy weapon arm, just able to be used with a stormbolter...so you can have 2 models with heavy weapons.

So what has better value for points between:

1. Apothecary without hammer (Halberd the next best choice?)

2. Ancient with 1 Falchion

If it's between those 2 above what's the "better" choice?

It really comes down to which you prefer more. Multiple apothecaries can heal the same unit in a turn while multiple banners do not stack, but banners are a powerful force multiplier and with a larger army two of them allows you to spread the love.

I probably wouldn't have two banner bearers myself since the work involved in making two unique banners is fairly intensive and I wouldn't want two identical ones in my army, If it were me I'd make a chaplain since I don't currently have a GK one and I think one converted from the terminator kit would look better than one converted from the stock Chaplain model.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally decided to go with chappy for remaining model, so I'll have full HQ set. Just want to ask for ideas for conversion. I already have a helmet, but think about Crozius. I read that different chapters can use different symbols, so which fit GK most? I think of using Nemesis Staff top but would daemon's head fit better?

And another question just not to start new thread. I want also remade my terminators to paladins. What weapons would be the best for them? Falchions is the best choice for strikes but paladins already have 3 attacks base. Would falchions be an overkill?

Falchions are pretty boss, but I also like to include some Halberds and Hammers to add some oomph to the unit. I don't even mind including a sword or two. The extra -1 in AP makes them pretty scary for other 2+ armour save units.

Also for the Crozius, yeah I would probably go for the top of a Warding Stave.

Also for the Crozius, yeah I would probably go for the top of a Warding Stave.

If you've got a marine player in your group, Just ask him if he's got one of the winged skull banner tops from the command squad in his bit's box, Add that to the top of a spare power axe and bingo you've got a crozius (if you're feeling especially fancy you can even cut the axe head out so that the axe's power cable connects to the back of the skull) sadly my digi cam has died (the machine spirit is one with the omnissiah) or I'd snap a pic to show you what i mean

That does sound cool, but I'd really be looking for something that still carries the Grey Knight aesthetic.

Unfortunately, Chaplins don’t really have a GK aesthetic on their own. The best way to go GK with a Chaplin is to use a Justicar’s body with GK shoulders and a TDA Chaplin’s skull helm. Do the Crossius as stated above.

SJ

You could always get a cheap recast of the Marine Chaplain with all the fancy scrolls, like how they converted in the codex. That's what I'll probably end up doing. 

As for us, thus far I've only used mine as Paladins. I'm currently using Voldus as a Brother-Captain (I dislike using named characters but I like his model). Paladins do quite a good job of soaking up enemy fire and the Paragon murders thing quite well. I've yet to use Apothecaries but they have some nice potential. You can load six of them with hammers into a Raven and cause some mischief.